Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several members trailer in and bring tools, tires and some parts so if you needed assistance it's probably already there!

When a part fails, 27 guys literally line up with tools and parts in hand, shove you out of the way and fix the problem. I have seen it and it is impressive.

if a guy on a flat black bike does that, he is a bike breaker and is parting your bike out..... :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Some copper from DC goaded me into coming (well, ok, it wasn't tough).

I'm in

The 'otel is booked for 17-20. Eventbrite has my reservations. I'll miss my girlfriends birthday again this year.

Wrestler - show me the pool, I'll jump in!

They''ve got a chick out there right now with a temp gage and a pool heater. They'll have it perfect for ya' Glad you're coming, dawg.

• Member Contributer

It's funny watching 5 guys change a light bulb on a 5th gen

In honour of the upcoming St Patrick's Day.........

How many Irishmen does it take to change a bulb at TMAC?

One to hold the bulb and the other 5 getting reallyreally :beer: :beer: drunk :beer: :beer: and make the room carpark spin .........

I feel a purge coming up..........

I resemble that remark..........

Happy St. Pat's Day... "As you slide down the bannister of life, may the splinters not be going the wrong way".

• Member Contributer

Do you all typically bring your own tools (just in case), or is there a resident tool bringer. I am already thinking about what to pack! How about bobbles and trinkets for a swap meet or bargin table of sorts? I have some stuff I could bring if it is the norm...

Thx, t-Mac noob.

Several members trailer in and bring tools, tires and some parts so if you needed assistance it's probably already there!

If you have some decent items you care to donate, we'll have an awards banquet where we give away a bunch of goodies, most new!

BR

Cool, I have at least 2 Lascar volt meters new in box, and will see what I can get from the mouse house (work)! Let me know if there are any other norms I should prep for. Obviously it appears I will need to buy a round of beers as an initation fee...

• Member Contributer

Do you all typically bring your own tools (just in case), or is there a resident tool bringer. I am already thinking about what to pack! How about bobbles and trinkets for a swap meet or bargin table of sorts? I have some stuff I could bring if it is the norm...

Thx, t-Mac noob.

I usually have us pretty well covered - from basic hand tools, chain breakers, tire changers, spare tires, batteries, chains, stators, R/Rs, air tools/compressor, etc.

. Obviously it appears I will need to buy a round of beers as an initation fee...

Buying a round of beers for 70-80 could get cosly! A twelve pack (per night) will usually do the trick! :tongue:

BR

• Member Contributer

Re: I usually have us pretty well covered - from basic hand tools, chain breakers, tire changers, spare tires, batteries, chains, stators, R/Rs, air tools/compressor, etc.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

I also have some recollection of a carb sync going on with CornerCarver's bike - but maybe that was two years ago? Nonetheless - drinking Mint Julips are a good thing - as long as Keith doesn't make them, and bring lots of flashlights!!!

That was two years ago, when I had my carb sync tool rotated 180 degrees and couldn't figure out why my adjustments were doing funny things :blush:

• Member Contributer

Well guys I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I will be in Romania and Spain for work. I really hate that I won't be able to meet the infamous Dutchy. Y'all have fun without me. I'll be there in spirit since I'm sure I'll be checking VFRD every night to see what new craziness is going on this year. Beware the giant strawberry and the nasty ass honey badger. (Cause neither one of them give a shit!)

• Member Contributer

Well now, my good friend and our VFRD fellow Zoomy, took quite a spill the other day up in Suches (NGA) and totaled his VFR. The bad news is, he has a very black and blue ass and a very bruised ego, as well as was my supposed to be roomie for TMAC.

The good news is, he is well insured, doing fine, and likely to find a good replacement. Maybe he will now join me in the intermediate group instead of trying to live up to his screen name!!!!! LOL Love you buddy, can't wait to see the GOPRO video!

• Member Contributer

Room Booked.....Mitzie and I will be there Saturday Mornin', got Meal Tickets, T-Shirts, spendin' Saturday Night, Leavin' and Headin' back to Middle Tennessee on Sunday Mornin'...LUCKY to get to attend at all this year...looked very, very doubtful for a while........ :tour:

Will be looking to show up for my first TMac - I was on the roads earlier last year (profile pic)... time to chat with the wife!

Will be looking to show up for my first TMac - I was on the roads earlier last year (profile pic)... time to chat with the wife!

Look forward to meeting you. Are you riding or trailering down.

Post up or look for members coming from your area to run with.

BR

Microtel room reserved for the 17th-19th and event registration completed! :smile:

I'm really looking forward to the gathering.

Has anyone else considered following the Blue Ridge Parkway down to the event on Wednesday and Thursday?

Right now I'm tentatively planning to hop on the BRP early Wednesday morning (5/16) at the northern entrance (I-64 at Afton Mountain) and may make a hotel reservation for Wednesday night near or in Asheville, N.C. For Thursday I'll probably follow the BRP all the way (or almost) to Cherokee before heading south for the Microtel in time to arrive that afternoon.

If anyone has similar plans and would be interested in hooking up on the BRP on Wednesday please PM me. I would also consider heading out a day earlier (i.e. on Tuesday.the 15th).

F.y.i. I'll probably keep my cruising speeds on the BRP down to 55 mph (actual/GPS), or less depending on weather and traffic conditions. Note: maximum speed signs along the length of the BRP are limited to 45 mph (or less)..

Carey Thompson ("smoothsailin").

Reservations made! I'm a first timer riding down solo from Harrisburg, PA. Looking foward to the ride and meeting everyone! If anyone else is riding from the north? Send me a pm.

• Member Contributer

Not gonna make it this year--it's my youngest daughter high school graduation week.

She is riding the family hand me down Seca 2 now--we plan on heading to Franklin later in the summer....

AL

• Member Contributer

Weather pending I'll be on the BRP Tuesday, morning. Picking it up around Fancy Gap at I77.

I rode SkyLine drive and the BRP top to bottom back in 09 and it's a blast but there is a 120miles or so from just north of Roanoke to just south of I77 area that will bore the heck out of you. It's flat some what straight and just a bunch of farmers fields. You'll know it when you get too it, it's about 20mins off to I81 of you want to save an hour or so and skip the flat spots.

BRP is a solid 2 day trip if you just ride, but there are some cool things to see so you really want to enjoy it give yourself 3 days.

Reservations made! I'm a first timer riding down solo from Harrisburg, PA. Looking foward to the ride and meeting everyone! If anyone else is riding from the north? Send me a pm.

What day you heading down? I'll be passing you Monday afternoon sometime.

• Member Contributer

Even more murky. Just send in a bunch of job applications. Going to hold out to the last minute in case something happens faster than expected.

Archived