Flash Ecu Vfr1200 Conclusion... Please Only Experience From People Who Have Theire 1200Ecu Flashed, No Speculations Only Facts!

Fasty

• Member Contributer

When I had mine all apart, I ordered up the harness ($16) for the heated grips, and used that for my USB/Voltage Gauge. Used a step drill to make the hole in the plastic. I will try to post a pic..........

gallery_33430_7623_3113830.jpg

I have not put the voltage gauge in yet, but it will go on the other side............

Harness:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-08A30-MGE-100.html?CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CMnQ58-zzssCFZKGaQodQNcFkg

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I've also done the ECU reflash; I've installed it back on the bike and the first impressions are pretty good. It's also nice to see the first and second gears in the gear indicator :goofy: .

ECU Reflashed By Guhl

• Member Contributer

I think by law Don has to put the sticker on since he changed the factory settings in the ECU. Like Chanmenie said if you don't like it just peel it off.

Has anyone dyno'd their after flashing it?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm actually pretty shocked that I haven't come across any mention of quantifiable changes in reflashed bikes-- either dyno numbers or track times. It doesn't matter that much... I've seen enough positive feedback for me to have the service done. But I AM curious.

• Member Contributer

Has anyone dyno'd their after flashing it?

I did, but I did the de-cat at the same time. The 1st/2nd gear restrictions are gone and my gear indicator works in every gear. The fans also turn on earlier. So everything Guhl claims is correct.

• Member Contributer

Over on the Dutch forum an owner posted the results of 2 2010 non-DCT's put on the same bench in sequence by the same tester

VFR1200F 2010 Handshift

Remus exhaust

no other mods

140,1 HP rear wheel

VFR1200F 2010 Handshift

Don Guhl Flash

K&N Filter

141,6 HP rear wheel

Put on top of one another, the graphs were pretty much identical he wrote.

Asked if they also included torque, for that is/could be the key differentiator.

Over on the Dutch forum an owner posted the results of 2 2010 non-DCT's put on the same bench in sequence by the same tester

VFR1200F 2010 Handshift

Remus exhaust

no other mods

140,1 HP rear wheel

VFR1200F 2010 Handshift

Don Guhl Flash

K&N Filter

141,6 HP rear wheel

Put on top of one another, the graphs were pretty much identical he wrote.

Asked if they also included torque, for that is/could be the key differentiator.

Thanks for the numbers! But that is not horsepower, it is kilowatts! :)

141.6 kW converts to 189.9 HP.

I don't think so there's no way the VFR1200 makes 189 HP

the 140 HP is correct its 172 BHP at the Crank and 140 at the rear wheel

you can get into the high 160's with a decat, end can, air filter and fuelling module like a Power Commander

there are different standards for measuring HP.....i can't quote them off of my head but SAE is one

the Guhl reflash is not about peak power but removing restrictions, mostly affecting mid range power

• Member Contributer

Something is either wrong with that bike or with the dyno. They typically make ca. 152-155 RWHP STOCK. 140 RWHP means almost 20% loss which is just not possible.

Loss of 12HP from 152 is less than 10%...

But I agree something's not right...

Something is either wrong with that bike or with the dyno. They typically make ca. 152-155 RWHP STOCK. 140 RWHP means almost 20% loss which is just not possible.

140 rwhp compared to 173 crank gives exactly 19% - that would be the less efficient drive shaft I've ever seen. Even quattro torsen is more efficient...on 4 wheels.

I'm talking about total system loss.

More to say they use DIN in NED. 140 DIN is 138 SAE.

• Member Contributer

Specs from Two Brother's exhaust website.

Performance Specs Stock TBR Difference Peak HP 151.9 hp 153.98 hp 2.08 hp Peak Torque - ft-lbs - ft-lbs - ft-lbs Max HP Gain - + 5.02 hp + 5.02 hp Weight 13 lbs 5 lbs -8 lbs Sound 94.5 dB @5000 rpm 101 dB @5000 rpm 6.5 dB with P1 insert - 98.5 dB @5000 rpm - with P1-X insert - 96.5 dB @5000 rpm - Catalyst yes yes - O2 Sensor yes yes

140 rwhp compared to 173 crank gives exactly 19% - that would be the less efficient drive shaft I've ever seen. Even quattro torsen is more efficient...on 4 wheels.

I'm talking about total system loss.

More to say they use DIN in NED. 140 DIN is 138 SAE.

I agree on that notion of it being too much of a loss. I read somewhere (can't remember) that the loss was only 6% off the crank. I'll try and find that source again. The VFR is supposed to have the best power change between the crank and wheel of any shafty bike. Although I don't know the newer BMW numbers yet.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I just got back from a 100-ish mile jaunt this evening. My first real ride since the ecu flash. Good lord. I also need to mention that I have lost 50 lbs since last year, and 120 since buying the bike. That coupled with 1st & 2nd gear being unleashed has turned this bike into an arm straightening torque monster! I kid you not, I was laughing maniacally on some of the back roads not far from here.

Honda should have sold the bike with this ecu, it literally makes this bike performance jaw dropping.

Archived