New! Fork Cartridge Kits For Vfr750 And Vfr800

JamieDaugherty

• Member Contributer

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've recently released a fork cartridge upgrade kit. These are available for all years VFR750 and VFR800. I've been working hard on these for the past couple of years and they are finally ready. One of the biggest goal for this kit was that it something the owner can install themselves. This eliminates the need to send the forks to me for the upgrade. I will still be offering the standard fork spring and revalve services and will also be installing these cartridge kits as well.

Pricing is $550-575 depending on model and year. Please send me an email at jamie@daughertymotorsports.com if you are interested in ordering. International orders are welcome.

Features:

• All new DMr BD Series compression valving
  • All new DMr BD Series rebound valving
  • Includes springs and spacers for a direct fit
  • New damping rods and adjustable caps
  • Adds external damping adjustment on models not equipped from the factory
  • Valving setup and spring rate configured specifically for each rider and application
  • Utilizes OEM cartridge tubes, no need to pay for what you don't need
  • All valving parts are preassembled
  • Includes detailed instructions for easy installation
  • Made in the USA!

post-6344-0-58517000-1410379027.jpg

post-6344-0-35152900-1410379035.jpg

post-6344-0-40567200-1410379041.jpg

post-6344-0-03169700-1410379048.jpg

post-6344-0-62110300-1410379054.jpg

post-6344-0-90921600-1410379062.jpg

• Member Contributer

Freak'n Awesome!!! This may be a winter project for me!

Does this include the early VFR (86-87 VFR700 & 750)?

• Member Contributer

Freak'n Awesome!!! This may be a winter project for me!

Does this include the early VFR (86-87 VFR700 & 750)?

I do not have kits for the 86-87 models yet. Those will be more involved because the forks are not cartridge style originally, but the idea is the same.

Jamie, will you make a kit for the 2010-present VFR 1200?

The VFR1200 uses KYB forks and I do not have a kit for those yet. For now the 1200's are DMr install only.

• Member Contributer

Well if anyone is on the fence about doing a fork upgrade, hop off the fence this is a great option, no need to send in your forks and it appears simple enough that a cave man can install them! Nice job Jamie!

• Member Contributer

Are the forks springs a one size fits all type deal?

As part of his list...

-Valving setup and spring rate configured specifically for each rider and application

• Member Contributer

So Jamie, does mean that basically all the internal parts of the front forks are essentially replaced with new parts?? So all that is required is disassemble the bits, swap in your parts, and you are good to go?? You did such a FANTASTIC job with the rear shock that I would not hesitate to purchase your kit. Some of my mechanical skills are a little lacking but I think I could handle this job if it is essentially plug and play.

• Member Contributer

So Jamie, does mean that basically all the internal parts of the front forks are essentially replaced with new parts?? So all that is required is disassemble the bits, swap in your parts, and you are good to go?? You did such a FANTASTIC job with the rear shock that I would not hesitate to purchase your kit. Some of my mechanical skills are a little lacking but I think I could handle this job if it is essentially plug and play.

That's pretty much it. When I did my 6 Gen suspension, I sent Jamie the rear shock and had him send me the components for the front forks, shims, valves, springs, etc.. Although I had some mechanical experience, I was little apprehensive at first but if this kit was around I would have had no hesitation just placing an order. Having done the whole kit via the DIY route, it turned out to be no big deal but with this kit it really would be nothing at all, in comparison.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Saving my pennies to upgrade front and rear suspension over the winter with DMr components. I sure hope the instructions are idiot-proof...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I must be slipping to have missed this post until today. Now I know what my project over the winter will be . . . That looks too nice to hide inside a fork tube!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Ditto ^^

Love Jamie's work... looking forward to my KYB track bike upgrades in the near future

• Member Contributer

Suspension is typically my one and only mod and the VFR will be no exception. Looking forward to placing an order with Jamie some time in the future

Archived