10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

Arrived safely in Franklin with the CO, OK, TN, TX wrecking crew.

Hope all who are still to arrive will have a safe journey.

Telling lies and bench racing with the group at the moment.

Great roads and great folks!!!!

Dangit! I don't think I realized you were headed down this year Rob. I have been wanting to meet you you a while now and especially thank you for the help and detailed write ups in the front end swap out that inspired and instructed me with my own! Plus you're the only other person I've seen turn his front wheel to the right when parking. :)

Was planning to be there, but family emergency has come first and I'll be missing this year's event.

I was trying to make it a surprise and keep a low profile until arrival.

Any official thread for event reports, photos, etc...?

Right here in this one. Stay tuned!!!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Saw the featured group shot and thought "hmmm . . . that bike in the middle - there can only be one of those." Looks like a great time. Man, am I jealous! :biggrin:

Saw the featured group shot and thought "hmmm . . . that bike in the middle - there can only be one of those." Looks like a great time. Man, am I jealous! :biggrin:

We were just talking about you tonight Curry, and how we need another Vfrd PNW meet. Your scouting skills on the group ride were invaluable.

Choco has to be coerced into organizing another stay at McMenamins for 2014. Too good not to do again.

:-)

• Member Contributer

We were just talking about you tonight Curry, and how we need another Vfrd PNW meet. Your scouting skills on the group ride were invaluable.

Choco has to be coerced into organizing another stay at McMenamins for 2014. Too good not to do again.

:-)

Wow, did you ever read my mind! I'm suffering from VFRD PNW meet withdrawal syndrome. We'll get a 2014 version together no matter what. Maybe to help get people juiced up for that, everybody be sure to post up lots of Tmac pics for us - and maybe have a beer for us while you're at it. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Rob - you must be getting the long distance award - what about 4,000 km (2,400 mi) each way?? The PNW must seem like it's next door in comparison. Last summer my arse was about to sue me for divorce going 'only' 4,000 total miles to Montrose and back! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Hahahaha. Timmythesmalldickedsmurf......

Rob - you must be getting the long distance award - what about 4,000 km (2,400 mi) each way?? The PNW must seem like it's next door in comparison. Last summer my arse was about to sue me for divorce going 'only' 4,000 total miles to Montrose and back! :laugh:

Sssh, don't tell the boys down at the union hall, but.....

post-554-0-58441000-1369314623.jpg

Naturally, I got held late at work today, which puts my departure from Atlanta just in time for some famous mind numbing rush hour traffic. If anybody's up for a little late dinner tonight, post a location here. I'll check the forum once I hit the US 23 and meet you there. I should be there by 8:00 PM.

Cheers!

• Member Contributer

An extra chain? I didn't understand what failed, thought it was the chain.

I'd still fire up the blender.

Have a good weekend all. :beer:

Naturally, I got held late at work today, which puts my departure from Atlanta just in time for some famous mind numbing rush hour traffic. If anybody's up for a little late dinner tonight, post a location here. I'll check the forum once I hit the US 23 and meet you there. I should be there by 8:00 PM.

Cheers!

Good to meet you at Fatz for dinner. Hope we can ride together tomorrow!

• Member Contributer

Sssh, don't tell the boys down at the union hall, but.....

That's VFR dedication!

• Member Contributer

He went "whole hog"

Ps microtel wifi sucks ballz...

Most of the island I am on now has no cell coverage at all. Fantastic!!!

Will read all your stories and see pictures once back on the mainland.

Gotta go, there's a pint of Guinness and a Bruichladdich PC4 calling at me.... "you are wasting drinking time pal....". ;-)

One request, need a volunteer.......

Can someone give Andrea and Nicole a kiss on my behalf????

Due to an extremely tragic event I will not be able to make the T-Mac ride this year, hopefully next year I'll be able to make it. I have a ticket that I can't use but if it's ok with Bailey I'd like to give it to someone who can. Ride safe

Archived