10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

HS, Dutch, Veefer800, Gswanson, Radar & Fay all arrived at my place safely!

80 signed up, but we have lost a few to drop outs and a deer!

BR can you give my T-shirt to Gswanson?

Should any of you be interested in tires before the ride or before you go home, I have some.

180/55-17 & 120/7--17

Conti-Motion - 200.00 mounted and balanced

Pilot Power 2CT - 250.00 mounted and balanced

Pilot Power - 250.00 mounted and balanced

PR2 - 285.00 mounted and balanced

I am 30-40 minutes west of Franklin off of US64 in Murphy, NC

MikeE@RideWNC.com

I use a Coats tire changer and Snap-On computer balancer.

I have decent used tires should you need a tire to get you home.

Ca Nuke?

Shhh, more of a "Dirty Bomb" than anything else. They didn't search me at the border........ hehehe

(the above statement is purely comedy only and has no bearing on reality, in case the Dep't of Homeland Security is listening in)

• Member Contributer

Hi, still looking for someone to ride with going down to TMAC. Leaving Northern KY at 8:00 AM on Thursday morning. Basically taking backroads to the east of I-75 and east of Knoxville. Does this fit anyone's timetable / route?

• Member Contributer

I'm heading out to TMAC tomorrow morning. Should arrive mid-afternoon. The latest forecast for the area seems show the weather improving toward the weekend. High on Friday of only 66 and low of 37!

This note is to Bailey Rock. As I cannot get ahold of the deer-slayer and was going to share room,

(Left voicemail and have not had a return) I need to find out what's going on. Was going to head up Thursday at lunch as I am only 2 hours away stay thru Saturdays ride and now am not sure I have a room. If there is anyway of knowing a status it would be great. May need to find a room to share somehow. Thanks for helping a first time TMAC.

Just found post and still cant believe the power of a deer vs bike. Get well real soon Terry!

HS, Dutch, Veefer800, Gswanson, Radar & Fay all arrived at my place safely!

80 signed up, but we have lost a few to drop outs and a deer!

BR can you give my T-shirt to Gswanson?

Sure thing!

But I always mail out any tee to cancelled attendees.

• Member Contributer

Well did the Georgia run today and think my tires are near shot - litre bikes and bad riding eats tires - sent a msg to Mike at RideWNC - anybody got his #?

Stopped by Microtel and looked at the sad Timmy bike - very sad - hurry Seb and Carver he needs to take his monkey for a ride!! :bliss:

KanadianKen put ring terminals on wife's Zumo mounts so hopefully it will now stay powered up - props to Ken :fing02:

They are doing construction at the bottom of the road out of Highlands to Warwoman - bout 2-3 miles worth - have to follow a pilot car.

60 out of Suches seems to have a large number of tar snakes and they are slippery when leaned over - slid the front and rear a couple of times - no biggie just unsettling

• Member Contributer

60 out of Suches seems to have a large number of tar snakes and they are slippery when leaned over - slid the front and rear a couple of times - no biggie just unsettling

They were there last year as well.

There were so many that there was no point in slowing down, just get into a rythem going over them... :cool:

• Member Contributer

They were there last year as well.

There were so many that there was no point in slowing down, just get into a rythem going over them... :cool:

You're talking about southbound from Suches, Dutchy. The new ones are North out of Suches. They don't go all the way to Morganton.

Unfortunately, I'm missing TMac for the third year in a row. I just wanted to say to those attending, have a great time and please ride safe! :smile:

• Member Contributer

Tim,

You will be missed.

Has it been 3 years already??? Damn, time does fly as one gets... more experienced :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Well rode to Wheelers early today for tires. Left at 0730 and got there at 0830 - determined to save time by being first in line and was. However didn't get bike rolled in till near 10 out about 11 then up to the Dragon to scrub in new Pilot Power 3's (still better then the there at 9 out at 130 last year). Bit weird to get used to the pointier profile - all good though and they are scrubbed in now. Met up with all the folks at the Dragon and did a few passes. Was hot and friggin humid. Wife met me up there about 1230 (not an early riser :biggrin: ). Had lunch and did a run with Timmy chasing me down. Then headed back to motel - dry over 28 good run - then rain heading along river into Franklin. Left bikes at hotel and packing up cabin to move over there tomorrow.

Weather looks great next couple days and need to wear the new tires out :wheel:

And now....I'm really sad. :sad: Hope you guys all have a blast and everyone makes it out mostly in-tact.

Arrived safely in Franklin with the CO, OK, TN, TX wrecking crew.

Hope all who are still to arrive will have a safe journey.

Telling lies and bench racing with the group at the moment.

Great roads and great folks!!!!

• Member Contributer

Arrived safely in Franklin with the CO, OK, TN, TX wrecking crew.

Hope all who are still to arrive will have a safe journey.

Telling lies and bench racing with the group at the moment.

Great roads and great folks!!!!

Dangit! I don't think I realized you were headed down this year Rob. I have been wanting to meet you you a while now and especially thank you for the help and detailed write ups in the front end swap out that inspired and instructed me with my own! Plus you're the only other person I've seen turn his front wheel to the right when parking. :)

Was planning to be there, but family emergency has come first and I'll be missing this year's event.

Archived