Keb & Dave's Daily Dragon Ride Report! Lol

• Member Contributer

Real men just ride with a raw ass.

Other real men don't want to follow behind this raw ass. Too bloody...... :goofy:

I hope your new VFR has a soft seat. For the sake of all of us. It's harder to grin with a bloody bottom! And that machine deserves big grins.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will either get to ride the dragon with my Dad May 7-14 or go to TMAC... So many choices, so few vacation days :/

Texans at T-Mac! What is the world coming to?!

Welcome, hope you can make it.

I made it last year! With two Texans in tow haha

• Member Contributer

I will either get to ride the dragon with my Dad May 7-14 or go to TMAC... So many choices, so few vacation days :/

Texans at T-Mac! What is the world coming to?!

Welcome, hope you can make it.

I made it last year! With two Texans in tow haha

Now I'm REALLY sorry I missed out last year. ;)

Guess I need to track down a better seat for a 500 mile bun burner.

-PRB

Cycling undershorts with padding

Ride more

Also helps to put a little diesel fuel around your ankles....it keeps the ants off of your candy azz. :goofy:

Don't scrimp on the bike shorts, get a good quality like top level Pearl Izumi or similar, it makes all the difference.

Hey now, that candy azz is my greatest feature.

Ya'll can't even seem to get enough of it.

Patience kids, I'll be there in May.

-PRB

• Member Contributer

I'm totally confused now. What exactly are the dates for the 2016 event? I did figure out the Franklin Microtel is the place to stay at though.

Thanks,

Nick

• Member Contributer

Well it turns out the Microtel was SOLD this year. Old management left with old owners. I've had several calls with the gal at the front desk that says the new owner is aware of our group and wants to keep us using their facility BUT the new owner has yet to return any of my request for details. This has been going on for several weeks so far.

The only week that hasn't been booked yet is again Memorial Week May 26th - 29th. I think I asked them to lock in those dates, but have no idea at what price the rooms will be.

So tentative dates for the 2016 TexasMac Memorial Ride are May 26th - 29th. :wacko:

BR

I'm totally confused now. What exactly are the dates for the 2016 event? I did figure out the Franklin Microtel is the place to stay at though.

Thanks,

Nick

See above.

• Member Contributer

Well it turns out the Microtel was SOLD this year. Old management left with old owners. I've had several calls with the gal at the front desk that says the new owner is aware of our group and wants to keep us using their facility BUT the new owner has yet to return any of my request for details. This has been going on for several weeks so far.

The only week that hasn't been booked yet is again Memorial Week May 26th - 29th. I think I asked them to lock in those dates, but have no idea at what price the rooms will be.

So tentative dates for the 2016 TexasMac Memorial Ride are May 26th - 29th. :wacko:

BR

Thanks,

Nick

See above.

Were all confused ...

• Member Contributer

BR

Thanks,

Nick

See above.

Were all confused ...

A lot of us were born that way. Me included.

• Member Contributer

I'm trying to see if I can get a buddy of mine to come down to this too. I wouldn't mind riding the dragon with some more mature riders than the younguns I did it with last year. Only got 1 day riding in due to some guy hitting the mounting the 2nd day on a stretched busa. SMH.

I'm trying to see if I can get a buddy of mine to come down to this too. I wouldn't mind riding the dragon with some more mature riders than the younguns I did it with last year. Only got 1 day riding in due to some guy hitting the mounting the 2nd day on a stretched busa. SMH.

Don't pick a riding partner based on grey hair. Some of the old guys ride like they are still in their teens. :goofy:

I didnt mean it like that. Usually the older guys can ride better and are safer is what I meant!

Some of the mature guys are the best riders you'll find in that area. They also have been through more bikes. :goofy:

One of our youngest members is the most mature rider I've had the pleasure of riding with.

Hope I didn't offend, I'm just poking fun at some folks who I would never name. I'm sure they are laughing too.

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately around where I live the he majority of the ones who ride spoprtbikes are the youngsters besides me.... not all of them are very safe or mature riders..

• Member Contributer

Just see me at TMAC RC51Nick. We'll go for a spin and then pick the right group for you to hook up with. It is nearly impossible to have a bad time at TMAC.

Hell, I even had fun with Gloryracing last year. :beer:

Just see me at TMAC RC51Nick. We'll go for a spin and then pick the right group for you to hook up with. It is nearly impossible to have a bad time at TMAC.

No kidding, I got a great few hours of examining his rear tire. It's a nice tire.

-PRB

• Member Contributer

Lol, I got to ride with Switchblade my first T-mac, he helped me improve my long distance vision preception......;)

He does that from time to time. I try to keep him behind my slowa$$ bikes when we ride together but every now and then he lights up hisVFR and leaves my CB/NC/ST behind, I don't mind being the slow guy these days.

• Member Contributer

Just surviving and having a good time at TMAC is a very good thing. Remember why TMAC exists.

• Member Contributer

Just surviving and having a good time at TMAC is a very good thing. Remember why TMAC exists.

Absolutely!!

Just in good fun Brent, sorry if you thought I was inciting anything other then safe riding.

David is one of the most experience , safest riders out there that I know of. I myself have sponsored and taught my 23 yr old son to ride a fifth gen responsibly for the last two years. Everyone ride/be safe.

• Member Contributer

Lol, I got to ride with Switchblade my first T-mac, he helped me improve my long distance vision preception......;)

He does that from time to time. I try to keep him behind my slowa$$ bikes when we ride together but every now and then he lights up hisVFR and leaves my CB/NC/ST behind, I don't mind being the slow guy these days.

Missed TMAC last year , hope to make it this year but I am now subject to leave on TDY with little notice.

And it always a blast to ride you both .

• Member Contributer

Don't pick a riding partner based on grey hair. Some of the old guys ride like they are still in their teens. :goofy:

^^^What he said

My teen self was much more mature.

^^^^ Ditto. My teen self didn't even own a motorcycle.

I didnt mean it like that. Usually the older guys can ride better and are safer is what I meant!

Some of the mature guys are the best riders you'll find in that area. They also have been through more bikes. :goofy:

One of our youngest members is the most mature rider I've had the pleasure of riding with.

Hope I didn't offend, I'm just poking fun at some folks who I would never name. I'm sure they are laughing too.

Its all fun and games until the youngest member riding his Tiger passes the Duckling on the Snake. The Duckling awakens with a loud quack but the speedo still only says 55. Good times.

^^^The path to advanced immaturity is right here.

The only question is when do we upgrade to 300s? What are we doing? Right now, what are we doing?

Archived