6Th Gen Galfer Brake Line Group Buy

mk3dub

Question

• Member Contributer

Hello everyone,

Just got approval from the moderators to post this, so here goes!

After recently picking up a red 6th gen, Stoltec Moto and Galfer decided to run a special on VFR braided stainless steel brake line kits. This is for forum members only, so please PM me here. As you can see, www.stoltecmoto.com doesn't even list the VFR...

Pricing:

ABS MSRP: $330.63 plus shipping
ABS Group Buy Price: $230 shipped within US

Non-ABS MSRP: $300.01 plus shipping
Non-ABS Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

EDIT:
5th gen MSRP: $310
5th gen Group Buy Price: $200 shipped within US

All kits will be clear lines with silver fittings and include the clutch line.

Group Buy Terms:

• Group buy will run until midnight EST on 12/21/14
  • Ten people are required to obtain this pricing. If more are interested, we'll need another full group of ten.
  • Orders will be placed with Galfer when ten payments are received and will ship direct from Galfer (I will keep you up to date on the build time). Subsequent batch orders will be made in increments of 10.
  • If 12/20/14 comes and goes without enough interest, payments received will be fully refunded.
  • $20 will be donated back to the forum for each order ($200 for each group)!

Thanks!
Nick
www.stoltecmoto.com

Order Roster:

1. dgordon
2. grond1234
3. BTeiger
4. PorradaVFR
5. RRM
6. VFRpwr
7. Northwood
8. Skids
9. wera803
10. bayarearider

11. mk3dub
12. MaxSwell
13. Hawkeye Driver
14. 98curt
15. nick84
16. gmtech94
17. TomP
18. HRCCBR

• Answers 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

As far as I'm aware, neither Spiegler nor Galfer have a comparable fitting. In fact, I've personally only seen such a fitting on the Honda.

Actually Spiegler does a single like OEM. No double stacking of the banjos.

• Member Contributer

As far as I'm aware, neither Spiegler nor Galfer have a comparable fitting. In fact, I've personally only seen such a fitting on the Honda.

Actually Spiegler does a single like OEM. No double stacking of the banjos.

They have a similar fitting (#941), but it isn't exactly correct. They no longer make the VFR kit, and it was for reasons associated with things like this.

Can I get in on this? Which company? What are the connectors on the lines? Stainless? I want these to be on the bike till I die so I do not want aluminum fittings or banjos.

I'm in for speed bleeders also!

2000 VFR800fi

Who do I PM?

• Member Contributer

Can I get in on this? Which company? What are the connectors on the lines? Stainless? I want these to be on the bike till I die so I do not want aluminum fittings or banjos.

2000 VFR800fi

Who do I PM?

Probably not going to happen but either way, if you don't want aluminum banjos, get the HEL brake lines with the standard banjo bolts, as all the pieces are stainless steel. The colored bolts that HEL uses are aluminum. Galfer uses aluminum banjos on their lines.

As far as speed bleeders, they make stainless steel bleeders. You can get them direct from www.speedbleeder.com or try a fellow VFRD member's site and see if he still has them, www.wiremybike.com. Note that you'll want the SB8125-SS units for all the bleed points, except the proportional valve, if memory serves me well that one takes the SB8125LL-SS. Also, the SB8125 has a short nipple and that the SB8125L has a slightly longer nipple and will work just the same, but the longer nipple allows the bleed hose to stay put better. The "LL" version is not only a longer nipple but has a longer overall length required to seat properly in the PCV.

• Member Contributer

Completing a 60k service this weekend and finally getting around to fitting the braided lines & speed bleeders.

One question....is it necessary to remove the fairings to change the lines or does it just make it a bit easier?

2000 VFR800fi

Who do I PM?

Probably not going to happen but either way, if you don't want aluminum banjos, get the HEL brake lines with the standard banjo bolts, as all the pieces are stainless steel. The colored bolts that HEL uses are aluminum. Galfer uses aluminum banjos on their lines.

As far as speed bleeders, they make stainless steel bleeders. You can get them direct from www.speedbleeder.com or try a fellow VFRD member's site and see if he still has them, www.wiremybike.com. Note that you'll want the SB8125-SS units for all the bleed points, except the proportional valve, if memory serves me well that one takes the SB8125LL-SS. Also, the SB8125 has a short nipple and that the SB8125L has a slightly longer nipple and will work just the same, but the longer nipple allows the bleed hose to stay put better. The "LL" version is not only a longer nipple but has a longer overall length required to seat properly in the PCV.

So I bought the galfer kit, with steel fittings and bolts, black hoses. Got the speed bleeders also. My 2000 VFR is a bit apart now fixing a coolant leak from the hose to the wax thingy. Good practice for the hose job. I'll be a two day job looks like. I really dont like the double banjo to the left caliper but I can live with it. I'm not delinking because I have a gsxr1000...

Archived