Well, I Just Bought Kenny Roger's Vfr...

• Member Contributer

I read the title too quickly. I thought you said you bought Kenny Roberts' bike.

I was thinking the same thing ...

The VFR was MADE for old geezers. I think it may even be in the brochure.

The VFR was made for gentlemen. It's the 'gentleman's express.' (I've no idea how Dutchy and Timmy got one ... :wink: )

Hard to picture that country singer on a VFR.

I could easier picture him on a Hog. :unsure:

Me too. I might have to revisit Kenny's catalog ...

Oh come on you guys.... :worthlesswithoutpics: and by pics, I mean of Kenny Rodgers, we know what the bike looks like!

kennyrogers2_h.jpg

He's thinking: "Damn. I should have held on to that VFR. I need another VFR ..."

By my fuzzy math, your age probably starts with a 5. Like mine.

Nah, you're still young. :laugh:

Five is young. My great nephew is five. I've said too much ... :ph34r:

P.S. OP, congrats on the new bike! You should write to Mr. Rogers and see if he can send you a signed picture of himself on the bike or, failing that, a publicity shot and he could sign it: "I should have held on to my VFR."

• Member Contributer

The story goes like this...

Kenny bought it new in SoCal. At some point, I believe in 2011 or 12, he donated it as a door prize or fund raising "auction" prize. Political in nature. The Winner sold it to the Guy in LV. LV sold it to me. There is evidence of this on the bike.

So he owned it, but probably never rode it. Kind of like sports jerseys that are worth more if it's game worn.

• Member Contributer

The story goes like this...

Kenny bought it new in SoCal. At some point, I believe in 2011 or 12, he donated it as a door prize or fund raising "auction" prize. Political in nature. The Winner sold it to the Guy in LV. LV sold it to me. There is evidence of this on the bike.

So he owned it, but probably never rode it. Kind of like sports jerseys that are worth more if it's game worn.

Short legs , me think ..

• 1 month later...

Archived