Well, I Just Bought Kenny Roger's Vfr...

Just an initial post regarding my New To Me 2007 RWB ABS VFR, original owner, County music's Kenny Roger's. I picked it up yesterday in Las Vegas, A Huge Thank You to John, the most recent former owner. Its a like new 2007, 13,000 miles and in perfect condition. I'll post some pictures, however, it looks the like the catalog photo. The ABS is sublime and that was the primary reason for the purchase. My Sweet, faithful and much loved 2002 will be posted for sale here soon, stay tuned for a great opportunity...

Right, he knew when to walk away, I knew when to ride...

Veefer, I have the original Bill of sale and service records. Even though I got her in Vegas, she was first sold by the same Honda dealer in SoCal where my 2002 was, the late Kolbe Honda. The bike was serviced in Simi Valley after that.

• Member Contributer

Let's just hope you never find yourself singing Kenny's hit "You picked a fine time to leave me Loose Wheel"...

• Member Contributer

You sure it's THE Kenny Rogers. Actually there's another famous one, a former MLB pitcher. Although I can't really imagine either one riding a Honda VFR. A cruiser maybe, but a VFR?

Regardless, congrats on the new bike.

No one can imagine ANYONE riding a VFR. Which is why it's such a stellar seller and always has been. I've been to many a bike night in many a different state from coast to coast in this once-great land, only to be met with a "Huh? What is that? They still make that? Never seen one."

• Member Contributer

Kenny Rogers was about 70 years old in 2007. The other famous Kenny Rogers was about 41.

Hard to picture that country singer on a VFR.

I could easier picture him on a Hog. :unsure:

No problem picturing comedian actor Alonzo Bodden on my '03 Tuono, he was the seller.

Too bad I did not get to meet him, funny guy. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

No one can imagine ANYONE riding a VFR. Which is why it's such a stellar seller and always has been. I've been to many a bike night in many a different state from coast to coast in this once-great land, only to be met with a "Huh? What is that? They still make that? Never seen one."

I can't remember how many times I've heard "Is that a Ducati?" Uhhh - no. :dry:

• Member Contributer

Yeah reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George buys a car belonging to Jon Voigt (the actor) car only to find out it was really John Voigt.

And can't say that I've ever met anybody who has mistaken the VFR for a Ducati either.

David Alan Grier??? Never heard of him.

Are we far enough off topic yet? Sorry OP.

Just say,

Yeah, it's my favorite Japanese Ducati. :cool:

They will never know the diff, and you will waste less time talking to them. :wink:

Congrats....no more Simi Honda......its at Simi Harley called Tri County Motorsports. ..

And, it's now in Moorpark, Ca... Right next door to Simi Harley, you know, that part of Simi Valley in Moorpark...

• Member Contributer

Oh come on you guys.... :worthlesswithoutpics: and by pics, I mean of Kenny Rodgers, we know what the bike looks like!

I still remember when our matronly office manager had close to an orgasm in front of our office lunch crew when she described seeing Kenny Rogers in concert in Milwaukee. She almost fainted in ecstasy when she was describing his powder blue tux with all the rufffles on it that looked so sexy o her. Us young ones at the lunch table were all rolling our eyes and almost blowing our food out of our noses from laughing at the sight of her crooning away about Kenny......

That was back in 1984/5 in my first real job out of college.

Finding out in this forum that Kenny was riding a VFR till maybe just recently is now starting to make me feel old....

...That was back in 1984/5 in my first real job out of college.

Finding out in this forum that Kenny was riding a VFR till maybe just recently is now starting to make me feel old....

By my fuzzy math, your age probably starts with a 5. Like mine.

Nah, you're still young. :laugh:

The story goes like this...

Kenny bought it new in SoCal. At some point, I believe in 2011 or 12, he donated it as a door prize or fund raising "auction" prize. Political in nature. The Winner sold it to the Guy in LV. LV sold it to me. There is evidence of this on the bike.

Archived