10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Seb is giving you your checkup with your pants on.....and it hurts.

He does have some big hands.

• Member Contributer

When I was there last year, I did get some showers in the days prior.

But during the event none...

Fingers crossed and bring your raingear...

It rained on the 13th before I headed out to TN, but I still was grinning like an idiot.... :cheerleader:

b4d04d64.jpg

"a day in the saddle wet is better than a day inside a hotel dry...."

• Member Contributer

I'm guessing this is typical TMac weather?

Yep, that forecast looks pretty good. Typical weather is temps that range from 50-80 and a 40% chance of rain. Plenty of late afternoon showers that aren't a problem.

• Member Contributer

The PP3's are mounted and balanced on the extra set of wheels, had to deflate the rear twice and move the heavy spot in order to get it balanced to my liking. Gettin excited !!!!!

7 days and 3 hours to go .....

The PP3's are mounted and balanced on the extra set of wheels, had to deflate the rear twice and move the heavy spot in order to get it balanced to my liking. Gettin excited !!!!!

I really like mine so far. We'll see how long they last.

• Member Contributer

I really like mine so far. We'll see how long they last.

How do like that nice fat slick area where the chicken strips usually are. Man it should be a great tire.

Be ready for anything and you'll be alright! :cool:

He's a friggin' strategic genius! :wink: And he does the weekend graveyard shift on the Weather Channel.........

• Member Contributer

Well, I'm growing a -grey- beard, just to be like BR!!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Should have thought of this about 3 weeks ago... A couple dozen guys on the intro video with gray beards, "Hi, I'm Baileyrock!" (Ala Timmythecop).

:goofy:

Right now, the most I could muster is patchy scuff.

• Member Contributer

If I remember correctly there was a blurb in the deleted stuff that offered a set of tires while one is at the rally. I'm considering a set of PR3 s after the long ride down. Is that offer still available? Contact information?

Leaving in less that four days. Today is fidgeting. Tomorrow is pacing. Friday is climbing the walls. Sat is peeing in my pants (and packing). Sunday is ON THE ROAD.

• Member Contributer

Glad to see someone else gets neurotic before a big trip. I used to like traveling and enjoyed the prep. Now I'm a nervous wreck before a trip. WTH is up with that???

• Member Contributer

If I remember correctly there was a blurb in the deleted stuff that offered a set of tires while one is at the rally. I'm considering a set of PR3 s after the long ride down. Is that offer still available? Contact information?

Leaving in less that four days. Today is fidgeting. Tomorrow is pacing. Friday is climbing the walls. Sat is peeing in my pants (and packing). Sunday is ON THE ROAD.

http://ridewnc.com/

• Member Contributer

Not sure what you mean by offering a set of tires (er, someone was offering FREE tires?)

If you need tires while you're there, my buddy Mike (gr8vfr on the forum) will change your tires out for minimal cost ($10 to cover the cost of the new valve stem, tire weights, and tire disposal fee) and you can ship your tires to his place so they're waiting for you. He's about 60 miles from Franklin in Murphy and has a computerized balancer, etc.

I can PM you the link if you want.

Paul

Yep, that's Mike.

I think it was this guy...

http://ridewnc.com/

Should have thought of this about 3 weeks ago... A couple dozen guys on the intro video with gray beards, "Hi, I'm Baileyrock!" (Ala Timmythecop).

:goofy:

Right now, the most I could muster is patchy scuff.

That nasty old beard is gone! :sleep:

Archived