Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Member Contributer

I will probably trailer my bike up from Atlanta since I'm planning on bringing my tools and tire changing machine just in case.

Rollin

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum CEO

Well I am bombing to Nashville in 3 days, leaving that Sunday from Colorado and arriving at BR's place Tuesday night and we are heading out a day early on Wed onto Franklin to spend an extra day in the area.

• Member Contributer

I'll be there.

Wouldn't miss it for the world.

This has become my annual retreat and I always have great time.

• Member Contributer

I remember finding this forum just after Tmac 2011, thinking oh man i just missed an awesome event. Now, a year later i am the new kid on the block hoping to be a part of it!

If you guys are half as nice (and fun) in person as you are on the forum, this is going to be a blast!! I'm signed up and paid up, and I suspect I will be packed and waiting by the door by march 1st ;0). It's going to be a long few months..

Planning to trailer from central Florida on Tuesday the 15th and trailer back on Monday the 21st. If anyone wants to ride share or convoy, send me a pm.

• Forum CEO

I was looking at maps - and looking for the Microtel in particular, and found this odd looking track behind the building right next to it! I hope this thing is big enough for a bike!

http://binged.it/A6rYY8

• Member Contributer

I was looking at maps - and looking for the Microtel in particular, and found this odd looking track behind the building right next to it! I hope this thing is big enough for a bike!

http://binged.it/A6rYY8

It's called the 'Fun Factory' and that is a go-cart track on the outside. They have a bunch of stuff on the inside like a bowling alley, laser tag, etc.

Chuck

• Member Contributer

I'm on the fence about heading south this year. Gotta see if I get a tax return (interest free loan to the gub'ment) or if I owe. The kitchen remodel has me pretty well strapped.

I don't think my kids would want me taking their CHonda CRF50 (and I'd have to take the training wheels off)

• Member Contributer

Some copper from DC goaded me into coming (well, ok, it wasn't tough).

I'm in

The 'otel is booked for 17-20. Eventbrite has my reservations. I'll miss my girlfriends birthday again this year.

Wrestler - show me the pool, I'll jump in!

• Member Contributer

What's your excuse Jimmy?

He'd probably get yelled at.

Is that different from a normal weekend?

At this point, it'll be a last minute thing for me... At best. Job has been running me stupid and it's doubtful I'll be able to disappear in May. If not for TMac, I'd like to run down to the dragon sometime this year. I should have some decent comp time built up after budget is over.

I really want to make it but it's not looking so good for this year. Looks like I'll be in classes and they won't let me take leave unless there's a family emergency or something. If the schedule changes I'll let y'all know.

• Member Contributer

Still thinking about it. Working on something right now. I'd like to come down a few days ahead and stay a bit longer. Time off of work isn't the problem though.

I know some of you are contending with winter, but it has mostly skipped us this year. So I took a ride and figured I would snap a shot and give you something to daydream about waiting for TMac to roll around.

Saluda1

• Member Contributer

Do you all typically bring your own tools (just in case), or is there a resident tool bringer. I am already thinking about what to pack! How about bobbles and trinkets for a swap meet or bargin table of sorts? I have some stuff I could bring if it is the norm...

Thx, t-Mac noob.

Do you all typically bring your own tools (just in case), or is there a resident tool bringer. I am already thinking about what to pack! How about bobbles and trinkets for a swap meet or bargin table of sorts? I have some stuff I could bring if it is the norm...

Thx, t-Mac noob.

Several members trailer in and bring tools, tires and some parts so if you needed assistance it's probably already there!

If you have some decent items you care to donate, we'll have an awards banquet where we give away a bunch of goodies, most new!

BR

Several members trailer in and bring tools, tires and some parts so if you needed assistance it's probably already there!

When a part fails, 27 guys literally line up with tools and parts in hand, shove you out of the way and fix the problem. I have seen it and it is impressive.

• Member Contributer

It's funny watching 5 guys change a light bulb on a 5th gen

Archived