6Th Gen Galfer Brake Line Group Buy

mk3dub

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

Just got approval from the moderators to post this, so here goes!

After recently picking up a red 6th gen, Stoltec Moto and Galfer decided to run a special on VFR braided stainless steel brake line kits. This is for forum members only, so please PM me here. As you can see, www.stoltecmoto.com doesn't even list the VFR...

Pricing:

ABS MSRP: $330.63 plus shipping
ABS Group Buy Price: $230 shipped within US

Non-ABS MSRP: $300.01 plus shipping
Non-ABS Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

EDIT:
5th gen MSRP: $310
5th gen Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

All kits will be clear lines with silver fittings and include the clutch line.

Group Buy Terms:

• Group buy will run until midnight EST on 12/21/14
  • Ten people are required to obtain this pricing. If more are interested, we'll need another full group of ten.
  • Orders will be placed with Galfer when ten payments are received and will ship direct from Galfer (I will keep you up to date on the build time). Subsequent batch orders will be made in increments of 10.
  • If 12/20/14 comes and goes without enough interest, payments received will be fully refunded.
  • $20 will be donated back to the forum for each order ($200 for each group)!

Thanks!
Nick
www.stoltecmoto.com

Order Roster:

1. dgordon
2. grond1234
3. BTeiger
4. PorradaVFR
5. RRM
6. VFRpwr
7. Northwood
8. Skids
9. wera803
10. bayarearider

11. mk3dub
12. MaxSwell
13. Hawkeye Driver
14. 98curt
15. nick84
16. gmtech94
17. TomP
18. HRCCBR

• Answers 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I suppose it comes down to your mechanical aptitude. Pretty easy to drain and remove the old lines, and installation is pretty straight forward. There are a lot of lines on this bike, so plan to spend a full Saturday if this is your first attempt. As I mentioned earlier, some bleeding tools will assist with purging the air initially.

Ok, thanks. Sounds doable with my limited skills. As I said, I've successfully bled the whole system twice now following the excellent guide on here.

Does the replacement kit include the banjos & seals so that all that needs to be done after draining is unscrew the banjo bolt, remove, replace line & banjo then refill system?

• Member Contributer

I suppose it comes down to your mechanical aptitude. Pretty easy to drain and remove the old lines, and installation is pretty straight forward. There are a lot of lines on this bike, so plan to spend a full Saturday if this is your first attempt. As I mentioned earlier, some bleeding tools will assist with purging the air initially.

Ok, thanks. Sounds doable with my limited skills. As I said, I've successfully bled the whole system twice now following the excellent guide on here.

Does the replacement kit include the banjos & seals so that all that needs to be done after draining is unscrew the banjo bolt, remove, replace line & banjo then refill system?

Yes new everything and there are two areas that are particularly tough,one is at the battery box and then the rear brake upper joint .

Damn damn damn just paid $432 for a full set of Goodrich hoses for my 5th Gen only last week here in the UK!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ask if you can send them back and obtain a refund if still unused and in the box!! Even if you have to pay the return shipping, you'll still save. Most companies have a returns policy of some sort. Over here in Spain you are normally allowed between 15 - 30 days to return/refund no questions asked.

• Member Contributer

Yes new everything and there are two areas that are particularly tough,one is at the battery box and then the rear brake upper joint .
Would have to agree with this. The fronts were pretty straight forward, it was the one line in the back under the battery box that was difficult to get to with a socket/wrench and once the bolt was out it was hard to get the line pulled away from the mounting block. A little "finagling" got it out, but a similar issue getting it put back in, difficult at best but not impossible. However, once everything is back in and tightened up, it's really the same bleeding procedure from there on out.

• Member Contributer

If no one jumps on board by Friday, I'll buy the kit for my personal bike...but I'd rather leave the slot open for another member.

• Member Contributer

Pending Bay's payment (and another member's payment on hold), we're good on the first ten. I have another member who is looking to commit, so that means we're already starting on the second batch. So...there is room for more!

• Member Contributer

Thanks Nick! :beer:

Now, who's got the group buy on speed bleeders?

Woot!

Just awaiting the one of the payments to clear and this first batch will go in. I'll update the thread as I get build time estimates. In the meantime, let's get the second batch coming. I have one maybe and one definite. 8 more to go.

• Member Contributer

I'd like to get in on this for my 2001. I'll need to re-read the thread to figure out the method.

PM sent

• Member Contributer

Update: Orders are placed with Galfer. Will keep everyone apprised of build progress as things move forward.

Also, $200 donated back to the forum. Looks like we still have a ways to go to hit the 2015 operational budget goal...

• Member Contributer

OK, 2/10 confirmed for the second batch and there is approximately one week left!

The first ten are being built now. Galferusa expects to ship early next week. Stay tuned!

OK, 2/10 confirmed for the second batch and there is approximately one week left!

The first ten are being built now. Galferusa expects to ship early next week. Stay tuned!

Bump

Come on all! I am one of those two in the next batch. Need 8 more.

• Member Contributer

Bump

Come on all! I am one of those two in the next batch. Need 8 more.

Actually, you aren't listed as paid in that second batch. If you jump in, we only need 7 more!

Archived