Keb & Dave's Daily Dragon Ride Report! Lol

• Member Contributer

007 wrote: The only question is when do we upgrade to 300s? What are we doing? Right now, what are we doing?

I still got nothing Matt. :wink: It was around that time period I realized I was burnt out on sport bikes. Funny you mention the 300. I was going to test ride one today. The 500 is just too fast.

I rode the ST1300 at last years TMAC because I feel the NC and CB are just too dangerous to follow in the mountain with their suspension set up. They slow some peeps down in the straights and when you, Switch and I get to the twisty stuff we always act like children and it's game on. Dangerous stuff for the people from out of town that may be following. The ST kinda lumbers along but at least I can throttle out of the turns and give the VFRs some room between corners.

If Mark (Gloryracing) is coming this year we may have to make a custom 500 run just for him though. He would probably pass us 2-up but we'll catch him when his tires go off or he runs out of gas. :beer:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I have never met any gray, old, mature riders up there. Please point one out to me next time, but at least wait till my front wheel is back on the ground.

BR

You are the poster child for immaturity BR so you may not recognize maturity if you saw it. Dont ever change my friend. I am getting ready to take the ST over to the Gap in a few minutes with brand new T30 EVO GTs I installed last night. Just in case we get a chance to act anything but our age this year.

FYI I still may buy that VFR from you for one last trip down memory lane. Keep the battery charged.

• Member Contributer

the one thing I find with riding with "old" guys is some of them would rather die doing what they love (riding) then in some nursing home some day, I ride with this one guy that is 70+ years old and I am 30, he has a zx10 and he rides that freaking thing.

although he does ride the same road every morning its nice enough to ride, its 15 miles of corners and last time I rode with him it was nothing under 100 and he whooped me, I asked him how he dared do that on that road. he told me he would not be stopping for PD so no worry of a ticket, if he died doing it at least he whooped me today, or died trying

• Member Contributer

The aim is not the maximum # days in life

But the maximum life in your days...

YMMV

• Member Contributer

Paging Duct Tape Terry................... :goofy:

I've had a few ups and downs. T-Mac can be very educational for those who don't have the best roads in the country out their back door. If the roads out your back door are not 10+'s better bring your humility and your best game.

And a days technical riding may also take a toll on your physical endurance. A 250 mile day in NC/TN/etc is not the same as the same distance in Flat Land USA. One needs to closely monitor ones tiredness.

My barbed-wire-fence-carrier-arrest-landing came when I accidentally ended up riding with a group that was above my level of confidence and, probably, my ability. My leather suit saved a lot of skin and I was Quite Lucky I to be able to walk and ride away from it.

But in the end T-Mac is Great Fun with Great Challenges and Great Roads. Then it gets Even Better when the bench racing and lying starts after the riding is done.

• Member Contributer

YMMV

Amen !!

That is so immature, but I agree. :goofy:

Me and you both have had our share of those days .

YMMV

Amen !!

That is so immature, but I agree. :goofy:

Me and you both have had our share of those days .

:491: You know it.

• Member Contributer

I did 130+ miles tire testing on the dragon yesterday and I saw only one VFR and it was Switchblade's. BTW Dave the guy on the R6 that passed while I was passing ended up being a Real Estate customer of Donna. Small world.

• Member Contributer

I did 130+ miles tire testing on the dragon yesterday and I saw only one VFR and it was Switchblade's. BTW Dave the guy on the R6 that passed while I was passing ended up being a Real Estate customer of Donna. Small world.

Am I mistaken in reading this that you were passed by an R6?

I am my last set of 3's so I am nursing them until the Dunlap rebate starts(I hope ).

Rebates are good. Just got word of a Pirelli $40 rebate from Jake Wilson this AM if you are interested.

• Member Contributer

I am my last set of 3's so I am nursing them until the Dunlap rebate starts(I hope ).

Rebates are good. Just got word of a Pirelli $40 rebate from Jake Wilson this AM if you are interested.

Thanks Steve.

• Member Contributer

The R6 was going the other way. We passed on the straight 3 abreast. Was hoping Dave had his GoPro on.

Have seen the Pirelli and a Metzeler rebate. If anyone hears of another B'stone rebate Please post up.

Thanx!

Additionally, some members of this forum simply suck! Jus sayin.

Have seen the Pirelli and a Metzeler rebate. If anyone hears of another B'stone rebate Please post up.

Thanx!

Hopefully a few bad apples won't ruin your experience here my friend!

-PRB

• Member Contributer

Thanx!

Hopefully a few bad apples won't ruin your experience here my friend!

-PRB

I think we know to whom GR is referring. I can't blame him. I would denigrate me too if I couldn't revel in all the stupid fun I have in the mountains. Love You Too Mark. :beer:

The new T30 EVO GTs will be getting a full report soon but early returns are they seem to wear better than the 1st gen T-30s. Supposed to exceed the PR4 for wet grip!

• Member Contributer

The R6 was going the other way. We passed on the straight 3 abreast. Was hoping Dave had his GoPro on.

It was on and I will check when I get back home.

Archived