10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Member Contributer

And - I can't get to bed until Pittsburgh finishes Ottawa off properly......

Well that's crappy. Ottawa wins in second period sudden death OT. NOW i can go to bed - grumpy!!!!

what kind of Kanadian are you?????? unless of course you're a closet Bruins' fan...

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Only if you have one of those first 6 generation bikes...

Boys.... do clean your chain

You're supposed to clean your chain?

Coincidentally, Kevin (kwr8727) and I are going to be in the area this weekend on the way to Mt Mitchell to pre-ride a mountain bike course for a race we are doing in July. My VFR remains abandoned in my garage. Was thinking of coming to visit for VFR crew Saturday night yet rooms seem to be booked up. Is anyone holding onto spare rooms or plan to cancel / leave early to make a room available? Let me know. Thanks.

Jason

• Member Contributer
Hey Havagan, those cigars wouldn't be from the time you spent as Fidel's neighbor would they?

You couldn't get real ones there, but there were tons of fakes from Jamaica -- complete with a certificate of authenticity!

I'm bringing some decent Nicaraguan cigars that came in a box small enough to pack: http://olivacigar.com/serie_g_oliva_cigar.aspx

My VFR remains abandoned in my garage.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

• Member Contributer

Boys.... do clean your chain or put something under prior to checking length..... c

hances are the oil residue is still there on the pavement....

:cool:

I remember this day I had to follow him and he has a set of staintunes Thank god I had ear plugs .....

I don't think he has a 'Tune. Carver and I did last year, and they aren't obnoxious loud.

• Member Contributer

Coincidentally, Kevin (kwr8727) and I are going to be in the area this weekend on the way to Mt Mitchell to pre-ride a mountain bike course for a race we are doing in July. My VFR remains abandoned in my garage. Was thinking of coming to visit for VFR crew Saturday night yet rooms seem to be booked up. Is anyone holding onto spare rooms or plan to cancel / leave early to make a room available? Let me know. Thanks.

Jason

Jason...long time no hear! I have a pull out sofa bed available if anything falls through...there may one other option but it is unsure at this point...PM me your phone number or Kevins and I will send you a text with mine.

It would be good to see you both again.

Keith

• Member Contributer

Boys.... do clean your chain or put something under prior to checking length..... c

I remember this day I had to follow him and he has a set of staintunes Thank god I had ear plugs .....

I don't think he has a 'Tune. Carver and I did last year, and they aren't obnoxious loud.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a D&D, which I had on my gixxer.......and both D's stand for deafening!

• Member Contributer

Just sent a cancellation for my room reservation at the Microtel, so if anyone was OTL on rooms, they have one ground floor unit that opened up.

Have a hoot you'se guys! I'll be thinking about you while I'm working through my peak time.

What!!!

You don't expect me to where that shirt if your not there do you? :491:

Yup. I expect to see a video clip with your unique and candid comments. Maybe after a dozen beers or bottle of vodka just to loosen those lips (like you need it).

Besides, the other producer of SumSum will be there to represent.

• Member Contributer

No, I'm pretty sure it's a D&D, which I had on my gixxer.......and both D's stand for deafening!

Both D's or double Ds? Either way they are good! :goofy:

Jason

It would be nice to see ya. I have not see you for ages!

• Member Contributer

I need some help guys..... I'm not that well up on US size charts....

Is this DD??????

best not view in office...

This is for Mr Triumph............. Gradus.....

11_calendars_nov_14.jpg

• Member Contributer

Triumph???

What Triumph?

Thanks Dutchy. I can always count on you to brighten up my day :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

I had my earplugs in and it was still too loud , couple that with all that gear noice , man you 5th gen guys are TOUGH ! ! !

• Member Contributer

I had my earplugs in and it was still too loud , couple that with all that gear noice , man you 5th gen guys are TOUGH ! ! !

LOL Gear "Noice"

Perhaps more accurate than you intended to be... I do find it to be Noice!

• Member Contributer

LOL Gear "Noice"

Perhaps more accurate than you intended to be... I do find it to be Noice!

typing to fast noise ..... noice is a rock band right almost the same

:goofy:

Jason

Jason...long time no hear! I have a pull out sofa bed available if anything falls through...there may one other option but it is unsure at this point...PM me your phone number or Kevins and I will send you a text with mine.

It would be good to see you both again.

Keith

Thanks Keith. PM'ing it over, will figure something out.

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I will be leaving the Northern KY area (9 miles across the river from Cincinnati) on Thursday morning @ 8:00 AM for TMAC. If anyone wants to join me or me up along the way, I would greatly appreciate the company. I have one possibility for a partner, but he is 50/50 at this time. Please call me on cell phone if interested. Bill 859-466-2174. Taking 80% back roads. Be careful!

• Member Contributer

Hi everyone,

I will be leaving the Northern KY area (9 miles across the river from Cincinnati) on Thursday morning @ 8:00 AM for TMAC. If anyone wants to join me or me up along the way, I would greatly appreciate the company. I have one possibility for a partner, but he is 50/50 at this time. Please call me on cell phone if interested. Bill 859-466-2174. Taking 80% back roads. Be careful!

I can't meet you, but I'd love you to bring me a pint of Dunkel from the Hofbrauhaus in Newport! Spent a few weeks working on the Omnicare buildings there and must've eaten at the Hofbrauhaus 5 out of 7 days.

0109091738c.jpg

0111091751a.jpg

0112091435b.jpg

AwesomeCondosonleft.jpg

It is going to be very hard to concentrate on work for the next 2 days. I am going to be leaving Thursday morning to head down and should be rolling into Franklin sometime around 9:30-10:00pm. I will be crossing the border at Windsor and coming down I75. Anyone else having a similar timetable? What would be the best way to come from I75 across to Franklin? Thinking of I75 to I275 to I640 to I40 to US74 to US23. Any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

Well Day 2 and beautiful weather - sunny and hot/humid. Did run up to the Dragon (and couple passes) and then over the Cherohola. Dragon was nice as no cops today and not a lot of traffic. Did see one lady drop here AV Tour bike going out the driveway at the store at the Dragon - only hurt pride. Cherohola has traffic signal at slide area but other then that all good - light traffic and we had a good run to Tellico and back.

Stopped by the Microtel few minutes (8:30pm) ago and no sign of KanadianKen or Timmy - hope they didn't have a domestic on the way down.

If you read this Ken, Virginia and I will stop by Microtel by 10am tomorrow to wake you up. Weather looks about same as today for tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed.

Saw some VFRs on 28 today being led by 7th gen Red, 4 of them I think, but no chance to meet up.

Well Day 2 and beautiful weather - sunny and hot/humid. Did run up to the Dragon (and couple passes) and then over the Cherohola. Dragon was nice as no cops today and not a lot of traffic. Did see one lady drop here AV Tour bike going out the driveway at the store at the Dragon - only hurt pride. Cherohola has traffic signal at slide area but other then that all good - light traffic and we had a good run to Tellico and back.

Stopped by the Microtel few minutes (8:30pm) ago and no sign of KanadianKen or Timmy - hope they didn't have a domestic on the way down.

If you read this Ken, Virginia and I will stop by Microtel by 10am tomorrow to wake you up. Weather looks about same as today for tomorrow so keeping fingers crossed.

Saw some VFRs on 28 today being led by 7th gen Red, 4 of them I think, but no chance to meet up.

Had a perfect drive down - and at the border I got to see the inside of the immigration office...... Luckily no plastic gloves involved! Greg - see you at the hotel tomorrow.

HS, Dutch, Veefer800, Gswanson, Radar & Fay all arrived at my place safely!

80 signed up, but we have lost a few to drop outs and a deer!

Archived