6Th Gen Galfer Brake Line Group Buy

mk3dub

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

Just got approval from the moderators to post this, so here goes!

After recently picking up a red 6th gen, Stoltec Moto and Galfer decided to run a special on VFR braided stainless steel brake line kits. This is for forum members only, so please PM me here. As you can see, www.stoltecmoto.com doesn't even list the VFR...

Pricing:

ABS MSRP: $330.63 plus shipping
ABS Group Buy Price: $230 shipped within US

Non-ABS MSRP: $300.01 plus shipping
Non-ABS Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

EDIT:
5th gen MSRP: $310
5th gen Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

All kits will be clear lines with silver fittings and include the clutch line.

Group Buy Terms:

• Group buy will run until midnight EST on 12/21/14
  • Ten people are required to obtain this pricing. If more are interested, we'll need another full group of ten.
  • Orders will be placed with Galfer when ten payments are received and will ship direct from Galfer (I will keep you up to date on the build time). Subsequent batch orders will be made in increments of 10.
  • If 12/20/14 comes and goes without enough interest, payments received will be fully refunded.
  • $20 will be donated back to the forum for each order ($200 for each group)!

Thanks!
Nick
www.stoltecmoto.com

Order Roster:

1. dgordon
2. grond1234
3. BTeiger
4. PorradaVFR
5. RRM
6. VFRpwr
7. Northwood
8. Skids
9. wera803
10. bayarearider

11. mk3dub
12. MaxSwell
13. Hawkeye Driver
14. 98curt
15. nick84
16. gmtech94
17. TomP
18. HRCCBR

• Answers 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

This is killing me - another must-have farkle. Do the kids really need new shoes this Christmas??? For now I'll have to be in the "I'll think about it" category. That's a really nice find - fantastic pricing and some goes back to VFRD to boot!

• Member Contributer

Wow, that is an excellent price for the complete kit.

I thought so, too!

This is killing me - another must-have farkle. Do the kids really need new shoes this Christmas??? For now I'll have to be in the "I'll think about it" category. That's a really nice find - fantastic pricing and some goes back to VFRD to boot!

Happy to help. I found this forum invaluable a few years back when I had a 5th gen. Happy to still have the support now that a 6th gen is back in the stable, so figured I'd give a little back.

• Member Contributer

Oh sure, now that I already have SS lines on both my bikes! All kidding aside, this is a win-win, hope people can take advantage of this deal.

Cheers

• Member Contributer

Where is the 5th gen love? :cool:

Good point. If you want a set, we can do the same price as the 6th gen: $200 shipped. How's that for customer service? :wink:

Postage to UK?

Shipping to the UK brings the kit price up $40.

mk3dub,

What's the process, calling the company direct and identifying the group buy?

The force is strong on this G-buy...

Even easier....PM or email me through Stoltec Moto's site.

Include me in. :-)

Cool...think I responded to your PM already, but let me know...

• Member Contributer

Dave, thanks. You're #1 on the list.

Quite a few other "add me" PM's today, so the interest is trickling in. I suspect we'll get enough interest to run this deal.

• Member Contributer

Sign me up...I had to bleed my brakes anyway, might as well upgrade the lines (that's at least my flimsy excuse). Thanks for setting this up! R.

• Member Contributer

Holy Cr@p that is a good price!!! Too bad I already installed Speiglers for my 5th gen and my track bike is de-linked...

This buy is too good to pass up. Thanks Nick, I'm IN and PM sent!

Bleeding DOT 4 fluid through a hydraulic system isn't affected by near freezing temperatures is it?

- HH pads and these lines may need to be installed while suffering male rider 'PMS' - Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

172 days to TMAC!

• Member Contributer

Damn damn damn just paid $432 for a full set of Goodrich hoses for my 5th Gen only last week here in the UK!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Member Contributer

This buy is too good to pass up. Thanks Nick, I'm IN and PM sent!

Bleeding DOT 4 fluid through a hydraulic system isn't affected by near freezing temperatures is it?

- HH pads and these lines may need to be installed while suffering male rider 'PMS' - Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.

172 days to TMAC!

Received... Thanks! You're on the list.

The cold temps won't affect the bleed. Is recommend a Mityvac or Motive power flush to help prime the lines, though. The VFR system is pretty complicated.

Damn damn damn just paid $432 for a full set of Goodrich hoses for my 5th Gen only last week here in the UK!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ooof... Sorry!

PM sent .

Response sent.

• Member Contributer

Nick

I'm seriously interested in this for my 6th Gen ABS but am unsure if I have the requisite skills to complete the install. I've bled the whole system using the on-site guide a couple of times but actually removing & replacing the lines is another step up.

How easy is this kit to remove & replace then refill?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I suppose it comes down to your mechanical aptitude. Pretty easy to drain and remove the old lines, and installation is pretty straight forward. There are a lot of lines on this bike, so plan to spend a full Saturday if this is your first attempt. As I mentioned earlier, some bleeding tools will assist with purging the air initially.

Archived