10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Member Contributer

I'll take the new one's!

HS, Dutch, and Veefer plus Steve should be pulling into my driveway Monday afternoon. :beer:

I'm excited as this will be my first Tmac! :cool:

You leaving Tuesday or Wednesday for TMAC? I'm still trying to see if I can get off to go...

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I am bringing a sync tool for starter valves and carb syncs but know as much about how to use it as I do mixing drinks in a weedwacker powered blender...

I takes teamwork!

Was hoping a few of these older pics would not surface....anyways, remember guys, two hands for safety.

In! Do I get a prize for latest last minute registration?

Yes you do - when we hit the local tavern for a pint - and you see me talking to the owner and look over at you - YOU raise your hand and nod. THen the owner will bring you your very special prize. It'll be awesome!!

Bailey what are we at for registered attendees?

• Member Contributer

For you boy scouts out there, i Just completed the OA Odeal - a day of silence, fasting and labor... A day or two more riding and I'm ready for you bastages (I hope).

• Member Contributer
Yes you do - when we hit the local tavern for a pint - and you see me talking to the owner and look over at you - YOU raise your hand and nod. THen the owner will bring you your very special prize. It'll be awesome!!
Kick his ass Sea Bass!
Yeah man, that'd be cool. I ride 64/74 just about every day that I ride. Not familiar with "Little Switzerland" though, but I'm down to check it out. Maybe we can put that dragon run together again too so you can make it this time.Also, I'm not sure if you're a dragstrip guy or not, but i used to spend lots of time at your local track down there and was a big fan of their red cross bike race, I used to enter every year. I haven't been in about 12 years, but I've been wanting to come down for that this year if thats something you'd be interested in.
Yeah, I go out to the dragstrip here in Greer on Thursday nights usually during the summer, it's run what you bring night, $7 and you can make a many passes as you want, while I usually don't run I do enjoy watching.

Hey ken...... Still havent packed. But I did install the 2013 monkey on my bike. I'll have a nap mow, as I am profoundly hung over.

• Member Contributer

I am bringing a sync tool for starter valves and carb syncs but know as much about how to use it as I do mixing drinks in a weedwacker powered blender...

AHEM...

Just how much work is it to sync the 6th gen starter valves? Is it a parking lot job?

If someone were to volunteer to teach all of us w/o a clue how to do it, I could be persuaded to volunteer my bike as a prop :wink:

75 !

Don't forget Donis, who probably won't register even tho we just got done loading the bikes into the trailer. I got on his ass about $$$ for the dinner. He said he'd pay directly to you, but I stayed on his ass so he said he'd register when he got home. But don't count on it.....

• Member Contributer

Just sent a cancellation for my room reservation at the Microtel, so if anyone was OTL on rooms, they have one ground floor unit that opened up.

Have a hoot you'se guys! I'll be thinking about you while I'm working through my peak time.

Just sent a cancellation for my room reservation at the Microtel, so if anyone was OTL on rooms, they have one ground floor unit that opened up.

Have a hoot you'se guys! I'll be thinking about you while I'm working through my peak time.

What!!!

You don't expect me to where that shirt if your not there do you? :491:

• Member Contributer

Ride to day - 28 to Dragon then back. Short ride but good ride - 28 was damp in spots from morning rain but no issues - had good chase with guy on a Bandit. Didn't leave till bit before 10. Went up to the Dragon did a pass then back at the store they said hail storm coming in about 30 minutes so beat feet back to 28 and back to cabin. Got a little wet (2 miles worth) on way back but not torrential and no hail for us. Area around Franklin was fine - very overcast but not rain - sure that will come that will come this evening.

Cleaned the bikes, oiled the chains and fixed Virginia's Zumo mount. Now just eating chips and drinking beer :cheerleader:

Saw a couple VFR's as we were riding but don't know if part of TMAC as never got chance to meet up and talk.

Ride to day - 28 to Dragon then back. Short ride but good ride - 28 was damp in spots from morning rain but no issues - had good chase with guy on a Bandit. Didn't leave till bit before 10. Went up to the Dragon did a pass then back at the store they said hail storm coming in about 30 minutes so beat feet back to 28 and back to cabin. Got a little wet (2 miles worth) on way back but not torrential and no hail for us. Area around Franklin was fine - very overcast but not rain - sure that will come that will come this evening.

Cleaned the bikes, oiled the chains and fixed Virginia's Zumo mount. Now just eating chips and drinking beer :cheerleader:

Saw a couple VFR's as we were riding but don't know if part of TMAC as never got chance to meet up and talk.

Greg - I got your message about the tools/connectors you need. Give me a call when you get done drinking chips and eating beer!!

Maybe if I get Drunk enough we can do a 100k mile Vtec Valve check in the parking lot!

ps I think we'll end up with 80 minus any last minute cancellations. :wacko:

2. What is the name of the 2-story Mexican joint on 68(?) in TN/GA(?) ??

El Rio, on the main drag.

El Rio, on the main drag.

That's right, on the state line. Copper Town & ???

Actually a block north into TN side.

Copperhill.

I think it is El Rio. At the corner of 68/60 and Grand Street in Copperhill.

I think it is El Rio. At the corner of 68/60 and Grand Street in Copperhill.

Dupe. :mellow::mad::mellow::mad:

:goofy:

The bourbon has clearly slowed my trigger finger. :wacko:

The bourbon has clearly slowed my trigger finger. :wacko:

Hahahaha......good one!! I'm just about to join you for about five fingers and a leeetle ice. Mmmmmm....

Copperhill.

Yeah, that's it. hey I got part of it right!

post-301-0-82489300-1369005997.jpg

Don't think I've ever been, but know someone who has!

post-301-0-95765700-1369006006.jpg

Archived