Tell Us Your Favorite Modifications.

johnmark101

Question

• Member Contributer

Cost aside, what is the one mod you have done to your VFR that you like the best.

Which one give the most "bang for the buck.

My number one mod is the suspension upgrades, but they were also the most expensive.

Bang for the buck is probably is the 45 tooth rear sprocket, although the Sargent seat runs a close second.

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite mod is also the suspension work - springs in front and matching Ohlins shock out back.

Best bang for the buck has to be the NEP throttle lock - $15, 5min to install, no fiddling needed, it just works - and works well.

• Member Contributer

Apart from the $35 for a dark tinted shield for my Arai (by far the most bang for my bucks to reduce fatigue), the PCIII because it make the ride a lot smoother especially around town. Or Crampbuster, $10.

Here's another interesting one, and I know a lot will disagree with me, but I put back the stock exhaust after I sold the 2Bros Stash exhaust (just too darn loud for me, I like a quiet bike). Since I GOT money for this mod, it is the best mod. :wub:

PPM

• Member Contributer

Most valuable: suspension, especially ride height adjustable shock.

Best $/value: $0.35 330 ohm resistors to eliminate the O2 sensors and their ridiculous 4-5KRPM surging.

• Member Contributer

Warmnsafe Heat-troller and Gerbing jacket and gloves. Extends my riding year round.

:gallery_2925_490_133886.jpg

Warmnsafe Controllers Left Meter Panel Installation

The most bang for the buck? A $10 bungee net that attaches to the oem luggage racks. :cool

• Member Contributer
My favorite mod is also the suspension work - springs in front and matching Ohlins shock out back.

Best bang for the buck has to be the NEP throttle lock - $15, 5min to install, no fiddling needed, it just works - and works well.

:wub: on both.

Currently running a Dan Kyle massaged RC51 front end and a Wilbers rear shock on the RCBVFR. On my first cross country trip and subsequent review to a mail list (remember those?), I rated the NEP over the then new sargent seat I also installed for the trip. Years later after buying a Bandit 1200S in Florida and riding it home, I paid out the nose for another one at a bike shop about half the way back! Number one mod for interstate/straight road drones. Don't leave home without it. smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Yeah, bang for the buck, is definatly got to be a sprocket change, (although, I reverted, when gas shot up).

Heated grips followed by Sargent seat.

+1.gif Heated grips (It's winter here in Oz)

I can't afford anything else until I finish University :wub:

One less tooth on the front sprocket rocks. +1.gif

66,000 mile on my stock suspension. I guess that's the next thing if I ever go there. :wub:

Probably when I put a 160 on the rear and shimmed the rear shock - suddenly it felt like my gf's Triumph TT600 in corners! and a very cost effective mod, it needed tyres anyway so the improvement was virtually free and the shims were also gratis from my local car tyre fitter...

Otherwise, probably the K&N filter that went on with a good carb fettle to match the existing Staintune, transformed the bike into a screamer.

• Member Contributer

$14 for my Throttle Rocker is probably the Bang for the Buck winner here (I am annoyed to see so many having good luck with throttle locks where my Vista Cruise installation was nothing but an annoyance which never worked properly even with constant fiddling, yadda yadda) although my BLS peg lowering blocks are probably the most enjoyable change. Sargent seat is somewhere else too.

Every mod I've done to the bike has been for riding comfort save for the top case.

• Member Contributer

I got a sweet sounding Staintune Highmount for my '99 that has been my favorite!

Best bang for the buck by far was a combo of the Quick Release pins for the rear cowl coupled with cutting the passenger section off a stock seat to make a useable trunk under the cowl.

Bang for the buck, hard wiring the garage door opener into the right turn signal. Cost.................0$ and I use it everytime I ride.

Bang for the Butt.............Corbin

• Member Contributer

Definately my Sargent seat.I've just ordered another one for my new ST1300.The stock seat on my ST1300 is almost as bad as the one that came on my VFR.

I'd have to say most useful is my Throttlemeister. It took me a while to decide to buy it, but I finally did and don't regret it. Nice to give the right wrist a break...and I've found that I can tighten the TM just a bit when I'm on the slab so that I don't have to fight the throttle return spring. Helps reduce fatigue over the long haul when touring.

Best bang for the buck would have to be my stem-mounted RAM system. I've got a cradle for the GPS, iPhone, and digital camera. It's great to be able to swap that stuff out.

I'd have to say most useful is my Throttlemeister. It took me a while to decide to buy it, but I finally did and don't regret it. Nice to give the right wrist a break...and I've found that I can tighten the TM just a bit when I'm on the slab so that I don't have to fight the throttle return spring. Helps reduce fatigue over the long haul when touring.

Best bang for the buck would have to be my stem-mounted RAM system. I've got a cradle for the GPS, iPhone, and digital camera. It's great to be able to swap that stuff out.

Best mod: semi-gut of the exhaust. Love that new tone. Not too loud and not too soft. Just right.

2nd best mod: -1 on the front sproket. It really changes the character of the bike.

• Member Contributer
Cost aside, what is the one mod you have done to your VFR that you like the best.

Which one give the most "bang for the buck.

My number one mod is the suspension upgrades, but they were also the most expensive.

Bang for the buck is probably is the 45 tooth rear sprocket, although the Sargent seat runs a close second.

Best bang for the buck? Has to be the 10 dollar throttle rocker. ZG DB windscreen a close second.

Favorite mod? Brake upgrade/delink(RC51 gear) with the Suspension upgrade(Traxxion/Penske). (They go together) (Brakes like a normal motorcycle)

It made the bike feel like a totally different and new motorcycle

MD

Well, if it's "Best bang for the buck", which I mean to be something I paid for, it will be the Symtec grip heaters I installed that I further enhanced by mounting a Low-On-Off switch on my right handlebar switch pod for it.

gallery_285_20_390561.jpg

Switch.jpg Here's my OEM Style Grip heater switch install I did to my 4th gen<br /><br />

I remember it cost me less than 20 bucks for the grip heater kit during a Bay Area International bike show, a couple of years ago. How cheap can it ever be, and the comfort it gives during chilly day rides is worth a million bucks!

Second place best is the tail light pod deletion from my bikes tail with the addition of a window at the bottom of my tailight bezel to provide license tag illumination.

gallery_285_20_8881.jpg

MVC-009FA.jpg

I paid TAP plastics like 2 bucks for the prismatic plastic panel as a remnant from what I think was for suspended light fixture boxes. The addtional 3 dollars for a tube of clear silicone sealant to glue it in plus the little bit ofwear and tear on my dremel to cut the opning on the tailight bezel, makes it a super bargain mod!

Beck

95 VFR

Archived