• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

When you are proven wrong and the VFR produces over 110 hp, then what will you have to say ?

You are talking to some very knowledgeable people here. Maybe you might want to prove something to yourself and others before continuing.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea yea yea Ive had my hands on a connection for this elusive ecu-g,   then a bit more research told me there wasn't going to be any gains.   I too at first was looking for the mysterious ignition advance in the mid range, thinking the emissions was the issue, since most of the performance minded vehicles in Europe seem to put down bigger numbers it sorta made sense to get a euro spec ecu, ha it don't.   Then after some more research talking to those that are in the know told me the 5th gens doesn't realy responded kindly to advance after like 5-6k  IDK why,  just is.  Yea my 10+ dyno runs of 110, 111, 112hps, told me it ain't getting better until there's some good flowing exhaust.  Then of late there's rumor with the 2bros that one could sacrifice the great mid-range  that I have now for more up stairs later in the rpm range. I think it's worth the trade off,  so until I get that rocking horse poo I won't know for sure.  It's why I'm curious here in the what's what  I have a good feeling history will repeat it's self.    Good job Candy for getting him out, now lets sit back and see if it comes about.  Pass me the Pepsi please.

Awe.   notice it was rumor as some felt there was,  I didn't find any docs to counter the claim.     Thanks,  that's good to know. :)   Who's got the peanuts? Pretzels will do in a pinch. 

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

So are you hoping for a half degree of ignition timing in there so some unknown reason?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

1) The black widow headers (just as motad/delkevic/sandy bike spare/generic ebay headers etc) are cheaply made 1998/1999 clones, (not 98-01) . I am starting to think that you do not know what 1998/1999 headers are, how they differentiate from 00-01, 02-13 and +14 headers ....

1 Again) 304 stainless has nothing to do with performance.
2) Lol refer to picture of horrendous internal merging
3) Lol it is mandral bent please post photo of this "compression".

4) The cat is not restrictive, the piping diameter, merges and lengths are.

1) STILL TUNED TO RUN ON REGULAR FUEL.

merges.jpg

This is going to be typical welding resulting from any butt-welded exhaust system, if you don't think so, show a comparative superior product.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, RVFR said:

Yea yea yea Ive had my hands on a connection for this elusive ecu-g,   then a bit more research told me there wasn't going to be any gains.   I too at first was looking for the mysterious ignition advance in the mid range, thinking the emissions was the issue, since most of the performance minded vehicles in Europe seem to put down bigger numbers it sorta made sense to get a euro spec ecu, ha it don't.   Then after some more research talking to those that are in the know told me the 5th gens doesn't realy responded kindly to advance after like 5-6k  IDK why,  just is.  Yea my 10+ dyno runs of 110, 111, 112hps, told me it ain't getting better until there's some good flowing exhaust.  Then of late there's rumor with the 2bros that one could sacrifice the great mid-range  that I have now for more up stairs later in the rpm range. I think it's worth the trade off,  so until I get that rocking horse poo I won't know for sure.  It's why I'm curious here in the what's what  I have a good feeling history will repeat it's self.    Good job Candy for getting him out, now lets sit back and see if it comes about.  Pass me the Pepsi please.

I'm so sure my VRF is at 110 whp, it's running incredible ! ?

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, Forbes said:

Maybe VW diesel had a hand in tuning the Euro ECU, hence supposed improved performance, hahaha.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Forbes said:

Maybe VW diesel had a hand in tuning the Euro ECU, hence supposed improved performance, hahaha.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Possibly,I'm betting this is going to be the proven winning recipe to extract the max power for the least amount of money to the have longest term sustainable power possible. Here's the formula from the top down  : Euro ECU "G" + PC lll + o2 Eliminator + Second Snorkel Airbox (-flapper) +  K & N filter + Black Widow Downpipes (-cat) + Staintune High Level (-bagffle) + DynoJet Custom Fuel Map= 110 to 113 whp + (Stator & Rectifier rebuilt in Germany)

I'll give you credit for staying the coarse. You surely are one not to get knocked over.   Sad though you spent so much moola on things that won't give much if any gains, it's your VFR,  so who's to say it's not worth it to you. Just saying.  maybe it would have been a good idea to have done a dyno tune with just the staintune and PC3,  for the most part the KN filter is awash,,  now Piper cross yea thats the one.  So when this Dyno pull happening with Candy? couple weeks?  I know the guys are stomping around :) 

Plus one on what Mohawk said about the two brothers header. Definitely zero mid range loss at 35mm inner diameter. You would have to go up to HRC spec at 38mm to lose mid range. The two brothers and erion, at only 35mm (up from the +2000 28mm and 98/99 31mm inner diameter), only takes a hit in the idle to 2500 range, where you shouldn't be giving much throttle anyways. From 2500-7500 I would say it's about the same. But from 7500 to red line, it blows the factory and eBay headers out of the water.

• Member Contributer
18 minutes ago, RVFR said:

I'll give you credit for staying the coarse. You surely are one not to get knocked over.   Sad though you spent so much moola on things that won't give much if any gains, it's your VFR,  so who's to say it's not worth it to you. Just saying.  maybe it would have been a good idea to have done a dyno tune with just the staintune and PC3,  for the most part the KN filter is awash,,  now Piper cross yea thats the one.  So when this Dyno pull happening with Candy? couple weeks?  I know the guys are stomping around :) 

I did everything that needed to be done if you're so worried about money forget about motorcycles and girlfriends because neither will

ever "look or put out, like  it should" unless you spend plenty of cash at least with the bike it don't talk back and is always ready.

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Plus one on what Mohawk said about the two brothers header. Definitely zero mid range loss at 35mm inner diameter. You would have to go up to HRC spec at 38mm to lose mid range. The two brothers and erion, at only 35mm (up from the +2000 28mm and 98/99 31mm inner diameter), only takes a hit in the idle to 2500 range, where you shouldn't be giving much throttle anyways. From 2500-7500 I would say it's about the same. But from 7500 to red line, it blows the factory and eBay headers out of the water.

If TB is that great you'd think they would produce and sell such a marvelous header, what's going on here ?

If TB is that great you'd think they would produce and sell such a marvelous header, what's going on here ?

They did make a marvelous header 15 years ago, but between erion and two brothers breaking up and there not really being a huge market for full race systems for touring bikes, they only sold a few and then stuck to slip ons.

You know, it'd be nice if you actually read a few posts on this forum, before setting off to become some kind of self proclaimed vfr guru lol.

I did everything that needed to be done if you're so worried about money forget about motorcycles and girlfriends because neither will
ever "look or put out, like  it should" unless you spend plenty of cash at least with the bike it don't talk back and is always ready.

Lol this thread is the equivalent of a virgin going on Craigslist, searching for five minutes in the personals, picking the first girl you see, then throwing 5000 dollars worth of random stuff at her and saying that you've created the ultimate budget package of a woman.

• Member Contributer
16 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

They did make a marvelous header 15 years ago, but between erion and two brothers breaking up and there not really being a huge market for full race systems for touring bikes, they only sold a few and then stuck to slip ons.

You know, it'd be nice if you actually read a few posts on this forum, before setting off to become some kind of self proclaimed vfr guru lol.

13 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Lol this thread is the equivalent of a virgin going on Craigslist, searching for five minutes in the personals, picking the first girl you see, then throwing 5000 dollars worth of random stuff at her and saying that you've created the ultimate budget package of a woman.

you have to admit be able to actually purchase, receive and install Black Widow Performance Stainless Steel (no cat) Downpipes within 7 calendar days has somewhat of a benefit when you're trying to get a VFR right and ready for the long haul.All this talk about what is no

longer obtainable is not of much value and  Althogh  I totally understand do why it's always like that on forums and in real life)

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

If you're going to buy a 5th gen VFR and you didn't overpay, there's no reason not too get it running, looking and handling its very best ?

• Member Contributer
On 11/14/2016 at 2:59 PM, Epyon007 said:

Now we're talking.

raw.gif

I just spoke with the DynoJet Shop, it's Perrys Performance in Dublin Georgia, we are trying to set up power testing and custom fuel mapping for Friday Nov 25th, Perry just has to check with his family to make sure there's no conflicts. I can tell he knows what he's doing,m it's costing me $350 and will take 3-4 hours, max power will be measured in 6th gear. I will do my best to first test the differences between ECUs and Airbox as discussed. I know this bike is making over 110 whp, whatever it brings in over 110 whp I want to be on the record for all the power pundits to start  retracting those comments after DynoJet results are posted. ?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Epyon007 said:

Will you have a base line done before you do this?

Yes, I really want to first test and validate the best config for ECU and airbox covers and then do the custom fuel mapping 

• Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hmmmm, a dyno operator that knows what hes doing, is doing a power run in 6th gear, that's novel !

I dunno, that's what he said this is a certified tech and DynoJet shop.

33 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hmmmm, a dyno operator that knows what hes doing, is doing a power run in 6th gear, that's novel !

• Member Contributer

2K, I wish you the best in your efforts, but this just doesn't compute for me.    A lot of the parties who have shared the same know way more than i do and bring a ton of knowledge to the table here.  And have.

Hope you get what you pay for.  Appreciate your shared collective enthusiasm for the VFR. :-) 

Dave

Yes, I really want to first test and validate the best config for ECU and airbox covers and then do the custom fuel mapping 

How about testing and validating that header lol.

• Member Contributer
27 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

How about testing and validating that header lol.

The headers are "good enough" for this type of "intact" build, they are quite nice, Black Widow is right on the money as far as I'm concerned, and they cerntainly do not deserve a bashing of any sort and the guy with the picture is totally off base.

Archived