Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

The supplied breakfast(highlights)is a waffle maker(Belgum),bagels w/creamcheese and other stuff,chooses of cereals,fruit,muffins,coffee and a bunch of other stuff.

Last night I walked over to "The Huddle House"(1st time).... lot's of good food kind of like a Waffle House(good).

The staff is frendly here. I'm don't "think" there is a supply of bike towels(but haven't asked yet).

Yeah the Continental Breakfast should make the mornings go quicker and get the rides started on time easier.

I figure many of us will go to Fatz as a semi group Friday night for dinner.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Hello Monk, what room are u in?

Rode the brp down from little switserland. Here a few images of what I saw along the way:

Yes a great white out!!!!!!!

Contemplating where to spend the night, i looked on the map, saw Highlands but that is near Franklin.....

So here I am with Gradus' VFR

post-8974-0-61050700-1336945912.jpg

• Member Contributer

And yes Gradus I since found the sweet spot.......

• Member Contributer

For you guys trying to call me, send me a pm ans I will forward the correct phone number. I got fired the end of January and you are calling my old company cell phone.

And I can imagine the messages. :-)

• Member Contributer

Okay - not only did Adam total his bike and doesn't have a replacement yet but now I approach the weekend you have all been planning for months and I think I may be able to make time to come up for at least a day or two.

Any GA riders looking to get out for a day or two, Saturday to Sunday? If so let me know and I will try and put something together. I would hate for you all not to get to meet or ride with me during the greatest event of the year when I'm only 1.5 hours away....... =)

And by the way - looks like the lack of hotels, we may be roughing it.....

The supplied breakfast(highlights)is a waffle maker(Belgum),bagels w/creamcheese and other stuff,chooses of cereals,fruit,muffins,coffee and a bunch of other stuff.

Last night I walked over to "The Huddle House"(1st time).... lot's of good food kind of like a Waffle House(good).

The staff is frendly here. I'm don't "think" there is a supply of bike towels(but haven't asked yet).

Yeah the Continental Breakfast should make the mornings go quicker and get the rides started on time easier.

I figure many of us will go to Fatz as a semi group Friday night for dinner.

Fatz is pretty good. They had one in Easley, SC where my parents used to live. Good ribs, beer, ect....Imagine upgraded Applebees...

Yes a great white out!!!!!!!

Owww, that sucks. Still you can colour me jealous. Very generous of Gradus lending you his bike :fing02: Have fun, and that goes for all that will attend TMac.

11 days before I head to Germany for a couple of days riding twisties.

BillyJackJimBob just booked a room in the Microtel for Friday and Saturday! Can't wait to see everyone!!

Outstanding! It'll be good to see you again. Although I promised myself I would never again ride behind a 6th gen with a fully gutted exhaust because they just don't make earplugs that good. I know, I know it was lost in a glorious pyrotechnic display. But it is a TMac memory nonetheless.

Dutchy and I went to Fats last night, I had just finished eating(19;30) and met Dutchy in the lobby of the Mic' so we went back over to Fats and had some drinks while he had a healthy salad and drink.......... talked about his trip over and down the BRPW..........Then went to his room for some more conversation and single malt........ That's when the conversation picked up a beat.....Great guy........It's been raining pretty good until today, which is cleared up at this point, and I am going riding, Dutchy had some other places to go and will be back here Wed.

• Member Contributer

Don't worry, although I have threatened to gut my OEM pipes just for the TMAC events, I still have the sweet Microns. And I'll probably be riding sweep (if needed) for one of the less aggressive groups as I'll be two up. Mrs. BillyJackJimBob is making the trip as well. Her name is Carri, but we'll call her SharronGene for the weekend. ;)

• Member Contributer

For you guys trying to call me, send me a pm ans I will forward the correct phone number. I got fired the end of January and you are calling my old company cell phone.

And I can imagine the messages. :-)

I can imagine the drunken messages that will be left on that phone come Sat night..................

• Member Contributer

The Carver Crew (Southwest Atlanta contingent) are firming up plans for our Tuesday morning departure. I guess I. Should strap the EZ up and a few chairs, maybe fit the clothes in with MiniCarver.

KevCarver is ready as well.....

I live in SW Atlanta and I have never seen your crew in my area. Did I miss the memo? Not to worry. I can go til Wednesday afternoon. See you there CC

....It's been raining pretty good until today, which is cleared up at this point, and I am going riding, Dutchy had some other places to go and will be back here Wed.

Sorry guys, but I had to make a deal with the Big Guy, to have good weather for the official event it had to rain prior to it! :tongue:

Dutchy, it's cool you got to rent a VFR, didn't think that was a possibility. :smile:

• Member Contributer

HEY! I just got a room thanks to a cancellation! See ya'll Thursday! I think they have have 1 more available if needed

Archived