6Th Gen Galfer Brake Line Group Buy

mk3dub

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

Just got approval from the moderators to post this, so here goes!

After recently picking up a red 6th gen, Stoltec Moto and Galfer decided to run a special on VFR braided stainless steel brake line kits. This is for forum members only, so please PM me here. As you can see, www.stoltecmoto.com doesn't even list the VFR...

Pricing:

ABS MSRP: $330.63 plus shipping
ABS Group Buy Price: $230 shipped within US

Non-ABS MSRP: $300.01 plus shipping
Non-ABS Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

EDIT:
5th gen MSRP: $310
5th gen Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

All kits will be clear lines with silver fittings and include the clutch line.

Group Buy Terms:

• Group buy will run until midnight EST on 12/21/14
  • Ten people are required to obtain this pricing. If more are interested, we'll need another full group of ten.
  • Orders will be placed with Galfer when ten payments are received and will ship direct from Galfer (I will keep you up to date on the build time). Subsequent batch orders will be made in increments of 10.
  • If 12/20/14 comes and goes without enough interest, payments received will be fully refunded.
  • $20 will be donated back to the forum for each order ($200 for each group)!

Thanks!
Nick
www.stoltecmoto.com

Order Roster:

1. dgordon
2. grond1234
3. BTeiger
4. PorradaVFR
5. RRM
6. VFRpwr
7. Northwood
8. Skids
9. wera803
10. bayarearider

11. mk3dub
12. MaxSwell
13. Hawkeye Driver
14. 98curt
15. nick84
16. gmtech94
17. TomP
18. HRCCBR

• Answers 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

Kit arrived today.

Outstanding, wasn't expecting it until after Xmas.

Thanks m8.

• Member Contributer

OK guys...looks like we only managed to squeak 8 people (including me) on the second list. A bit short of our goal, but I worked with Galfer to honor these 8 orders. So bottom line, the next 8 orders are being transferred to Galfer today and will be built soon. To be safe, they probably won't depart Galfer's facility until after Christmas. But as always, I'll keep you posted.

Merry Christmas!

OK guys...looks like we only managed to squeak 8 people (including me) on the second list. A bit short of our goal, but I worked with Galfer to honor these 8 orders. So bottom line, the next 8 orders are being transferred to Galfer today and will be built soon. To be safe, they probably won't depart Galfer's facility until after Christmas. But as always, I'll keep you posted.

Merry Christmas!

mk3dub,

UDA man! Many thanks to you and Galfer (5 stars!) for cutting us 8 a break. I'm giddy like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

• Member Contributer

Nick, received my kit here in the Great White North today. What a brilliant setup. :-) Many thanks to you for setting this up and doing it the way you did. Awesome, and congratulations to all who were able to partake!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Dave

• Member Contributer

Thanks Nick for all the work you put into this ,also will recommend Galfer for working with us on this group buy .

• Member Contributer

OK everyone, some closing remarks on this group buy...

First, I'd like to thank Hispanic Slammer for approving of this group buy. I'd also like to thank the members who joined in and supported this. While I'm thanking, I'd like to recognize Galfer for working with me on this sale. 18 kit sales isn't too shabby for this time of year on an out of production model.

Second, another $160 has been donated to the forum on behalf of this group buy. This brings the running total up to $360 toward the 2015 operational budget!

Third, the second wave of orders have been placed with Galfer and is in process. They confirmed the orders and addresses with me today, so hoping to have these depart after Christmas. Will keep all you apprised of any updates.

Lastly, Merry Christmas!

Thanks,

Nick

Stoltec Moto

• Member Contributer

Thank you for doing this group buy. I am completely tapped out on my bike budget or else I'd have joined the list.

Perhaps next year you will do the same, it was a really phenomenal deal.

• Member Contributer

I am going to be REALLY disappointed if someone tells me they were taking custom orders for adding some length to clutch and MC line for Heli Bars...

Thanks Nick for organizing this and doing all of the leg work. I must say it was very easy to participate and the lines came a lot quicker than I thought.

I've had these on my list of things to get for the bike for a long time, they just weren't high enough up to justify the cost until this great deal came about.

Thanks again!

• Member Contributer

Yes - Thanks Nick for doing this. Got mine just before Christmas but as this is the great white north will have to wait a bit to put them on and try them out.

I am going to be REALLY disappointed if someone tells me they were taking custom orders for adding some length to clutch and MC line for Heli Bars...

Set I got fit both brake and clutch lines just fine with Heli-bars, no problemo.

Now if I could just unfreeze my fingers I'd go back out and finish off the rear lines but I can't pry them from my drinks glass ; )

• Member Contributer

On the rear lines be careful to lock them down and not to let them move towards the rear on the bike. What happens is the slack will end up at the rear and could impact the rear wheel.

SO what I did was to use the existing brake line clamps, the ones on the chain guard , and put a black tie wrap ON both sides of the clamp,on both lines' so as to lock the brake line. Remember the old brake lines are larger in diameter then the new line so the chain guard clamps will not hold the brake lines in place.

You could construct a better rubber grommets.

• Member Contributer

I'm with you Man!!!

If I didn't have my Speigler SS brake lines I'd be all over it...

hell, I almost bought a set "just in case" for future need it was such a ggod deal!!!

• Member Contributer

Wanted to drop in to say thanks to Nick for all the correspondence - the lines came in before the holiday and I'm just waiting for a quiet weekend to get them installed.

:comp13:

• Member Contributer

Thanks Nick for the great deal. My lines came today and they are beautiful. It's way too cold hear for installation so I'm taking them to bed with me 'til it warms up.

• Member Contributer

Glad you guys are happy! Everyone should have their lines now (with the exception of an international order I'm packaging now).

Thanks Switch, just routing the rear lines now and I see what you mean.

Have them going along in the stock location(s) and I'll see if I can cut and peel off the stock grommets off the old lines to use in the guard clamps with the new lines.

Archived