Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Member Contributer

Here's a Good news/Bad news kind of deal... Bad news, My shoulder isn't going to be ready for 2,000 miles of riding this week. Man, I'm seriously bummed. I was really looking forward to my first TMAC and riding over with BR & HS would have been epic!

Good news, I just canceled at the Microtel so there is a room available for someone who can make it!!! :smile:

Everyone ride safe and have a GREAT time!!!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from riding 28 to the Dragon and to the far end of the Dragon and back to the Microtel......... The road is clear of any wash-outs or other crap on the road, nothing in the turns.

There was one tree about the size of a baseball batt blocking the north lane on 28 near the Dragon........ It's on a straight stretch but not long enough for me to stop safely to try and move it...........Just saying be on the look-out.....

• Member Contributer

The Carver Crew (Southwest Atlanta contingent) are firming up plans for our Tuesday morning departure. I guess I. Should strap the EZ up and a few chairs, maybe fit the clothes in with MiniCarver.

KevCarver is ready as well.....

I live in SW Atlanta and I have never seen your crew in my area. Did I miss the memo? Not to worry. I can go til Wednesday afternoon. See you there CC

Wrestler we haven't ridden together since that December ride down to Pine Mountain a few years when i had to help bump start the bike that had the lights left on after lunch...nothing to keep us from getting together again at TxMac (and after in the area for a ride).

• Member Contributer

Renting? As posted, the award for kindest vfrd member goes to Gradus...The bike is furnised by gradus, who gave me the keys for the week. Cheers pal!</p>

post-8974-0-23313700-1337045659.jpg

• Member Contributer

Saw 3 vfrs on route 5 heading north in GA, I was heading south ......

Just after

post-8974-0-80173200-1337046193.jpg

post-8974-0-01131700-1337046222.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hope you guys are staying dry! Flash flood warnings here but I'm 4 hours away.

The Nicole crew will be arriving sometime on Wed. I say 'crew' because I accidentally adopted 2 puppies Sunday. Oops. My older dog is rather ticked at me right now but I think she's warming up! Good thing we have the entire hotel! HA!!! My son named his pup Lucy in honor of Lucy! :) That's my boy.

Be safe!!

Trying to finish up on the last of the registrations and name tags I'm dealing with on this side. Looking forward to see HS roll in tomorrow.

BR

• Member Contributer

My schedule just freed up...so I just signed up. I will be "commuting" from Knoxville so i will run the Dragon and 28 while you guys are drooling on your pillows and drinking beer. Oh the sacrifices I make.

Sorry for the last minute sign-up BR

KEB

• Member Contributer

My schedule just freed up...so I just signed up. I will be "commuting" from Knoxville so i will run the Dragon and 28 while you guys are drooling on your pillows and drinking beer. Oh the sacrifices I make.

Sorry for the last minute sign-up BR

KEB

I'll be at DEALs GAP at 4:00 pm today if you want to convoy to Franklin. They will be others also.

• Member Contributer

Looking like my wife won't be able to take Friday off from work, so we will trailer down Friday night. Probably looking at around Midnight ETA. Little bit bummed about losing Friday but we can't wait to see everyone when we get there.

Regrettably, I have more pressing matters that require my attention and I will not be able to attend. I have just cancelled a single non-smoking room for Wednesday thru Saturday if anybody is still looking. Ride safely and perhaps I will see some of you in the fall.

Bikes finally ready with my read tire coming in today at 12noon! :huh:

HS should be rolling in any minute and we have a New route over planned in the AM. Guessing we'll be getting to the Microtel between 4-6 pm so don't drink all the cold beer, we'll be thirsty!

People Keep signing up!!! Trying to keep up with the paperwork and I have no more XL tee's left after today's 3 sign-ups.

That's 75 so far! :ohmy:

Sorry for the last minute cancellations from a few of you, we'll miss ya!

BR

• Member Contributer

Use my t-shirt for one of the new sign-ups if you haven't already. You might set a new record attendance this year. Must be cause Dutchy is in town. :laugh:

Regrettably, I have more pressing matters that require my attention and I will not be able to attend.

Damn sorry to hear that, Bill. Next Fall indeed.

• Member Contributer

Well last year work screwed me over and i couldn't get a day off. This year, my one day off during the weekend i get screwed over by family. FML You guys/gals have a fun one!

Will it ever stop!!!!!!!!!!

2 more sign-ups tonight bringing it to 77! :ohmy:

BTW HS made it safely and is sleeping, see you'all tomorrow!

BR

Archived