10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Went on a 4 bike shakedown run today...some work remains. We will ride again tomorrow to see if we fixed anything today...heading to Chicago Friday.

Sampled some good German beer in Sylva, planning a relaxed/scenic route that takes in a tour of the brewery and a local restaurant for anyone interested. I will not be on that ride but will have it planned complete with maximum photo opps at strategicly placed waterfalls...

Will trust MiniCarver to have my tires mounted on Friday while I am on my way to the NRA show in Chicago...see early arrivers Tuesday evening with a handsome bike and a not quite finished Frankenviffer...I would love to post up a spoiler pic but MiniCarver may not have new ruber mounted for me when I return...

• Member Contributer

Well, I'm growing a -grey- beard, just to be like BR!!!! :goofy:

Should have thought of this about 3 weeks ago... A couple dozen guys on the intro video with gray beards, "Hi, I'm Baileyrock!" (Ala Timmythecop). :goofy:

Right now, the most I could muster is patchy scuff.

That nasty old beard is gone! :sleep:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-8974-0-65586600-1368686193.jpg

• Member Contributer

Went on a 4 bike shakedown run today...some work remains. We will ride again tomorrow to see if we fixed anything today...heading to Chicago Friday.

Sampled some good German beer in Sylva, planning a relaxed/scenic route that takes in a tour of the brewery and a local restaurant for anyone interested. I will not be on that ride but will have it planned complete with maximum photo opps at strategicly placed waterfalls...

Will trust MiniCarver to have my tires mounted on Friday while I am on my way to the NRA show in Chicago...see early arrivers Tuesday evening with a handsome bike and a not quite finished Frankenviffer...I would love to post up a spoiler pic but MiniCarver may not have new ruber mounted for me when I return...

Keb and I went on a shakedown run at the Gap Sunday. It was fun. For some reason I've still got the physical inability to actually stick my knee out..........

prpv_zpsbdc799ea.jpg

• Member Contributer

More than ever, I need a damn vacation.

A lot work for nothing, I'll buy you a frosty beverage at TMac..............

• Member Contributer

Keb and I went on a shakedown run at the Gap Sunday. It was fun. For some reason I've still got the physical inability to actually stick my knee out..........

prpv_zpsbdc799ea.jpg

Don't worry too much about that. On the street, it's just for posers! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

prpv_zpsbdc799ea.jpg

I just need a set of Storm Trooper leathers now! :goofy:

163332_4077047453330_1106320754_n.jpg

Maybe if had those leathers fitted for riding instead of calendar posing you could move your leg enough to actually affect the bikes COG... :tongue: of course then it would be 15 minutes before you realized we weren't behind you instead of 5 (How is Ellijay Road this year? and don't bother asking MiniCarver's opinion he stated last night that it still S*cks the Donkey).

• Member Contributer

Maybe if had those leathers fitted for riding instead of calendar posing you could move your leg enough to actually affect the bikes COG... :tongue: of course then it would be 15 minutes before you realized we weren't behind you instead of 5 (How is Ellijay Road this year? and don't bother asking MiniCarver's opinion he stated last night that it still S*cks the Donkey).

:laughing6-hehe: Quite possibly the best post I've seen yet!!!

I think you're just jealous because we said no Ninja's allowed in our photoshoot!

Ellijay Road is doing quite nice, and I spent some time with her on Sunday. Charley's Creek Rd said to tell Mini-Carver HI :wub:!!!!

prpv_zpsbdc799ea.jpg

Exactly, you'll know you're over far enough once you're dragging pegs.

• Member Contributer

I have already draged the fillers and foot pegs off I'm now workin on the boots and toe's are next !!!!!

I have a really hard time keeping my toes off the asphalt on my ST1300 which surprises me because I have a size 8 foot! Just lazy foot placement I guess...

The only place I've dragged the pegs on the VFR is at the track and a couple of switchbacks over in Arkansas...

• Member Contributer

LOL, I don't ride fast enough for that.

Dont believe that a for a second, asking him about BRP last year.

• Member Contributer

prpv_zpsbdc799ea.jpg

Matt was his typical smooth self this past weekend. The perfect street riding style/technique. And about twice as fast as the group of knee draggers I rode with last month at the Gap. It was a good time on the Versys watching someone else man-handle the big boned VFR through the turns.

KEB

• Member Contributer

Said the man with the 6' tall VFR who had to repaint the plastics he decked. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Dont believe that a for a second, asking him about BRP last year.

I don't recall the situation in question....Never done anything illegal in my life......

that I'll admit to. :pinocchio:

Matt was his typical smooth self this past weekend. The perfect street riding style/technique. And about twice as fast as the group of knee draggers I rode with last month at the Gap. It was a good time on the Versys watching someone else man-handle the big boned VFR through the turns.

KEB

Boy, I really owe you a beer after all that BS! LOL

Seriously, I had a great time too!

• Member Contributer

nothing wrong with a low blow............... :cool:

Son, you ain't right in tha head

• Member Contributer

Said the man with the 6' tall VFR who had to repaint the plastics he decked. :goofy:

I'm blaming all that on Scary Gary!!! I claim that he made me ride that way, completely against my will......

• Member Contributer

I'm blaming all that on Scary Gary!!! I claim that he made me ride that way, completely against my will......

Yeah, I'm sure it was all him....Speaking of the devil SG is rehabbing after back surgery a month ago riding around Blairsville on a KLX 250 he bought. I think he already punched out the Kawi to 300cc but if we act fast we can get him to ride at TMAC with us before the thing has a supercharged 4 cylinder in it. Might be fun to watch him melt the tires off that KLX.

KEB

• Member Contributer

All packed up and ready to roll. Leaving at 0530 tomorrow and should be there about 1900. Hoping the weather gods wake up.

• Member Contributer

I will be flying over you headed in the wrong direction tomorrow Greg...have fun this weekend!

Archived