Don't be to hard on em Candy,   one doesn't know what he doesn't know.  Sad part of it is, we at first tried our best to not let him be  too disappointed,  I mean come on now, it's been proven not just in one case,  but many.   Case in point is the headers,  really, how much more prove does one need to know it's not all what they claim it is.       smh,  notice 2k1 didn't answer my question.    SOW?  LOL    ya think? ;)  Still in reality if he's for real,  which is starting to be very questionable,  110hp isn't out of reach (IF).   Next is how it all comes about.  but as documented over and over 106-109hp on a well set up engine is the norm, there's no magic fairy dust that I'm aware of. 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I hear that if you really believe in something hard enough it will be true...So with that, I believe that Honda will finally give us that ever elusive new V4 Superbike!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I hear that if you really believe in something hard enough it will be true...So with that, I believe that Honda will finally give us that ever elusive new V4 Superbike!

Yes and a Factory Honda VFR Superbike  would pretty much have exactly the same build as this thread ?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, thtanner said:

^ troll thread

Whenever and anybody makes better sense and comes up you the right receiptee the only thing the pundants can do is cry "troll thread" and in the end when the Dyno results prove the build to be genuine,then what will you be saying then? Thus is so far from being a troll thread but I get it, nobody is ever allowed to bring forth any innovation, original ideas or initiatives or the pundants me must pop-in and voice their concerns.It must be an attempt for all the times they get blown off the road by the guys that get out the spend the money and get the wrenches and know how to bring out the power and get the bike to riun faster, a bit at a time,don't worry. "I get it" .....?

• Member Contributer

I read all of 2k1GoneWild's posts in my bestest Trump voice, and the whole thing started making a lot more sense.

• Member Contributer
57 minutes ago, stryker said:

I think you'll be hitting 130+rwhp if tuned correctly, just have to unleash that factory power.....

Nope it's not going to get 130 whp unless I pulled it apart and balanced and blueprinted the engine including shot preening and magma fluxing to get more RPM, it would not be worth all that effort, them everything would have to be ported and polished on a bench, sure I could do it and have done it before on my Kredlier when I was learning, but if I really really wanted more and more speed I would buy an H2 or an H2R, but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about going in spending $5k and getting the most bang for the buck, it will get over 110 whp, maybe 115 who, possibly, we will all see, trust me it's going to happen just to set the record straight,once and for all there's no magic here, just the right recipe. The DMr shock was installed yesterdat, new fork spring kit are next, nice Corbin seat should be here shortly. Next month from Germany the window  engine case,upgraded stator and rectifier, a few other frills like extended Morris and some LED lights, Nee Barnett clutch goes in too, it's going to be all sorted out and nice and tidy for the spring .... 

10 hours ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Don't forget I have a full performance exhaust, she feels like 110 whp now climbs good and steady up to 150 mph, then been greeting close to 160 mph but conditions have not been unite totally ideal :)

I have about as much of a performance exhaust as you do. ceramic coated delkevic headers, custom  mid pipe and an akra can.

also a modded airbox like a lot of vfrs.

also the pc3, like a lot of vfrs.

but unlike a lot of vfrs, mine has been on a massive diet.

Mohawks is also lightweight, and has real performance mods, not just bolt ons.

The massive diet makes my VFR feel like its 150HP, and my arse dyno is a finely tuned machine, so it must be true.

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, TheLimey said:

I read all of 2k1GoneWild's posts in my bestest Trump voice, and the whole thing started making a lot more sense.

I can assure you the Obama admistration could never put a proper tune on a VFR, but would spend millions trying but Trump could and not overspend or waste time but everybody and their brother  would have something to say along the way ....

• Member Contributer
11 minutes ago, keef said:

I have about as much of a performance exhaust as you do. ceramic coated delkevic headers, custom  mid pipe and an akra can.

also a modded airbox like a lot of vfrs.

also the pc3, like a lot of vfrs.

but unlike a lot of vfrs, mine has been on a massive diet.

Mohawks is also lightweight, and has real performance mods, not just bolt ons.

The massive diet makes my VFR feel like its 150HP, and my arse dyno is a finely tuned machine, so it must be true.

I think the all stainless Black Widow exhaust with the Staintune with baffle remived, in the end, is about the same, the ceramic coating is not going to make any difference or enough to justify the long term risk and expense. 

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

This guy has to be trolling. Millionth time. You do not have performance headers or anywhere near that much horsepower. 100whp bike on a good day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Except Black Widow Perfomancr Exhaust Systems is in the business of producing superior exhaust products that not only actually out perform but also fit up perfect and will last a lifetime. All this talk about Black Widow not being a performance exhaust system is rubbish ! The boys at Black Widow are top notch craftsmen and deserve credit and appreciation for making available such a wonderful, fantastic product. Plus when VFR gets on the DynoJet you can be sure there will be a call of order for "Black Widow bashing retractions" ?

IMG_4160.JPG

IMG_4168.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

Sorry, spent a few hours in reality.

Ok...Ok...Ok...enough of this "performance" exhaust talk.

I live in the UK, and Black Widow is a budget exhaust manufacturer over here in the UK. I think you'll also find that Black Widow is a rebranded Sandy Bike Spares exhaust system, so performance it is not!

The downpipe system is built to a budget, the improved gas flow is due to the lack of CatCon in the collector. Look at it this way, if a system is branded "no re-jetting or modifications needed" then it is not performance. It is designed to run off of the OEM fuel map, with or without the OEM silencers.

As for the comparison of currently available systems for the VFR, Motad/Sandy/Widow, odd that they all share the same design and weld points huh...?

...a Factory Honda VFR Superbike  would pretty much have exactly the same build as this thread.

You never split the cases of a VFR or a superbike engine!

Sorry, spent a few hours in reality.

Ok...Ok...Ok...enough of this "performance" exhaust talk.

I live in the UK, and Black Widow is a budget exhaust manufacturer over here in the UK. I think you'll also find that Black Widow is a rebranded Sandy Bike Spares exhaust system, so performance it is not!

The downpipe system is built to a budget, the improved gas flow is due to the lack of CatCon in the collector. Look at it this way, if a system is branded "no re-jetting or modifications needed" then it is not performance. It is designed to run off of the OEM fuel map, with or without the OEM silencers.

As for the comparison of currently available systems for the VFR, Motad/Sandy/Widow, odd that they all share the same design and weld points huh...?

Lol he also thinks that your euro ecu makes power...

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Sent from my iPhone

This guy has to be trolling. Millionth time. You do not have performance headers or anywhere near that much horsepower. 100whp bike on a good day.

Except Black Widow Perfomancr Exhaust Systems is in the business of producing superior exhaust products that not only actually out perform but also fit up perfect and will last a lifetime. All this talk about Black Widow not being a performance exhaust system is rubbish ! The boys at Black Widow are top notch craftsmen and deserve credit and appreciation for making available such a wonderful, fantastic product. Plus when VFR gets on the DynoJet you can be sure there will be a call of order for "Black Widow bashing retractions" ?

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, Hainzy said:

I know, bless emoji23.png

These are the facts about the differences in the restrictions in between a typical US spec ECU and a Euro soec ECU provided by the subject matter "speed experts" in the industry at Brock's Perfirmance.

• Member Contributer

UK is not Euro, they think they are better off that way :goofy:

Like the forthcoming dyno charts, "only time will tell......".....

Nice "Copy & Paste" response there, but the facts are stated in my previous comment. It is only dubbed "performance" because it's dropped the CatCon!

I take it you must be on commission with Black Widow then?

You have people on here who have 'been there and done that' with the VFR for years and years, what makes your bike so different as standard to every other one that left the Honda assembly line? Seriously, you're undertaking minor tuning work and claiming to have unleashed an extra 15+ Bhp from a stock motor.

I've tuned engines, GSXR's/CBR's/TL's/SV's/Ducks/VTR's, in the past. If you claims actually every become reality, which I strongly doubt with a genuine Dyno Graph, Honda and every other manufacturer will head hunt you.

It's gonna be a hard fall back to earth I fear....

These are the facts about the differences in the restrictions in between a typical US spec ECU and a Euro soec ECU provided by the subject matter "speed experts" in the industry at Brock's Perfirmance.

http://www.brocksperformance.com/brocknm/templates/bpp1.aspx?articleid=229&zoneid=10

You know that's a Kawasaki ZX10-R superbike yeah?

Let me know when you crack the cases and have a look inside that VFR of yours....

UK is not Euro

Same fuel map, and same Emission Regs

• Member Contributer

This thread sure reminds me of the run-up to the elections.... so I will put is to "ignore" for a while

Can someone PM me once the dyno results are posted?

Oh hold on, those will be rigged no? :goofy:

as posted a few pages back, the dyno of German bike mag Motorrad had the 6th gen at 105rwhp and a 5th gen at 101rwhp so who knows what comes out of this..

(of course you cannot trust the Germans can you???)

IM000015.jpg

The pictures of the SBS innards do look horrible, but what if the new set is ok?

so much cynisism....  

and IF this all turns out to be a hoax, so what?

• Member Contributer
7 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

UK is not Euro, they think they are better off that way :goofy:

Like the forthcoming dyno charts, "only time will tell......".....

What's really going on is the "power pundants" must make constant efforts to undermine the most simple and valid information that increases power with readily available parts within reasonable spending. Power pundants want everybody to think only by using rare unobtainable parts can any power increases be fully realized when the fact of the matter there is nothing further than the truth.The prime example is the Brooks Performance Downpipes. First and foremost the product has to be obtainable,ideally direct from the manufacturer and not made in China ! Then it must fit-up without iverstressing the connections.The fact that the Black Widow eliminates the center stand shows the pipes were built for performance but can also be a better choice for the OEM because there are made of high grade 304 Stainless. The power pundants would never focus on actual production attributes, rather they divert to pipe sizing "bigger is better" which is not necessarily always true, especially when you are looking to only improve upon certain aspects of the original factory design that was diminished due to other considerations like emmision regulation restrictions and the centerstand. That's the reality of the matter and this thread will make it very simple and clears a bell ! ?

the dyno of German bike mag Motorrad had the 6th gen at 105rwhp 

Same as UK, the days of UK differing to EU changed when the 100bhp limit was dropped in France.

Depends how strict your USA Emission Regs are, you could have a different map to get past the Regs (as we do, known as a flat spot) but it won't enhance the power by the claims stated previously.

We use a phrase "Banging my hed against a brick wall" he in the UK, sure it 'translates' in American.

UK signing out, good luck with your dillusions and pay my regards to the funny shaped head guys at Roswell...

Archived