Time To Rebuild The VF1000R...IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kel

• Member Contributer

More work today. I got the seat bolted down where it's supposed to go. The carbon really likes the clear coat. Shinny and deep.

DSCN3580.JPG?psid=1

The rear turn signals and brake lights are on and functioning. I'm surprised how bright the LED's are. No wonder they're the future.

DSCN3583.JPG?psid=1

DSCN3587.JPG?psid=1

Not totally sold on the front signals. They'll do for now.

DSCN3591.JPG?psid=1

The seat is on but I'm no seat maker so it's just a temp. I'll make a better one in the spring. I really want to fire it up for it's first ride this weekend.

DSCN3578.JPG?psid=1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

howz about a walkaround video?

That would be groovy.

For sure Timmy. When I get all the remaining, small pieces on, I'll do a walk around.

Great work Kel, I agree that there might be something better for the front signals, they look a little small and delicate compared to the rest of the bike, anyplace to mount some flush ones?

That paint looks amazing

• Member Contributer

Great work Kel, I agree that there might be something better for the front signals, they look a little small and delicate compared to the rest of the bike, anyplace to mount some flush ones?

That paint looks amazing

Thanks Matt. Yea, I'm not sure what to do for next season. The idea of putting them in the stock location was that I could take the fairing off without having to dick with the wires every time but I"m just not groovn' to where they are. I would certainly entertain the idea of some flush ones if I found the right pair. If they're too small or too flush, they don't really have a wide field of view for cager's from the front or slightly off to one side. We'll see, all I can think about now is pulling up the kick stand and letting the clutch out.

The idea of putting them in the stock location was that I could take the fairing off without having to dick with the wires every time but I"m just not groovn' to where they are. I would certainly entertain the idea of some flush ones if I found the right pair.

Have you tuoght of putting on mirrors that have the turn indicator in it?

Just throw a helmet and a smile on and FRIGGN ride it! you deserve it Kel... Looks EXCELLENT .... Cant wait to see it first hand..

That paint looks amazing

Thanks Matt. Yea, I'm not sure what to do for next season. The idea of putting them in the stock location was that I could take the fairing off without having to dick with the wires every time but I"m just not groovn' to where they are. I would certainly entertain the idea of some flush ones if I found the right pair. If they're too small or too flush, they don't really have a wide field of view for cager's from the front or slightly off to one side. We'll see, all I can think about now is pulling up the kick stand and letting the clutch out.

• Member Contributer

That paint looks amazing

Can`t say enough about it Kel, looks great!

Struggled with blinkers myself. Here in the wild west, they aren`t required so I finally decided not to use any.

• Member Contributer

Can`t say enough about it Kel, looks great!

Struggled with blinkers myself. Here in the wild west, they aren`t required so I finally decided not to use any.

Geez Tom, I never noticed the mutant had no turn signals.

• Member Contributer

DSCN3580.JPG?psid=1

oooooohhh what a lovely NACA :cheerleader:

and the rest looks drop dead gorgeous too :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I don't believe it! I actually rode my bike!!! Man did it feel F'n good. It's not completely done but who cares, I had to ride it this year. Below 50 degrees but I didn't feel a thing! Here's a couple of shots from various angles just to hush the doubter's. It still looks some what like a VF1000R only better.

gallery_13847_3747_237099.jpg

VF1000R 2

gallery_13847_3747_94430.jpg

VF1000R

gallery_13847_3747_45899.jpg

VF1000R 1

gallery_13847_3747_24395.jpg

VF1000R 3

Did I mention I RODE MY BIKE!! WAHOOOOO!

Damn Kel,

What a great job, that paintjob and RC51 front end sets it off real nice...... am lovin' it all the way from down-under Sydney. Did I say Damn..!!!

Cheers,

Smithy.

• Member Contributer

Congrats, that is one awesome custom bike. I hope you are very proud of yourself at this stage and not too tied up in "what's next".

I think everyone on this site would be happy to own that bike. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

thats one awesome bike, you did an amazing job and hopefully you'll get to ride it some more before the deep freeze of winter. Tom

CBR 929/954 330mm front rotors, yes?

Very, very, very nice, I'm jealous.

I''m almost wishing I would have done a R/W/B scheme on mine, but it looks great also, so maybe I should just have two, one in each colour?? :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Congrats, that is one awesome custom bike. I hope you are very proud of yourself at this stage and not too tied up in "what's next".

I think everyone on this site would be happy to own that bike. :fing02:

Yup. BEAUTIFUL job.

• Member Contributer

Great looking paint, must look even better in the flesh on a nice sunny day.

Roll on Summer 2011...

Looking werry good :fing02:

I really like the look as rear wheel is bigger than front (like the 80 bikes, and you did keep it by puting on a RC30 18" rear)

Color is werry nice to.

Archived