10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Member Contributer

wow...a new TXMAC thread...I wonder why I never saw this before?

j/k Kevin...glad it was you and not me that purged Clint Eastwood Style

the Good, the Bad and the Ugly are gone. see you guys and gals on the 21st.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

67 folks signed up BTW!!!

BR, is this more than we've had signed up in other years with 2 weeks left to go?

A, think we have in the low 70's last year at this point!

• Member Contributer

As usual, I'll be rolling in Friday morning about 9 looking for a group to ride with....

Trace, the usual group staying till Monday?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

As usual, I'll be rolling in Friday morning about 9 looking for a group to ride with.... Trace, the usual group staying till Monday? Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Nawwww, Matt. We're coming up on Wednesday, leaving Sunday. This is to get some riding in without the weekend nimrods in their Honda Civics and Nissan whatevers like last year's clusterfook. As good as riding on Sunday sounded, it was painful as I'm sure you'll recall.

But I AM planning to come back in July for a week or two. I might even ride the VFR up!

And then the Ponte Vedra Beach Crew heads to Portland Oregon in September for 7 days on rented RTs, like we did for 8 days in Utah last October. Gotta love that sort of thing.....fly in, ride, fly out. And no chains to lube!!

I will be riding out Monday morning. May be heading to visit a childhood friend in Rutherfordton NC on Sunday and then back to Franklin on Sunday afternoon.

I'll be leading a small group of Canadians, HS and a few others on a 400+ mile loop over Wednesday. We'll be tired and thirsty! :beer:

BR

• Member Contributer

My 2012 pictorial got smashed in the last VFRD meltdown, so let me use an old picture to remind me of the good old times and wish you a sizzling 2013 event!

506efdc2.jpg

I'll be leading a small group of Canadians, HS and a few others on a 400+ mile loop over Wednesday. We'll be tired and thirsty! :beer:

BR

I'll make sure to have a special reserve on ice and waiting for you. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

As usual, I'll be rolling in Friday morning about 9 looking for a group to ride with.... Trace, the usual group staying till Monday? Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Nawwww, Matt. We're coming up on Wednesday, leaving Sunday. This is to get some riding in without the weekend nimrods in their Honda Civics and Nissan whatevers like last year's clusterfook. As good as riding on Sunday sounded, it was painful as I'm sure you'll recall.

But I AM planning to come back in July for a week or two. I might even ride the VFR up!

And then the Ponte Vedra Beach Crew heads to Portland Oregon in September for 7 days on rented RTs, like we did for 8 days in Utah last October. Gotta love that sort of thing.....fly in, ride, fly out. And no chains to lube!!

Well.......I remember the trouble with the Audi's, but also some of the best riding I've been able to do in a long time. I'll be coming in on Thurs morning now.

I have always wanted to go do a fly in, ride, fly out for off roading in Arizona or Nevada. Open land and a GS1250 and I'm a happy man.

So, it seems if I choose to arrive Tuesday afternoon/evening there will be a few others available to sit around the warmth of the Sterno fire and imbibe. :beer:

Well.......I remember the trouble with the Audi's, but also some of the best riding I've been able to do in a long time. I'll be coming in on Thurs morning now.

I have always wanted to go do a fly in, ride, fly out for off roading in Arizona or Nevada. Open land and a GS1250 and I'm a happy man.

This time of year we have to expect the Kar Klubs to invade the area, but that huge mess last year in the Russell Scenic area was a real mess. Must have been 800 of 'em. :mad:

Yeah, this deal of fly in and renting an RT or GS is great. Actually, I had a Triumph Tiger 800 for our Utah trip, and it was a sweet bike. Norm had an F800 and Donis and Steve had RTs. All came with big hardbags, all had new tires waiting for us. Fantastic trip, simply amazing scenery all thru 2000 miles of central and southern Utah. We're still talking about that trip, so we're hoping our Oregon/Washington trip will be similarly outstanding.

TheUtahTeam-Moab.jpg

TracyAtBryce.jpg

Tracy-KingOfEarth-NaturalBridges.jpg

TracyInTheDesert-Moab.jpg

• Member Contributer

In case anyone missed trace just gave a free lesson on how to live.

Well done

Kimball

• Member Contributer

Utah is easily my favorite place to visit and ride. Moab to Zion is fabulous. Northeast Utah from Flaming Gorge to Moab is equally fabulous.

This has got to be on a calendar!

Yaknow...funny you should say that. Cuz we kept saying on this trip that it was like "riding into a calendar picture" as we came around every bend in the road. Some places seemed otherworldly, every place was beautiful. And it went on like this for 2000 miles. Moab. Wasatch mountains. Zion. Canyonlands. Bryce Canyon. Cedar City. Grand Staircase. Capitol Reef. Wow.....

ZionParkOne.jpg

TracyLandslideThree.jpg

BurrCanyonOne.jpg

FallColor.jpg

AnArchAtNowhere-Colorado.jpg

GiantHangingRock-Arches.jpg

Tracy-KingOfEarth-NaturalBridges.jpg

This has got to be on a calendar!

I'll be damned, he really is King of the World!

Ahhhhhh.....it's King Of Earth, please. Get it right or "off with your head!"

And you'll get a kick to know that Tall Steve actually said "Hey, stand there and do your "King of Earth" pose and I'll snap it. If you right-click the picture, you can see its title.....Tracy-KingOfEarth. Too funny!! :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Ahhhhhh.....it's King Of Earth, please. Get it right or "off with your head!"

And you'll get a kick to know that Tall Steve actually said "Hey, stand there and do your "King of Earth" pose and I'll snap it. If you right-click the picture, you can see its title.....Tracy-KingOfEarth. Too funny!! :tongue:

That is great! All Audi's, off with their heads!! Notice the King of the Earth ride icon in my sig?

Oh my, some retired old phucker has corrupted the Tmac thread!!!!

Where are my buttons to push???? :computer-noworky:

When I said retired old phucker I meant "King of the Earth" of course! :wink:

• Member Contributer

Wife and I will be arriving late Friday 17th. Staying at a house just out of Franklin till Thurs morning when move to the motel. Anybody arriving really early we have a couple of rooms to spare/share if needed.

• Member Contributer

I get there the 22nd and will probably solo ride the 23rd to get reacquainted with the mountains. I may go up a day or two early if the weather is nice and the work schedule allows.

Scenic ride on the 24th (sweeping!)

Relaxed ride on the 25th

Archived