Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

Not gonna make it this year--it's my youngest daughter high school graduation week.

She is riding the family hand me down Seca 2 now--we plan on heading to Franklin later in the summer....

AL

Well Eric (that'll confuse some people), we're gonna miss your dayglo and roadside repairs, but congrats to your youngest. I'll see that Bryan raises a toast to AL in your absence. :beer:

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna make it this year--it's my youngest daughter high school graduation week.

She is riding the family hand me down Seca 2 now--we plan on heading to Franklin later in the summer....

AL

We'll miss ya, people like you are what make the Tmac so good!

BR

• Member Contributer

Tickets bought and room reserved! I even convinced a buddy of mine to attend, he'll be on a yzf 750, so try not to heckle him too much!

• Member Contributer

I have a room Thursday to Sunday if anyone wants to share expenses...

• Member Contributer

I am bringing various gear with me to sell too. Not my leathers but other gear that is in really good shape. My helmet for example is a 2011 Shoei from the factory at $500. Some I'm selling, some I'm adding to the door prizes, and some I've already given away. Anyway thought I'd add.

I guess I could get off my butt and sign up, since I've already booked the time off work and Monk has a room for me looked after.

Get on it man! :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Joined and booked.

For all you procrastinators, there aren't many rooms left. Maybe 10 in total and some are smoking. So if you want a non-smoking room, you better hurry.

• Member Contributer

I had originally booked a non-smoking room. Since I do smoke, I've talked to Kay and had my res. changed to a smoking room. According to Kay, that frees up one non-smoking room. She implied that this is the last non-smoking room available. Just one more reason to do the deed now. Esp. if you do not smoke.

• Member Contributer

I still have a room to share Thurs - Sunday... non-smoking room

Yeah guys, What Bailey said..

"This is not a Competition or Race and our Lead riders will lead for the entire group, not a "your on your own" attitude.

Safety and fun will be the focus of all group rides, the idea is for everyone to make it home safely and share what a great time they had at the T-Mac. Not who's the fastest rider. Please keep the ego's at home."

Take it easy if your not exremely familar with the roads..

GFU from 129Slayer.com photography (David Norman)

Will be looking to show up for my first TMac - I was on the roads earlier last year (profile pic)... time to chat with the wife!

Look forward to meeting you. Are you riding or trailering down.

Post up or look for members coming from your area to run with.

BR

Trailering just feels wrong... plus I would miss the full beauty and smells of Southern Illinois!

• Member Contributer

Trailering just feels wrong... plus I would miss the full beauty and smells of Southern Illinois!

Gotta save those tires for the good stuff.

• Member Contributer

Me and the Carvers rode up to NY and back for Seb's Catskills weekend. Plenty of tire left even when we got home! On the other hand, the trip home was 1000 miles in chilly rain with a plug in my rear tire. Advantages to both, I suppose...

Me and the Carvers rode up to NY and back for Seb's Catskills weekend. Plenty of tire left even when we got home! On the other hand, the trip home was 1000 miles in chilly rain with a plug in my rear tire. Advantages to both, I suppose...

Indeed - There is something about earning the ride that is tough to put to words. I certainly don't run with gummy track tires and my last run to the Tail of the Dragon and back only slightly flattened the centerline (about 2800 miles round trip). Michelin Pilot 2s. My Dodge Ram would cost tire money X2 down and back!

• Member Contributer

First time, I rode out to Colorado from Cleveland on the bikes. Took 2.5 days essentially. Part of that was my dad dragging anchor since he wasn't used to riding in anything but the most perfect day, and there were steady 20-30 mph winds across the plains. But my tires weren't in all that great shape when I got there, and I wasn't feeling fully either. Next time we trailered out to SumSum. We got there in half the time, and in better condition. On a long trip where it's more than yourself, it pays off. But more power to you if you ride the bike the whole way.

I rode down once. Myself and Burns were waiting for the other to die first so we could eat the carcus. You can see how close to death I was in my first Tmac movie. 12 hours in "Hungry Mother State Park" is like a month atop Everest.

As much as the haulers are bashed for not riding, they are the best thing that ever happened when we need them when a bike stops running.

I rode down a couple years ago - but I took a circuitous route...... Toronto to Toledo, Toledo to Indianapolis, Indy to Robbinsville.

Saw some interesting sights along the way - ranging from blue hairs in Crown Vic's "cruising" past Johne and myself at 95mph in Indy as we were doing 80mph with full luggage..... and young ladies flashing their tops up as we got close to Deals Gap (at one of the bridges that they jump off of to swim).

It was fun riding down - but I don't plan to do it again. The alternative straight shot of 16 hours in the truck with trailer in tow is worth it for piece of mind and the ability to bring salvage wrecks home if need be. But we're not planning to do the wreck thing this year!!! ;)

Archived