• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, RVFR said:

ROTF here,  yes,  I would like to see actual dialed in Dyno pulls from two different set ups. Butt dynos really don't mean a thing other than whom ever has a feeling. just saying, this is a fun read though.  

This particular VFR is really responding quite well to the double snorkel air box, the Black Widow performance headers,the high level Staintune with the restriction baffle rremoved, Euro ECU from Germany and the PC lll with a High output fuel mapping file loaded, it's quite amazing . This weekend I am installing new DMr rear shock and springs, next week I send off stator and engine clutch case to Thurn Motosports, then when that comes back I'll install a Kevlar or carbon fiber Barnett clutch. Change the oil, install the new upgraded stator and rectifier, then it will be ready for final DynoJet testing and custom fuel mapping . I estimate It's got 119 WHP right now because it's pulling hard red get up to 150 mph and wants to keep going but I run out of road :)

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4224.JPG

IMG_4217.MOV

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't forget I have a full performance exhaust, she feels like 110 whp now climbs good and steady up to 150 mph, then been greeting close to 160 mph but conditions have not been unite totally ideal :)

Don't forget, you have a factory 1998/1999 reproduction header and upgraded muffler. That's it. Don't forget that's indicated mph, not actual.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Here's the micro fan mounted to the rectifier for forced air cooling this fan is used in RV' fridges, fits perfect will get wired in with a thermostat next .  

What are you doing? I thought you were getting some special German rr, that's just an early 2000's generic oem rr. Modern MOSFET rr's like a fh020 do not make heat or require fans and thermostats. They are more efficient and reliable than that old basic shunt rr could ever dream of being. This entire thread is like how to mod your vfr in 2005 lol. Well except for the Jamie Daugherty Motorsports stuff. He does great work. Can't knock Jamie :)

This particular VFR is really responding quite well to the double snorkel air box, the Black Widow performance headers,the high level Staintune with the restriction baffle rremoved, Euro ECU from Germany and the PC lll with a High output fuel mapping file loaded, it's quite amazing . This weekend I am installing new DMr rear shock and springs, next week I send off stator and engine clutch case to Thurn Motosports, then when that comes back I'll install a Kevlar or carbon fiber Barnett clutch. Change the oil, install the new upgraded stator and rectifier, then it will be ready for final DynoJet testing and custom fuel mapping . I estimate It's got 119 WHP right now because it's pulling hard red get up to 150 mph and wants to keep going but I run out of road

This guy has to be trolling. Millionth time. You do not have performance headers or anywhere near that much horsepower. 100whp bike on a good day.

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Don't forget, you have a factory 1998/1999 reproduction header and upgraded muffler. That's it. Don't forget that's indicated mph, not actual.

Yup but I'm always one step ahead and know "what to do" and "what not to do" and for how long and when to "back-off", I'll get a nice mount for my iPhone and get my  GPS speed, this VFR is definitely "waking up" I've also got some more tricks up my sleeve, I m estimatimb 110 whp now and predicting 115 whp with the PC lll custom fuel mapping. you'll see, trust me :)?

• Member Contributer
14 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

What are you doing? I thought you were getting some special German rr, that's just an early 2000's generic oem rr. Modern MOSFET rr's like a fh020 do not make heat or require fans and thermostats. They are more efficient and reliable than that old basic shunt rr could ever dream of being. This entire thread is like how to mod your vfr in 2005 lol. Well except for the Jamie Daugherty Motorsports stuff. He does great work. Can't knock Jamie :)

Except there is but more to it than buying a made in China mosfet Rectifier, trust me,I know exactly what I'm doing and I'm two steps ahead of anything that's been done :) ?

33 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

This particular VFR is really responding quite well to the double snorkel air box, the Black Widow performance headers,the high level Staintune with the restriction baffle rremoved, Euro ECU from Germany and the PC lll with a High output fuel mapping file loaded, it's quite amazing . This weekend I am installing new DMr rear shock and springs, next week I send off stator and engine clutch case to Thurn Motosports, then when that comes back I'll install a Kevlar or carbon fiber Barnett clutch. Change the oil, install the new upgraded stator and rectifier, then it will be ready for final DynoJet testing and custom fuel mapping . I estimate It's got 119 WHP right now because it's pulling hard red get up to 150 mph and wants to keep going but I run out of road :)

IMG_4206.JPG

interesting I see a Wa plate,  no biggy, you are where you are. But the snubber,  now that's just like...Really? that says a lot.   I tell ya 119hp?   SMH  two steps forward, 20 back..   

IMG_4217.MOV

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

This guy has to be trolling. Millionth time. You do not have performance headers or anywhere near that much horsepower. 100whp bike on a good day.

I beg to differ and the DynoJet fuel mapping session numbers will tell the truth ?

IMG_4224.JPG

Don't forget I have a full performance exhaust, she feels like 110 whp now climbs good and steady up to 150 mph, then been greeting close to 160 mph

So I'm confused, is this going down a 15 % grade with a tail wind?
SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
46 minutes ago, RVFR said:

Depends what direction and time of day but trust me this VFR has 110 whp right now

42 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

I beg to differ and the DynoJet fuel mapping session numbers will tell the truth ?

IMG_4224.JPG

• Member Contributer

umm some one tell this guy april 1st can only happen in april.. do the dyno run already at this rate this post will be 100 pages long of the same shit over and over again.

I vote no more talk about "performance until we see the dyno charts/video. everything else is fair game though. oh except the R/R I don't care to see some dumb ass fan on a dumb ass R/R. air blowing past that r/r at 160 mph is way more air than that fan can move 

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Starting to feel like a nice troll post here... lol

Say what you want but there's a $3k mint 2001 VFR plus $5k on the table just here in added parts. It's at 110 whp and when it gets in the DynoJet you'll get the numbers and then what will you be saying ? 

Well I may agree,  maybe when i see the dyno. A friend up here in Seattle has a 99 5th gen, and like mine also has the KN, staintune, PC3,  on the dyno he got 109hp very respectable. on yes a stock header, but still was kinda like wt.. as we have just about the same set up. Knowing the dyno tuner I know he got it to the best it could with what he had. So I'll give you a maybe @110,  but your ass isn't a good way of telling what is other than it feels stronger,  if that's good enough for you then all is fine.  But don't go throwing out numbers like they are a fact. To many here have been down this road way to many times and they know what's what. It's why you are seeing some of the comments.  Been there,  done this and that. 

• Member Contributer
10 minutes ago, RVFR said:

Well I may agree,  maybe when i see the dyno. A friend up here in Seattle has a 99 5th gen, and like mine also has the KN, staintune, PC3,  on the dyno he got 109hp very respectable. on yes a stock header, but still was kinda like wt.. as we have just about the same set up. Knowing the dyno tuner I know he got it to the best it could with what he had. So I'll give you a maybe @110,  but your ass isn't a good way of telling what is other than it feels stronger,  if that's good enough for you then all is fine.  But don't go throwing out numbers like they are a fact. To many here have been down this road way to many times and they know what's what. It's why you are seeing some of the comments.  Been there,  done this and that. 

Finally a legit reply ! Plus I've got the Euro ECU Germany and Rhea double snorkel optimizes the air intake as per the initial factory design and then the performance Black Widow headers and Staintune with baffle removed means there's no restrictions with the full exhaust system. This thing is nailed down just right to bring out all the factory power plus when it's gets the DynoJet fuel mapping it's going to be about 113 WHP, thank you much ! ?

• Member Contributer

omfg please someone pm me when we get a dyno chart/video it just hurts to read this BS

you are not releasing "factory" power. factory power is factory power as soon as you "mod" something you are adding more power by way of a aftermarket part. ie NOT factory power. if you have exhaust on the bike you DO have restrictions, with a true performance system you may have LESS restrictions, with a cheaply welded together POS you may be worse that stock. not saying black widow is worse just going by photos provided to us by reliable sources. only way to have 0 restrictions is to have no exhaust and that wont work so well for you. I am also not sure on how you believe the 2nd snorkel is truly helping you out.

I just get the feeling that at some point your going to tell us your just messin with us.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, 3dcycle said:

omfg please someone pm me when we get a dyno chart/video it just hurts to read this BS

you are not releasing "factory" power. factory power is factory power as soon as you "mod" something you are adding more power by way of a aftermarket part. ie NOT factory power. if you have exhaust on the bike you DO have restrictions, with a true performance system you may have LESS restrictions, with a cheaply welded together POS you may be worse that stock. not saying black widow is worse just going by photos provided to us by reliable sources. only way to have 0 restrictions is to have no exhaust and that wont work so well for you. I am also not sure on how you believe the 2nd snorkel is truly helping you out.

I just get the feeling that at some point your going to tell us your just messin with us.

The "Second Snorkel" will end up being a "stroke of genius" and this bulls will be know as the RC46 VFR SS, trust me, you'll see ?

Post #203

I estimate It's got 119 WHP right now

Post #205
I m estimatimb 110 whp now and predicting 115 whp

Post #215
it's going to be about 113 WHP

Yikes...you've lost bhp at the wheel already, by the time you get on a dyno it'll probably be down to 108bhp

You do know those "performance" headers are simply replicas of OEM equipment, just made without the CatCon to keep costs down ?

As a member living within the EU, for the time being whilst we go through Britex, could you clarify the reasoning behind using a German ECU?

Trust me you know a lot less than you think. Fh020 is made by Shindengen (the same company that makes your 15 year old sh579c-12) in Japan, not China and this post reeks of troll.

• Member Contributer
2 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Trust me you know a lot less than you think. Fh020 is made by Shindengen in Japan, not China and this post reeks of troll.

Exceptt you got no skin in this game like I do it's it's real right and ready like no other build in record time without all the fuss using the best of the best to get the job done so all you giot left in your tool box is the "troll tag", except I don't think so,I got $8k on the table and you're just about tapping keystrokes, what will you be saying when I post the DynoJet numbers and this build makes VFR history? ?

Exceptt you got no skin in this game like I do it's it's real right and ready like no other build in record time without all the fuss using the best of the best to get the job done so all you giot left in your tool box is the "troll tag", except I don't think so,I got $8k on the table and you're just about tapping keystrokes, what will you be saying when I post the DynoJet numbers and this build makes VFR history?

Correction factor

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

So far I've heard
110whp
112whp
113whp
115whp
118whp
119whp
120whp

Is this guy son of wolf from vfrworld?

Right now the guesstimate is 109- 110 ish and there's another 4-5 hp with the DynoJet tuning, wish you were here and could see this thing run down the road ?

Right now the guesstimate is 109- 110 ish

You're getting closer to reality, you do know it's a 46 and not a 45 yeah?

You're gonna need to take that engine apart to unleash some of the power figures you have quoted, and these will not be "off the shelf" components. Take a look inside...

Archived