Flash Ecu Vfr1200 Conclusion... Please Only Experience From People Who Have Theire 1200Ecu Flashed, No Speculations Only Facts!

Fasty

Hy,

as i saw dissapearing a verry old tread on flashing ecu i thought to myself this is the time to talk about facts and experience, not speculations...

me i got a 173HP Belgium ecu flashed, result is a much more smoother bike with more usable power. shure worth its money

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I flashed my VFR1200F 2010 too.

It went from a bike that I wanted to sell to a bike that I want to keep.

It's running incredibly good now.

I can even run smooth at 45KM/H in 3th now, before it was messing in 2 and stuttering all the time.

Also the throttle-delay that almost made me crash twice on roundabouts, totally gone.

As well as the 1/2 rpm limitation, that made it accelerate like a 50cc moped, gone as well.

Thank you very much Don!

what happened to the original topic???

I got one of the first two VFR 1200 ECU's that Don Guhl re-flashed. Worked as advertised except for removal of the top speed limiter. Don called and had me ship it back when they figured out a fix for removing the speed limiter. Don re-flashed the ECU a second time for free with the update and the speed limiter is gone. Tested it on the dyno and later saw over 175 MPH on the interstate before having to let out for traffic. Everything works as promised. I only had the limiters ( HP in all gears & top speed) removed and the RPM limit raised 500 RPM. He also removed the alarm code when you remove the exhaust flapper actuator.

He could have installed a fuel map but I didn't want that option as I use a Power Commander and autotune.

Very satisfied with the re-flash from Don Guhl.

snip

I can even run smooth at 450KM/H in 3th now,

snip

The above statement really needs some clarification.

The thread title could use a re-working as well

The only improvement I have from Don's ECU alteration is a strong and linear power band in 2nd gear, which to me is worth the cost. 1st gear is also de-restricted but I never use that power in 1st gear.

Other than that the bike is exactly as before. It is very poor in slow crawling traffic, particularly idling along in gear with uneven running and drive line lash slapping back and forth. Most 1200 owners know exactly what I'm referring to.

• Member Contributer
snip

I can even run smooth at 450KM/H in 3th now,

snip

The above statement really needs some clarification.

Oeps sorry, ment 45 :beer:

please guys, stay on topic sorry bout the big title but wanted a thread for people who now at the moment are looking for actual info...without going thru a 500 lines topic...

• Member Contributer

In his emails, he states this:

************************************************************************************************
The products and services by Guhl Motors are subject to change without notification.
Guhl Motors is not responsible for any property damage or bodily injury that may occur as a result of using this product.
The user assumes all responsibility for any damage that may occur to an engine and or vehicle as a result of tuning. Guhl Motors will not cover any damage that may occur as a result of using its products and services.
Guhl Motors' Products and services are for racing use only and are not designed to meet any emission level regulations and does not carry a CARB E.O. identification number, and may be illegal for non-racing applications. Check your local laws.
************************************************************************************************

To answer your question, yes they all are fore for racing purposes as he doesn't want to be sued over the things he does.

BTW, things like a powercommander and such are in the same boat, and they claim for racing as well.

In Europe exhausts can get a CE approval and as such street legal, but modifying engine-mapping/tuning is not.

I got the first one. It's a huge step in the right direction, and though I didn't have to pay for mine, I would've happily sent Don the cost of the re-flash if he'd asked.

Think of it this way: I couldn't wait to sell the 7th and did this mod as a "why not help out everyone else before I move on?" I still have the bike, and ride it a lot. And actually enjoy riding it a lot more than before -- even in traffic.

It's a great thing, especially for DCT owners. Do it and don't look back.

First, It gives me great pleasure to help make these bikes the way they should have been made in the first place. It's nice to see that our hard work is appreciated.

If anyone is unhappy, I'd like to hear about it so we can take care of it.

Some interesting things we hove found as we work on more of these ECUs from around the world.

US models are restricted in 1st, 2nd, and 6th gears. Euro models are restricted in 1st,2nd,3rd and 6th gears.

We have successfully reflashed a Belgium 115hp restricted ECU to full power with great results.

We can reflash both the standard transmission and Dual Clutch models.

I believe that we are the ONLY aftermarket company that can reflash the Honda motorcycle ECUs through the front connector without cutting or drilling into the ECU.

The original flashes did not remove the top speed limiter. We are now able to remove the top speed limiter. Any of the original customers can send their ECU back to update the flash to remove the top speed limiter at no charge (just pay for the shipping).

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Don Guhl

The products and services by Guhl Motors are subject to change without notification.
Guhl Motors is not responsible for any property damage or bodily injury that may occur as a result of using this product.
The user assumes all responsibility for any damage that may occur to an engine and or vehicle as a result of tuning. Guhl Motors will not cover any damage that may occur as a result of using its products and services.
Guhl Motors' Products and services are for racing use only and are not designed to meet any emission level regulations and does not carry a CARB E.O. identification number, and may be illegal for non-racing applications. Check your local laws.

• Member Contributer

I too am very happy with Don's flash of my ECU. I believe that mine was the first to have a custom map installed based only on Don's knowledge and my description of aftermarket add-on's and I can say that it was spot on. I had my bike Dyno-ed and it ran great 162 BHP and was only slightly rich in a couple of spots and that's it.

Thanks Don for all your hard work. I'm sure that you are now seeing some fruits for all your labor. :cheerleader:

Hi Don, my VFR1200 Manual already has a Bazzaz ZF-i fuel controller installed, ( W/out TC or Quickshift ) i am running the supplied Bazzaz map...what do you recommend when i reflash ?? should i install your map and remove zf i ??? looking to send my ECU to you soon thnx

I imagine I am in the minority, but if I get mine re-flashed, I'd like the hp in 1st to be about 1/2 between what Honda has it and totally unrestricted. I would want 2nd thru 6th totally unrestricted.

Can Don do that, or does 1st have to be like honda, or totally unrestricted?

I imagine I am in the minority, but if I get mine re-flashed, I'd like the hp in 1st to be about 1/2 between what Honda has it and totally unrestricted. I would want 2nd thru 6th totally unrestricted.

Can Don do that, or does 1st have to be like honda, or totally unrestricted?

The unrestricted 1st gear does not make 1st gear unmanageable in any way. You won't even notice it unless you pin the throttle.

From what I've read, I need to save up some shekels so that I can send my ECU away over the winter break... As it is, I'm regretting buying my 2010 a month ago :(

It is just nothing like I had expected, rough, choppy and unrefined :/

• Member Contributer

From what I've read, I need to save up some shekels so that I can send my ECU away over the winter break... As it is, I'm regretting buying my 2010 a month ago :(

It is just nothing like I had expected, rough, choppy and unrefined :/

That's all in the ECU zombie. Trust me, send your suspension off to Jamie http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/and get your ECU flashed. The bike is a (removed) missile. I had it out last night and it's a night and day difference to stock. Bike overwhelms me how good it is now. So damn stable at high speed now it's ridiculous. I was cruising at 95 MPH and it feels like you are doing 55. Corners and stops like a mofo too. Honda really neutered it from the factory. Fork settings/innards are all wrong, and all the neutering in the ECU is ridiculous. Flash the ECU and get your suspension done, should be less than $1k to do everything it needs.

why are you excluding people from posting here ?????? this is nonsense, any member should be able to comment on any post

going back to VFRWorld soon....i'd like to know why my thread about the RC213V-S prototype was deleted.....i thought that some VFR owners might be interested in the new 9th Gen Honda V-Four....i guess not....did i offend someone???? what is going on on this forum.....?????

Bad Billy ain't lookin' so bad any more

• Member Contributer

..i thought that some VFR owners might be interested in the new 9th Gen Honda V-Four....i guess not....did i offend someone???? what is going on on this forum.....?????

There was half a dozen threads about that bike all at once here; you only need one. It's just good for the forum to streamline things and I doubt was any sort of knock on you for making the thread :)

why are you excluding people from posting here ?????? this is nonsense, any member should be able to comment on any post

going back to VFRWorld soon....i'd like to know why my thread about the RC213V-S prototype was deleted.....i thought that some VFR owners might be interested in the new 9th Gen Honda V-Four....i guess not....did i offend someone???? what is going on on this forum.....?????

Don't worry about it, you did nothing wrong. Fasty and bassie are trying to police the thread but forums just don't work that way. They want "no speculations, only FACTS!" but anyone's description of how the de-restriction improves their bike are opinions not facts. The Belgium members description of the de-restriction results will be vastly different from North American, UK, etc members results due to the major restrictions on their bikes to begin with.

Forum threads are about discussion, not strict adherence to only one line of thought.

If you want answers from Don you must call him on the phone. He doesn't spend much time on the forum or answering back and forth emails, too busy.

• Member Contributer

It was posted in the wrong section. As simple as that.

• Member Contributer

I remember bad billy days !!!

It was posted in the wrong section. As simple as that.

why is it the wrong section ?? i posted it for you guys to see....there is no 9th Gen section......if you have already seen the bike, don't click on the link.....taking the post down so that no one can see it is wrong

• Member Contributer

Ishark, you need to post it in the "Other Motorcycle Talk" section, even then it gets taken down after a certain period if the topic isn't active...

Archived