Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ps think I'm heading over for a scouting run Sun, Monday, Tuesday.

Today I rode 28, 107, Ellijay, 281, 178, etc., etc. and they were all clean and good. In fact, I have never seen Ellijay clean before today. Lookin' forward to seeing everybody again.

This time, I must insist on a group photo of both riders and bikes. Lets say Friday at dinner time, prepare to move(or have moved for you) yer bike in to a photogenic display, then, prepare to gather and smile.

I know this is a pain in the ass, but it will be worth it. I would LOVE a group photo at the cross, but that is not feasible or safe, so even if I have to borrow Sebastian's coloured markers, it IS going to happen.

You may stand next to me for the nominal charge of a 5 pack of either PBR or Miller High Life.

That is all.

I've spent the afternoon changing all of the old girls fluids and giving her a naked(her not me) test ride. I may need a new front PR2ct before this trip is over. I know some of you have experience with buying tires in the area. Anyone care to make a suggestion? The front is just at the wear bars (in the center of course). The last few times in the area, I've done about 1200 miles round trip. I don't remember how many miles the tire's been so I'm kinda in the dark.

• Member Contributer

Great to see and ride with you guys yesterday, BBQ was good too!

I'm at the Franklin Microtel trying to tie up loose ends today!

BR

Thanks for all your hard work year after year organizing TMAC events.

• Member Contributer

Great to see and ride with you guys yesterday, BBQ was good too!

I'm at the Franklin Microtel trying to tie up loose ends today!

BR

Damn I wish I saw your posts earlier since I love BBQ and was up riding that area both last weekend and the weekend before. I ended up eating some damn fine BBQ on the way home at a place near Cashiers called the "Carolina Smokehouse" I would definately recommend this place if you happen to be near the Highlands/Cashiers in NC.

Rollin

• Member Contributer

Super news!

as for BBQ, me coming from the culinary wastelands of Holland, any recommendations for BBQ in North Eastern Alabama? Used to have a collegue from AL (who untill the age of 5 thought his name was "Stop Dammit!" :tongue: ) always went on how Alabama was the place for BBQ..... how a BBQ sandwich doesnot include bread? How can it be a sandwich... the minds boggles but i'm set to find out (and tick another State Visited on my map)

I know I know this may end in an oil thread.... :tour:

Mea culpa...

And oh they should be open for lunch on the Monday before TMAC :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Super news!

as for BBQ, me coming from the culinary wastelands of Holland, any recommendations for BBQ in North Eastern Alabama? Used to have a collegue from AL (who untill the age of 5 thought his name was "Stop Dammit!" :tongue: ) always went on how Alabama was the place for BBQ..... how a BBQ sandwich doesnot include bread? How can it be a sandwich... the minds boggles but i'm set to find out (and tick another State Visited on my map)

I know I know this may end in an oil thread.... :tour:

Mea culpa...

And oh they should be open for lunch on the Monday before TMAC :fing02:

You've got a "Visiting-Estill-Springs-and-skuuter-Before-T-Mac" PM Dutchy..... :smile:

• Member Contributer

Well I don't want to come now. Rana Rinata closed their doors!! :(. I just saw them two weeks ago and they said business was slow. I told them to hold on because we were coming!! If you don't remember the name it was the new Italian place several of us went to more than once. It was so good!! Boo!!!!

FINALLY after 5 years of wanting to do this ride, it's done. No vacancies at the Microtel so I booked a room at the Hampton Inn 5 minutes away.

I'll be rolling in on Thursday to ride Friday and the Mrs will come Friday night to ride on Saturday with us. Can't wait to meet you guys and hear all of that beautiful V4 music in the hills.

Just spoke to Candy. Booked solid.

She just told me she found 3 singles open 5 min. ago.

These were recent cancellations.

PM sent!

BR

• Member Contributer

FINALLY after 5 years of wanting to do this ride, it's done. No vacancies at the Microtel so I booked a room at the Hampton Inn 5 minutes away.

I'll be rolling in on Thursday to ride Friday and the Mrs will come Friday night to ride on Saturday with us. Can't wait to meet you guys and hear all of that beautiful V4 music in the hills.

I may ride up or I should say down with you depending on the weather if it not raining all already be there.

OK, I've rented 70 Chairs for the event so that we can continue our tradition of hanging out in the parking lot telling lies over drinks!

But they won't be delivered until Thursday morning around 10am so you early arrivals will be out of luck till then! :tongue:

BR

Since getting my first VFR in 06 and putting 70K miles on her and another 10K on the 1200, I estimate that I've made 35-50 trips into these hills while living in Atlanta and Knoxville and I can tell you that short of diving into a pool of naked women, it just does not get any better. A nice break between Franklin and Dahlonega is in Blue Ridge.

I'm sure that you guys in N. Ga know about the public beach on Lake Blue Ridge. It's a GREAT place to get off the saddle for a few minutes and it's right off of Hwy 60 on the way to Suches. They've got full facilities too. When it's hot, getting out of the leathers for a bit and getting in the lake is a great recharger.

Lake Santeetlah also has a great beach and it's right between Robbinsville and Deals Gap.

I actually feel bad for the folks that don't have these wonderful roads right in their backyards. :tongue: ABSOLUTELY pumped to be attending my first TMAC.

Archived