....and Then There Was Stoner.......

Oh, please race again full time Mr Casey. I have very little interest in the coming season of MotoGP (WSBK yes......due to Nicky). All the debauchery of the the last season's end has created some disinterest for me. The only good guy was....(gasp).....Dani!?!?!? Casey's raw talent, abject determination, and, "oh, hey everybody.....f@#k you! I'm just here to race!" attitude were good to watch....at times. Mostly, I would like to see him stick it up the arses of MM, Jeorge....and Rossi too. Mostly the Spaniards though. I don't think anyone else has the talent to do it. Dani will spoil once in a while, but Casey will be there every race and has little concern for their little.....uh......squabble.

Please race Casey. That would be fun.

• Member Contributer

Make that 5th quickest... and fastest Ducati, and only 2 tenths slower than Marquez

http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/226425/1/sepang-motogp-test-times-wednesday-final.html

That's got to sting a little bit for the Andrea's...

Maybe but Stoner ran the GP15 exclusively while the Andreas ran the 15/16 working on electronic set ups and other stuff.

• Member Contributer

I do hope he comes back. Irish road racing is the real thing. MotoGp is so boring :schla15::schla15: . Needs somebody like him.

I don't claim to know him well, but I supply Stoner with equipment for one of his favorite hobbies. In the few exchanges I've had with him, I got the impression he will never rejoin the GP circuit full time ever again.

• Member Contributer

OK so got to ask what's one of his favourite hobbies ? I thought it was part time racing whilst technically retired !

• Member Contributer

Make that 5th quickest... and fastest Ducati, and only 2 tenths slower than Marquez

http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/226425/1/sepang-motogp-test-times-wednesday-final.html

That's got to sting a little bit for the Andrea's...

Maybe but Stoner ran the GP15 exclusively while the Andreas ran the 15/16 working on electronic set ups and other stuff.

True, but they've had their butts in the GP15 for a long time and only have to learn the Michelins on it. Casey came off a Bridgestone shod endurance superbike crash and had to learn both the GP15 and Michelins from scratch.

Stoner's loves are racebikes, fishing and bow hunting. Oh and Adriana and Alessandra :tongue:

I don't see him returning either, he's enjoying his life as it is. I do think (hope!) that he'll race at the Island though.

I read an article last night that suggested that Gigi knew exactly what he was doing when he rested Stoner on the second day of the private test, so he’d be strong for the official test.

Two main reasons were suggested. One, a fast Stoner should gee up the factory riders to dig a little deeper (the article also implied that Gigi may not have absolute faith that his riders are up to getting the best out of the bike).

Two – and this is the big one – a fast Stoner would show the really fast guys that the Ducati is a serious contender… and may tempt them away from their current factory rides when contract time rolls around later this year. And they had to see it now, because Stoner smashing the field at the Island in October would be too late – contracts are signed around July/August. Rumour has it that Ducati has never quite given up on securing Lorenzo.

So, there’s now no doubt whatsoever that the Ducati – even the old one! – is a bloody fast racebike, and if Ducati really does want Lorenzo for 2017 they are already on the scoreboard with him… he won’t forget what he saw in Sepang even if the Ducs don’t get within cooee of him between now and contract time.

• Member Contributer

I doubt he will come back. Everyone boo'd him away and complained about him in MotoGP. Even when he was doing V8 people made fun of him. Now all of a sudden everyone wants him back.

• Member Contributer

He slagged off the entire sport on his way out. Started pointed fingers at everyone and was incessantly complaining about rules, that his employer at the time, Honda, pushed to implement. So it was quite strange to hear and/or read what was said. He was directing it at DORNA but it was actually Honda at the MSMA table that pushed the things into existence, that he didn't like.

I don't care for him at all but would welcome his return. The beotching would be epic!

• Member Contributer

What's life without a little BWC*? :wink:

*Bitch, Whine and Complain or Bitching, Whining and Complaining

Archived