• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
12 hours ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

What about the center stand? Are you not using a center stand? I don't get it. Are you implying that oem headers are crush bent instead of maderal bent, because that is false. Yes they are oem (this is a good thing) so they offer the best fitment and quality, plus they are larger bore (31.5mm for +2000 headers vs 34.5mm for 1998/1999 header's outer diameter) and catless, so they theoretically offer more flow than the 2000 plus headers. Why on earth would you need o2 ports? $360 for ceramic coating is a joke. I had mine coated for $120. As far as the longevity of mild steel vs stainless steel, that is why I suggested the ceramic coating. Properly coated mild steel headers will outlast the bike. I don't see any need to match up to the stainless slip on, besides aesthetics. 

I dunno at the end of the day, I think what I got now is pretty darn good, an all stainless catless new downpipes with a like new high level Staintune for $1000- that's about as good as in gets in the "real world"

6 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

I dunno at the end of the day, I think what I got now is pretty darn good, an all stainless catless new downpipes with a like newchigh level Staintune for $1000-

It is simply a 1998/1999 clone in stainless. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether or not the internal merges are horrific, like every other sandy's spare/black widow that has been cut open and examined, remains to be seen, but it is pretty unanimous that the $500 motad is of higher quality, though still nothing more than a 98/99 clone. I also don't understand why you seem to think that the motad has more joints than the sandy/black widow, because it doesn't. All oem/sandy/black widow/motad have the same configuration. The Delkevic is the header with additional slip joints. Also true race headers like the Tyga/Two brothers/Erion have spring loaded slip joints and they are excellent/do not leak and ease fitment/relieve internal stress.

• Member Contributer
43 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Then you have a healthy vfr800 (100whp) and some good tucking skills.

So anything over 155 mph is more than 100 whp ?

• Member Contributer
36 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

It is simply a 1998/1999 clone in stainless. Nothing more, nothing less. Whether or not the internal merges are horrific, like every other sandy's spare/black widow that has been cut open and examined, remains to be seen, but it is pretty unanimous that the $500 motad is of higher quality, though still nothing more than a 98/99 clone. I also don't understand why you seem to think that the motad has more joints than the sandy/black widow, because it doesn't. All oem/sandy/black widow/motad have the same configuration. The Delkevic is the header with additional slip joints. Also true race headers like the Tyga/Two brothers/Erion have spring loaded slip joints and they are excellent/do not leak and ease fitment/relieve internal stress.

Except I actually work around fabricators for a living and the reasons I went with Black Widow were this: I read a bad posted report on Motad leaking due to the fact it did not fit up well and that means you end up having to over stress the pipes to get it to fit, At the same time you cannot contact Motad directly, so to me that's enough right there and third was the outside finish on the Motad is some sort of paint. Plus they do not supply gaskets and you have to go through a product re-seller, all disconnects, Black Widow you deal directly with the fabricator.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

What I can do is turn on an app that records speed my iPhone and do a max speed run, I thinking I can get 155 mph too.

Stock top speed is 155 max, as tested by magazine midgets, mine will go faster if I can find a piece of road clear enough to do it, problem is I live in one of the busiest countries in the world. Plus I am no midget :)

16 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

So anything over 155 mph is more than 100 whp ?

That's not exactly how that works. Current atmospheric conditions/wind direction, rider size and weight, tucking ability etc all get factored in. 1/4 mile Trap speed and actual weight would be a better indicator at actual wheel hp, but even with that, online calculators can only do so much.

14 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Except I actually work around fabricators for a living and the reasons I went with Black Widow were this: I read a bad posted report on Motad leaking due to the fact it did not fit up well and that means you end up having to over stress the pipes to get it to fit, At the same time you cannot contact Motad directly, so to me that's enough right there and third was the outside finish on the Motad is some sort of paint. Plus they do not supply gaskets and you have to go through a product re-seller, all disconnects, Black Widow you deal directly with the fabricator.

When I got my motad in 2009, yeah you're right, the first one didn't fit at all and the second one, still wasn't great. It did come with all necessary gaskets clamps hardware etc though and I had no trouble making contact. I would assume that has all been resolved in the last 7 or 8 years. With that said, there were negligible performance gains, besides the weight reduction. But, when you make a thread where the primary goal is unleashing power and increasing top speed, this is all irrelevant, as again, neither of these are performance headers, neither have tuned diameters or lengths, neither will add any significant power gains. The black widow header is an aesthetic upgrade and at best a weight reduction upgrade.

• Member Contributer
43 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

When I got my motad in 2009, yeah you're right, the first one didn't fit at all and the second one, still wasn't great. It did come with all necessary gaskets clamps hardware etc though and I had no trouble making contact. I would assume that has all been resolved in the last 7 or 8 years. With that said, there were negligible performance gains, besides the weight reduction. But, when you make a thread where the primary goal is unleashing power and increasing top speed, this is all irrelevant, as again, neither of these are performance headers, neither have tuned diameters or lengths, neither will add any significant power gains. The black widow header is an aesthetic upgrade and at best a weight reduction upgrade.

I don't think there is that much magic going on i between the actual fabrication of the headers, its pipe bending, shaping and welding,there is no magic going on here. It's the jig and final quality controls l fit and welding checks that matter. Black Widow fit perfect, no stressing at all. At the end of the day I don't think there would any significant power differences between what's out there for $600-, I'm just glad I finally do not have a cat and have a brand new free-flowing full SS system. It runs and sounds fantastic !

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again.
EQUAL LENGTH PRIMARIES
35MM I.D.
QUALITY MERGES
LARGER SECONDARIES
LARGER COLLECTOR

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure facts mean nothing in this conversation. That was apparent several pages ago...

This guy is basically mentally masturbating himself about his purchases, blindly ignoring any information presented. This thread serves to make him feel good about his money spent, and to justify them to the world (ala himself).

I don't think presenting any further information will yield any positive results.

• Member Contributer
13 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Pretty sure facts mean nothing in this conversation. That was apparent several pages ago...

This guy is basically mentally masturbating himself about his purchases, blindly ignoring any information presented. This thread serves to make him feel good about his money spent, and to justify them to the world (ala himself).

I don't think presenting any further information will yield any positive results.

Personally I think the responses are actually a good thing as this just reinforces the need to have Tyga come through, as there really isn't a performance header being made at the moment. Like with anything, the more accurate information presented means more educated readers, regardless of who the responses are directed to.

• Member Contributer
33 minutes ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again.
EQUAL LENGTH PRIMARIES
35MM I.D.
QUALITY MERGES
LARGER SECONDARIES
LARGER COLLECTOR

Except for the fact

those type of 5th Gen headers are not being made, so If I get to the point where all that matters, I can always just take the restriction baffle out of the Staintune and blast around like that for a whole and if that's still not enough power I can go buy the H2 with the Brock goodies on ebay. The Black Widow gets the job done just fine for tearing around the street and burning up the back roads, there's minimal restrictions, there no cat choking it, it's made of stainless, fits perfect, no leaks, that's what really matters.

13 minutes ago, 2k1GoneWild said:

Except for the fact

those type of 5th Gen headers are not being made, so If I get to the point where all that matters, I can always just take the restriction baffle out of the Staintune and blast around like that for a whole and if that's still not enough power I can go buy the H2 with the Brock goodies on ebay. The Black Widow gets the job done just fine for tearing around the street and burning up the back roads, there's minimal restrictions, there no cat choking it, it's made of stainless, fits perfect, no leaks, that's what really matters.

The real fact here is the cat isn't choking anything. The small diameter and unequal length primaries are the main choking points/ restrictions, followed by the small secondaries, collector and low quality merges. Your lack of a catalytic converter is a placebo. Are you really riding around with the baffle in the staintune? I wouldn't be surprised if that brought you right back down to factory power or less.

• Member Contributer
51 minutes ago, Epyon007 said:

Man it would be nice if the Tyga made a performance system like the one above, left side exit as well.  <3 <3 <3

My understanding is that this was also asked of them. You'd have to go through the Tyga thread but this was something not part of the day 1 delivery but a possible option for those who want it. I for one would wait for that one.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, CandyRedRC46 said:

Again.
EQUAL LENGTH PRIMARIES
35MM I.D.
QUALITY MERGES
LARGER SECONDARIES
LARGER COLLECTOR

Ok I took out the restrictor tip in my Staintune and you're absolutely correct it's running and sounding better than ever, but I still don't think the Black Widow is holding back any power, for what's that's worth and if it is holding back power, it's not that much considering none of these other systems you're taking about can actually be obtained and if they were, they would be IMG_4215.JPGIMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, stryker said:

There is alot of "magic" going on making a performance header, read the article i posted! http://www.epi-eng.com/piston_engine_technology/exhaust_system_technology.htm

Over and out........

I watch every F1 race and unnderstand both how important and expensive every 1000th of a second is to F1 racing. But it's not all the same when you just tuning a $3000 motorcycle that's 15 years old, it's not as important as you guys are making this out to be, what's more important is what's reasonably readily available, proven affordable quality. But I guess that's just to darn logical ? 

35 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

My understanding is that this was also asked of them. You'd have to go through the Tyga thread but this was something not part of the day 1 delivery but a possible option for those who want it. I for one would wait for that one.

I'm subscribed to the thread.  I don't recall anything about left exhaust but it was a while ago that I read it.  It's a shame that they didn't come that was OEM.  I have lots of crap I need for this thing before I need something that nice and expensive.  Maybe some day if it exists.

Archived