10Th Annual Texasmac Official Thread 2013, May 22 - 27

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-4707-0-54880700-1368805537_zpsb7f67

Yeah, I suck at doctoring photos, but I couldn't resist.

LOL!! That is SO frikin' funny! King of Earth and Corvettes!

no, now you just suck Trace..stripper pole AND a vette.. geesh. Show-off.

I don't know anything about a stripper pole in my garage....that's complete bulllllsheet!

post-4707-0-59792100-1368822274.jpg

Non riding in attendees, please bring your EZ-ups just in case we need some cover!

Should I bring the portable stripper pole? :goofy:

post-4707-0-54880700-1368805537_zpsb7f67

Yeah, I suck at doctoring photos, but I couldn't resist.

I'll bet you my Miata faster :goofy:

I don't know, C6Z is a 10 second car on slicks, and will crack 190 out of the box, whats in your Miata 302?

Well it's not stock for sure running 15psi boost,dual fuel rails apex boost management tech ecu 270 RWHP @ 2100 lbs. of weight.

Size does matter but top end the vette would eat my lunch.

• Member Contributer

Veefer800canuke should be arriving at my door any minute now! Then tommorow we RIDE! See you all soon.

Yeah be careful and watch out for the rednecks .....

Sounds like your car is quite righteous at that power/weight ratio. Interesting bit of mods, there!

But the bottom end power on my Chevrolet ain't bad, either. It simply annihilates the tires at any RPM in first or second, and spins them plenty in a hard shift to third. But last November when it had about 1000 miles on it, BaileyRock was with me when we cleared 140 pretty quickly...and then hammered the brakes and let the ABS do its thing, launching ol' BR into the seatbelt with his arms dangling out in front of him! :tongue:

Here's the dang tire:

post-4707-0-82976100-1368825677.jpg

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

• Member Contributer

Veefer800canuke should be arriving at my door any minute now! Then tommorow we RIDE! See you all soon.

Watch out for the scattered t-sorms forecast for tomorrow in western Ok.

Sounds like your car is quite righteous at that power/weight ratio. Interesting bit of mods, there!

But the bottom end power on my Chevrolet ain't bad, either. It simply annihilates the tires at any RPM in first or second, and spins them plenty in a hard shift to third. But last November when it had about 1000 miles on it, BaileyRock was with me when we cleared 140 pretty quickly...and then hammered the brakes and let the ABS do its thing, launching ol' BR into the seatbelt with his arms dangling out in front of him! :tongue:

Here's the dang tire:

attachicon.gifP9160020.JPG

:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic::offtopic:

Vette's are the bomb for sure

Vette's are the bomb for sure

Well, there are other bombs out there, but I think we agree that the Chevy's "bang for the buck" is hard to beat. :wub:

After years of building NHRA gasser and pro-stock style engines, I don't do NUTTIN' to my Vettes except change the dang oil. I know all about the heads and cams and headers and etc available that make more power, but why mess with a perfectly engineered, bulletproof powerplant? One that gets 26 mpg on the highway, no less! :bliss:

In fact, I have a little joke that most people don't get: When they ask about any mods I've done, I tell them "Nope, can't do that. I've welded the hood shut with a fiberglass welding rod.....". :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Here and unloaded. Good drive down - just under 13hrs but man there are some dumbass cagers out there!!! :pissed:

• Member Contributer

HS's hands are shaking in Wild Anticipation of departure.

I will have to do a Microtel parking lot chain and sprockets job, but other than that, I am completely un-prepared. I did buy a new stuffed monkey though.

• Member Contributer

It would be great if you parking lot mechanics would announce your project so us novices could see how it's done (or not done). There may be a need to establish non-harassment of the demonstrator rule to prevent distractions.

How about it peeps. Willing to show us how?

• Member Contributer

As VFRd Event Rookie, I'm not sure if this is already in the works...

Have a map of US and Canada with tacks (displayed in a common area) where everyone puts a tack where they are from.

I like maps and think it would be interesting to see where everyone is from. I'll be arriving late Monday and would have time to help assuming Franklin has some kind of store that would have a map and tacks or pins.

Between this and my previous idea of documenting everyone's VFR year, I guess I'm somewhat volunteering for the official event statistician. No, I'm not bringing a laptop. :-)

• Member Contributer

As VFRd Event Rookie, I'm not sure if this is already in the works...

Have a map of US and Canada with tacks (displayed in a common area) where everyone puts a tack where they are from.

I like maps and think it would be interesting to see where everyone is from. I'll be arriving late Monday and would have time to help assuming Franklin has some kind of store that would have a map and tacks or pins.

Between this and my previous idea of documenting everyone's VFR year, I guess I'm somewhat volunteering for the official event statistician. No, I'm not bringing a laptop. :-)

Yeah man great idea, but's let leave the foreigners out ......

Just Kiddin !!!!

:goofy:

Gotcha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived