Flash Ecu Vfr1200 Conclusion... Please Only Experience From People Who Have Theire 1200Ecu Flashed, No Speculations Only Facts!

Fasty

I had the reflash done last week on my 2010 which I purchased brand new last September, and due to some pretty frigid weather around here (that, plus my work schedule) I haven't had a lot of time to rack up too many miles.

That is-- until yesterday.

I put in about 200 miles of a combination of backroads and interstate riding yesterday, and I have to say that the new bike is everything that everyone has been raving about. I call it a new bike, because that is exactly how it feels.

The newness of this experience has been compounded by the fact that at the same time I had the newly reflashed ECU put in, I had a Dam exhaust put on. In retrospect, I wish that I could have had the two procedures done separately because both changes have affected the riding experience pretty dramatically. It might have been nice to see what the Guhl treatment would be on an even playing field. Either one of these changes would have left me smiling, but having them together, I'm pretty blissed out about my new VFR.

I thought I'd chime in to let anyone who may be on the fence about the reflash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very difficult, if not impossible to compare SAE HP en DIN.

1. 1 SAE HP is approx. 745,7 Watt and 1 DIN HP is approx 735,5 Watt

So a 173 SAE HP motorcycle is approx 129 kW and a 173 DIN HP motorcycle is approx. 127,2 kW

Conversion formulas

DIN HP = SAE HP * 1.0142
SAE HP = DIN Hp * 0.9860

2. SAE HP is  a  measurement of the engine's power without fixed accessories.

and DIN HP is a measurement of the engine's power with ALL fixed accessories, such as inlet and outlet, fan, water, fuel and injection pump. (no alternator).

Only a proper dynorun (with conversion) can give you a good idea when you compare DIN with SAE

• 3 weeks later...

Ive just got mine back from a Don Guhl reflash ... haven't had it on a long ride but its much more fun to ride in town.  And all the horses on tap from the start ... I'm not sure about the Belgium service, but Guhl has brilliant service.  Well worth the money!

On 3/20/2016 at 10:30 PM, RC1237V said:

This one is a little different but it has the volt meter in one.  Any reason it won't work? Didn't you have clearance issues under the panel?

http://www.amazon.com/BlueFire%C2%AE-Charger-Socket-Outlet-Voltmeter/dp/B01F3I117E?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ACKFGXOOEC78X

• Member Contributer
56 minutes ago, Auron said:

This one is a little different but it has the volt meter in one.  Any reason it won't work? Didn't you have clearance issues under the panel?

http://www.amazon.com/BlueFire%C2%AE-Charger-Socket-Outlet-Voltmeter/dp/B01F3I117E?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ACKFGXOOEC78X

No clearance issues under the panel as it's mostly hollow, I used a step drill to make the hole the correct size. Be careful, the plastic is soft, and fairly thin.....go easy!

• Member Contributer
On 5/14/2016 at 2:32 PM, Auron said:

Does that mean it's difficult to get the outlet sturdy once mounted? 

No, just tighten up the jam nut below, it may have come with a washer, I cant remember, but I put a dab of silicone on the underside to keep it (the jam nut and socket) from vibrating loose.

Hi Guys Im in the UK and had my 2014 dct flashed last month, its gone from a fast sports tourer to a missile, top speed now reads 176mph ( 166mph= GPS ) it was limited to 166mph on the speedo before. several of you say you have had yours dyno'd,  how do you get around the dct on the dyno, I know its something to do with fooling the abs. I want to get mine dyno'd in the UK but dynojet say it cant be done.

my 0-100mph times are almost identical in S or D mode which is odd ( 6 seconds )

Oh one more thing, I think Don Guhl made a mistake on mine as I have now lost my cold start idle ( choke) , it has stalled and runs very lumpy for the first mile or so now until warm.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Looks like I need to get this done but cant seem to find Dons contact info in the 8 pages here?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Is there any way to tell if the ECU has already been reflashed by Don?  Are there markings or a sticker on it anywhere that he adds?

• Member Contributer

Excellent.  I'll check this out when I figure out how to take the fairings off.  I'm assuming the ECU is under there somewhere.  I didn't see it under the seat on first glance.

Archived