The power pundants would never focus on actual production attributes, rather they divert to pipe sizing "bigger is better" which is not necessarily always true, especially when you are looking to only improve upon certain aspects

Who said bigger is better, it's about flow and you can have different diameters per downpipe to get the correct flow volumns sometimes.

If you ever come to the UK you're more than welcome to have a look at this "power pundants" workshop

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this thread crazy or what,  I like playing with fire, so be it.. Drum roll with french horns. When's the Dyno pull scheduled?  who's is doing it? 

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, RVFR said:

Is this thread crazy or what,  I like playing with fire, so be it.. Drum roll with french horns. When's the Dyno pull scheduled?  who's is doing it? 

DynoJet shop in Perry, Georgia USA, once I'm done installing parts, it will get the window cover,new clutch plates and and oil change then ready for custom fuel mapping, it's liking like 115 whp when it's all said and done, then all the pundits will claim the Dyno results were favorably weight to obtain numbers.

23 minutes ago, RVFR said:

• Member Contributer

He's the type of guy to never do the dyno so it doesn't break his illusion.

Either way I'll never know as I've added the guy to my ignore list. Will make browsing this site easier on my eyes I think.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, thtanner said:

He's the type of guy to never do the dyno so it doesn't break his illusion.

Either way I'll never know as I've added the guy to my ignore list. Will make browsing this site easier on my eyes I think.

Again as usual nothing could be further away from the truth, this entire build was "reversed planned" and the first call was to see where the nearest DynoJet shop was located.Then each aspect of the build was carefully orchestrated based on availability, costs and performance 

• Member Contributer
On 11/11/2016 at 9:22 AM, CandyRedRC46 said:

You will need a lot of road, a very serious tuck and a very healthy VFR to hit an actual 155.

149 on GPS, and everyone else was long gone! Stock filter, stock '99 headers, and Staintune. So, likely a better flowing setup:rolleyes:

149 on GPS, and everyone else was long gone! Stock filter, stock '99 headers, and Staintune. So, likely a better flowing setup:rolleyes:

Very true.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've had two stock Hondas that could lift the front wheel on a good day and indicate 150. One showed 84 on the dyno and had the brick-like aerodynamics of a naked bike, with me catching plenty of air and hanging on for dear life, and the other is my '14 VFR that put about 100 on the same dyno. Neither can do 150, I think.

• Member Contributer

I feel like we just experienced a Black Widow Infomercial! Now how much would you pay? But wait! there's more...

41 minutes ago, KevCarver said:

I feel like we're headed towards "cutting holes in the frame for ram air intakes into the airbox" territory. 

now we're talking, shervin.

if you remove coils, add COP, you could cut straight through the frame and funnel it into the airbox from the old coil pack mounts!

52 minutes ago, KevCarver said:

I feel like we're headed towards "cutting holes in the frame for ram air intakes into the airbox" territory. 

You telling me that you haven't?  day one mod bro, you need to step up your game!

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, keef said:

now we're talking, shervin.

if you remove coils, add COP, you could cut straight through the frame and funnel it into the airbox from the old coil pack mounts!

48 minutes ago, Aimbot9000 said:

You telling me that you haven't?  day one mod bro, you need to step up your game!

I've ridden a ToroCharged '08! I'm happy with my 98hp 1999!

I can virtually guarantee the OP has never seen a true 150mph. The only thing crazier than that speed is seeing people leave you behind like you're coasting...  

I've ridden a ToroCharged '08! I'm happy with my 98hp 1999!
I can virtually guarantee the OP has never seen a true 150mph. The only thing crazier than that speed is seeing people leave you behind like you're coasting...  

Every time I ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 10/25/2016 at 11:12 PM, 2k1GoneWild said:

My theory is the snorkel is necessary, the flapper is not, so by adding a second snorkel it will add power without compromising the underlying purpose of the airbox design.

The flapper is necessary to tune the airbox so the engine doesn't hit
any sour notes through the RPM range... Honda engineered it like a
finely tuned instrument to optimize intake efficiency and I don't
advise any owner to remove the flapper...

Mr.RC45 Flapper is still installed and working to tune the airbox so
the engine doesn't hit any sour notes after I tested the theory myself...

RC45ThrottleBodies46mm.jpg

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, BusyLittleShop said:

The flapper is necessary to tune the airbox so the engine doesn't hit
any sour notes through the RPM range... Honda engineered it like a
finely tuned instrument to optimize intake efficiency and I don't
advise any owner to remove the flapper...

Mr.RC45 Flapper is still installed and working to tune the airbox so
the engine doesn't hit any sour notes after I tested the theory myself...

RC45ThrottleBodies46mm.jpg

Great reply and accompanying info and comment.However as to the "true purpose and intent" of the flapper, there must be both speculation and guess work that would need to be properly validated with "limited means". The question which you raise is if the flapper is totally necessary to realize "ultimate power and performance" or was it added and developed to comply with emission standards and restrictions. Just like an archeologist I submit we divide the airbox into two parts in time, and the first part addres the snorkel itself and through close observation I submit the snorkel is properly and "perfectly" sized to accommodate the left sector of the airbox 2 inlet ports and allow the proper amount of air pressure for the engine to optimize combustions. If this is true, then by eliminating the flapper and converting it to a second flapper, the airbox inlets are 100% optimized. If the flapper was in fact necessary, as you have interjected, then it would become evident with the second snorkel mod, especially with the non-cat "free-flowing" performance header and the high-level Staintune with the restricter baffle removed and I can tell you from first hand operation, this just "ain't" happening. If my theory proves correct,it will be validated in the first preliminary Dyno testing results. Assumption: The flapper is not for ultimate power, the flapper is there to reduce and regulate airflow to meet emmision standards and restrictions.

(Truth in VFR Tuning : Airbox Mod--> Vote Y or N)

• Member Contributer

I am going to call Chris with Power Commander in Las Vegas (with who I imiatially consulted with regarding this particular VFR build) I am actually ready for DynoJet testing and development now (and won't wait for the stator and rectifier upgrade because that in itself would most likely have a very low effect on the power testing and fuel mapping ) but my concern is if this local shop is going through be able to provide the level of services  required or should I go to the trouble of taking it to the DynoJet Shop in Atlanta where they may have better technical resources and expertise, because this is just not merely another DynoJet session, we are really relying upon the results to determine quite a bit here, but maybe it's a no-brainer and any DynoJet can get the job done ?  I can tell you this from doing the various installs the past few weeks this particular VFR runs like the " bad out of hell"  so that being said the bigger question is if any DynoJet is capable of quantifying just how much of an increase of bad out of hell is attributed to this particular mod ?

8 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

I am going to call Chris with Power Commander in Las Vegas (with who I imiatially consulted with regarding this particular VFR build) I am actually ready for DynoJet testing and development now (and won't wait for the stator and rectifier upgrade because that in itself would most likely have a very low effect on the power testing and fuel mapping ) but my concern is if this local shop is going through be able to provide the level of services  required or should I go to the trouble of taking it to the DynoJet Shop in Atlanta where they may have better technical resources and expertise, because this is just not merely another DynoJet session, we are really relying upon the results to determine quite a bit here, but maybe it's a no-brainer and any DynoJet can get the job done ? 

It is just an ebay header, slip-on and fuel tuning; no brainer, not a build, just another dynojet session.

1 hour ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Great reply and accompanying info and comment.However as to the "true purpose and intent" of the flapper, there must be both speculation and guess work that would need to be properly validated with "limited means". The question which you raise is if the flapper is totally necessary to realize "ultimate power and performance" or was it added and developed to comply with emission standards and restrictions. Just like an archeologist I submit we divide the airbox into two parts in time, and the first part addres the snorkel itself and through close observation I submit the snorkel is properly and "perfectly" sized to accommodate the left sector of the airbox 2 inlet ports and allow the proper amount of air pressure for the engine to optimize combustions. If this is true, then by eliminating the flapper and converting it to a second flapper, the airbox inlets are 100% optimized. If the flapper was in fact necessary, as you have interjected, then it would become evident with the second snorkel mod, especially with the non-cat "free-flowing" performance header and the high-level Staintune with the restricter baffle removed and I can tell you from first hand operation, this just "ain't" happening. If my theory proves correct,it will be validated in the first preliminary Dyno testing results. Assumption: The flapper is not for ultimate power, the flapper is there to reduce and regulate airflow to meet emmision standards and restrictions.

(Truth in VFR Tuning : Airbox Mod--> Vote Y or N)

If you replace air pressure with air velocity and restrictions with noise regulations, it would almost sound like you know what you're talking about.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

If you replace air pressure with air velocity and restrictions with noise regulations, it would almost sound like you know what you're talking about.

True but the air Velocity vakue is a direct aggregate of Air Pressure value which is determined by the optimal negative pressure or vacuum to balance the AFR without excessive restrictions anf EGT present when flapper mechanism is in place, so all that goes away when you convert the flapper into a second snorkel. 

4 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

True but the air Velocity vakue is a direct aggregate of Air Pressure value which is determined by the optimal negative pressure or vacuum to balance the AFR without excessive restrictions anf EGT present when flapper mechanism is in place, so all that goes away when you convert the flapper into a second snorkel. 

no. everything you said is extremely backwards.

• Member Contributer
4 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

no. everything you said is extremely backwards.

That's possible but the balancing of the determining  variables are accurate and if you ask me the flapper has to go.

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

It is just an ebay header, slip-on and fuel tuning; no brainer, not a build, just another dynojet session.

Back Widow Performance Downpipes + Euro ECU "Germany" + Second Snorkel (no flapper) + K & N + PC lll Custom Fuel Map + Staintune High Level (no baffle) 

Archived