Flash Ecu Vfr1200 Conclusion... Please Only Experience From People Who Have Theire 1200Ecu Flashed, No Speculations Only Facts!

Fasty

I send it "Temporary export software update." That 's what other Belgium guy's did and only,just like you, paid duties on the update or service price.

Don't forget to do like this.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Send mine last week Thursday(27 jan 2015), still not arrived. Reason (Bpost= Belgian post) snow in USA.

I have used the DHL to send and they used the FEDEX to send it back. Either way 4 days to deliver.

I used the DHL online form generator to make a Proforma Invoice which clearly sates TEMPORARY export and REPAIR.

Just before receiving my shipment back from FEDEX the customs called me and asked for those documents and I have paid the duties only from

the service price. The ECU itself was insured with 1000 USD.

That's good to know, thanks for that. :beer:

My pleasure.

Take a look here:

http://www.dhl.ch/en/express/shipping/customs_support/customs_paperwork.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, looking for advice. I'm about to send my ECU in to Don but I am unsure which Power Commander map I should have him program into my flash. I currently have a Two Brothers exhaust and K&N air filter. Most of the Power Commander maps listed on the Dyno Jet website reference the European Model. Does anyone have a good map for a simple slip on exahust / K&N setup?

Thanks in advance,

-Pat W

• 1 month later...

The weather was kind enough today for a quick spin - rode around 80 km's in a 8-10'C. Not bad.

First reflash impressions:

-you can ride this thing 30kmh on a 2nd gear with 2000 rpm - it does not stall anymore

-this famous rubbish driveshaft clunk is almost entirely gone - still noticeable in the 1st gear but very very low.

-the 2nd gear pulls like a vmx1700 now, like a wild hog. Managed to powerslide this thing in the second!

-power delivery is very smooth in the first 3 gears

I'm am officially happy!

• Member Contributer

Managed to powerslide this thing in the second!

:worthlesswithoutpics: euh video!!! :goofy:

Just got my ECU back from Don! It's back in the bike and she fired right up... I'm hoping to take it out for a quick spin this weekend, but it all depends on how much the snow melts this week.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Forum Fiend

• Member Contributer

The weather was kind enough today for a quick spin - rode around 80 km's in a 8-10'C. Not bad.

First reflash impressions:

-you can ride this thing 30kmh on a 2nd gear with 2000 rpm - it does not stall anymore

-this famous rubbish driveshaft clunk is almost entirely gone - still noticeable in the 1st gear but very very low.

-the 2nd gear pulls like a vmx1700 now, like a wild hog. Managed to powerslide this thing in the second!

-power delivery is very smooth in the first 3 gears

I'm am officially happy!

Great to hear. Can you tell us which map you had him install and why?

-Dan

No specific map was loaded - I'm totally against this. Don't like to be "tied" to the one map - I decide to change something

in the future and I would need to send him my ECU again. No thanks - PC/BZAZ will follow next winter.

• Member Contributer

That leads me to believe your improvements are based on limitations on the bike that are not imposed on the US model...

I'm still expecting to do the reflash, but my main issue is what fueling map to load. I am not interested in a power commander (although admittedly, because I don't really understand them...)

-Dan

That leads me to believe your improvements are based on limitations on the bike that are not imposed on the US model...

I'm still expecting to do the reflash, but my main issue is what fueling map to load. I am not interested in a power commander (although admittedly, because I don't really understand them...)

-Dan

Oh they are also in the US models.

• Member Contributer

Yes, the ignition retard in gears 1-2 (as well as the top speed limitation in 5th and 6th) but the fueling seems to be the improvement people are talking about beyond what a simple Bazaz Z-Bomb can do, as well as removing the fault if you remove the servi battery, having the bikke turn the fan on earlier, changing the RPM limiter (if you dare) and the like.

The noticeable difference on the street beyond fixing 1-2 must be fueling, unless there are additional limitations like HP in some Eurpoean countries.

-Dan

Rider

My reason for the Don G reflash is the lean (extremely) in the 3 to 5000 rpm area which is a throttle control pain in the A !!

I hate the doughy feel which happens when in the slow twisty stuff. :wacko::wacko::wheel:

• Member Contributer

Sent my ECU to Don from Lagos, Nigeria. Was so impressed with the custom settings options available and quick turn-around time.

I am enjoying so much more power and smoothness. Smile on my face every time I ride my VFR is all I can say. Enjoy it if you can...Oh...and the extra 500rpm...mmmmmmm :goofy: :goofy:

CJ keep us informed... :biggrin:

Well, I've got about 60 miles on the new flash. So far... I like it. I previously had the Bazzaz Z-Bomb (1-2 gear fix) installed, so I wouldn't say the change is night and day, but its nice having my gear indicator back. I also had Don install a PCV map. I know some people are against doing this, but if I'm going to go out and buy a PCV, I'm going to shell out the few extra bucks for a custom dyno tune ANYWAYS. But Don's map gets rid of that hole in the power curve between 3 and 4k RPMs.

I'm probably going to throw the Bazzaz unit up in the classified section... but I should take a couple pictures of it first since classifieds adds are worthless without pictures.

Don did mine, and I like it. Only criticism is its a little rich (it seems), when bike is cold and I ride off from start up. (32 degrees this morning here in so cal). once bike is warmed up, runs fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just rode mine after the Guhl treatment, 4000rpm is like the old 6000 pulls hard, that soft feeling the bike had is gone.

Archived