• Member Contributer
On 11/11/2016 at 1:45 PM, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again, yes, your nonperformance header is holding you back plenty. That is an enormous area under the curve gain.

motad vs two brothers.jpeg

That's good to know, I'm thinking I'm going to be hanging right there in between with your numbers , let's wait and see.

IMG_4224.JPG

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure if you ask your dyno guy to fudge the correction factor 10%, or dyno it uncorrected when its 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside. 
Actual power, you don't have a snowballs chance in hell. That is Mohawks bike. He had to have all the mods you listed (he has a euro ECU if you didn't notice), plus custom velocity stacks and custom ground cams, just to reach 112whp. To reach 118 whp he needed the two brothers racing header. After this dyno he was able to extend the rev limit to 12500, for an even 120whp.

• Member Contributer
42 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Sure if you ask your dyno guy to fudge the correction factor 10%, or dyno it uncorrected when its 20 degrees Fahrenheit outside. 
Actual power, you don't have a snowballs chance in hell. That is Mohawks bike. He had to have all the mods you listed (he has a euro ECU if you didn't notice), plus custom velocity stacks and custom ground cams, just to reach 112whp. To reach 118 whp he needed the two brothers racing header. After this dyno he was able to extend the rev limit to 12500, for an even 120whp.

I'm thinking I'm going to be hanging right in there with Mohawks bike, I'd be fine with anything over 110 whp. This bikes really running great, I'll get an iPhone holder and video it running through the gears, then you'll agree ? 

• Member Contributer
23 minutes ago, Epyon007 said:

He wouldn't, unless all he wanted was a bigger number on the paper than the bike actually put down.

That's not going to happen defeats the entire purpose of the whole effort, if anybody is in South Georgia I'd be glad to meet up for a ride, this is one nice running VFR ?

• Member Contributer

Speaking of a snowballs' chance in hell, the US showed us that nothing is impossible.....

So lets come together as one nation euh  I mean forum, and let the dyno do the voting!

I'm thinking I'm going to be hanging right in there with Mohawks bike, I'd be fine with anything over 110 whp. This bikes really running great, I'll get an iPhone holder and video it running through the gears, then you'll agree  

How exactly do you think that you are going to hanging right there with a bike that has every mod you have, plus cams?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Don't forget mohawks weight reduction. 

Mines down to a bit less than 410lbs wet.

COP, delkevic/akra, pipercross, shorter velocity stacks, PC3. 

Easier to lose weight than gain HP. 

I'm sorry, all this talk about knowing what you are doing and tuning is so funny! It took you til post #172 to remove the baffle from your Staintune, that's the first thing that should have been done

As someone that sticks his hands inside engines, you're gonna need more than an EU ECU (), Airbox Mods, and a DeCat header to improve a VFR's performance that much.

As for MoHawks dyno, I use JHS Racing a lot and I cannot fault James' knowledge and experience. Best DynoJet operator in the UK

• Member Contributer
38 minutes ago, Hainzy said:

I'm sorry, all this talk about knowing what you are doing and tuning is so funny! It took you til post #172 to remove the baffle from your Staintune, that's the first thing that should have been done emoji23.png

As someone that sticks his hands inside engines, you're gonna need more than an EU ECU (emoji23.png), Airbox Mods, and a DeCat header to improve a VFR's performance that much.

As for MoHawks dyno, I use JHS Racing a lot and I cannot fault James' knowledge and experience. Best DynoJet operator in the UK emoji106.png

You forget the PC lll, I've also got suspension....

IMG_4219.JPG

Whoa look what i've missed just from a couple days. Though I'm a bit confused,   your profile says you are in Falls Wa. But now I read south Georgia?  You've moved on me,  damn and here I was hoping for a comparison ride. love the story here,  keep up the good work. just along the same lines as Seb.. Been down this road. I know what's what. SMH.   

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Dutchy said:

Speaking of a snowballs' chance in hell, the US showed us that nothing is impossible.....

So lets come together as one nation euh  I mean forum, and let the dyno do the voting!

This VFR I have here is a real hard runner, it's up over 110 whp

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Hainzy said:

I'm sorry, all this talk about knowing what you are doing and tuning is so funny! It took you til post #172 to remove the baffle from your Staintune, that's the first thing that should have been done emoji23.png

As someone that sticks his hands inside engines, you're gonna need more than an EU ECU (emoji23.png), Airbox Mods, and a DeCat header to improve a VFR's performance that much.

As for MoHawks dyno, I use JHS Racing a lot and I cannot fault James' knowledge and experience. Best DynoJet operator in the UK emoji106.png

This VFR has just the right combination of what makes it go fast without all the fuss and costly over-spending, trust me you'll be seeing at least 110 whp and maybe up to 115 whp with the custom fuel map ?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, RVFR said:

On another thought just for the fun of it,  you should post this on VFRW too. ;)    it's quite the read. 

Maybe he already has, as SOW ;)

ROTF here,  yes,  I would like to see actual dialed in Dyno pulls from two different set ups. Butt dynos really don't mean a thing other than whom ever has a feeling. just saying, this is a fun read though.  

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Soupinmycoupe said:

That's a lot of $ invested. Let us know if you ever part it out and go back to stock....

Today was new DMr Rear Shock installed ! she rides firmer now, when you put these two shocks next to each you can really see the OEM is not much, thank you Jamie  tomorrow going to tackle the front forks :)

IMG_4219.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

• Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Forbes said:

Personal journey, let's enjoy what we do.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2016 at 4:59 PM, keef said:

Don't forget mohawks weight reduction. 

Mines down to a bit less than 410lbs wet.

COP, delkevic/akra, pipercross, shorter velocity stacks, PC3. 

Easier to lose weight than gain HP. 

Don't forget I have a full performance exhaust, she feels like 110 whp now climbs good and steady up to 150 mph, then been greeting close to 160 mph but conditions have not been unite totally ideal :)

• Member Contributer
On 11/11/2016 at 2:07 PM, CandyRedRC46 said:

IMG_4224.JPG

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, slowbird said:

I'm subscribing to this so I don't miss out on the dyno results.

Here's the micro fan mounted to the rectifier for forced air cooling this fan is used in RV' fridges, fits perfect will get wired in with a thermostat next .  

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

IMG_4223.JPG

Archived