Official TEXASMAC 2012 Event Thread, May 17th-20th

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Looks like we have at least 43 attending so far, so I guess i won't cancel the event! :laugh:

Aw man. I already had three routes for the bourbon ride set up. Gotta spread your bet to find the good whiskeys tours ya know. :goofy:

Looks like we have at least 43 attending so far, so I guess i won't cancel the event! :laugh:

BR

Funny, we have more rooms rented than attendees??? :ph34r:

Come on you son of guns, sign up if your attending so I can start to figure out what and how many of everything we need for the event. :pissed:

BR

• Member Contributer

Looks like if the Microtel fills up and people still need a room, the closest place would be our old haunt - the Franklin inn?

Franklin Inn is closed... :-(

Go to their website: http://ronhaven.com/p13/, it says they are closed. What a shame.

• Member Contributer

OK kids, we have 43 people registered, but 57 rooms reserved! The math doesn't work here, wtf????

I'm registered, but haven't had a chance to reserve a room yet, so I'm skewing the numbers even more...

I was in Franklin last weekend, and the Franklin Motel is indeed closed, something about bank owned/repo'd on the sign.

• Member Contributer

Mike Off Bike just booked a hotel room for TMAC on Friday and Saturday night. It sounds like I just took the 58th room and they only have 61 rooms. Better hurry if you need one!!

I'm still without a bike and recovering from my accident in November, so the wife (Sandi) and I will be arriving by car on Friday afternoon. I also registered on the event page for my T-shirt (hope it has a motorcycle picture on it this year) and for the dinner Saturday night for the two of us. I'm looking forward to hanging out and drinking a few beers with you guys!

First-timer. Registered and booked. I'm looking forward to riding with and meeting other VFR owners and my wife is taking in the antique shops and rummage sales in the area. :smile:

• Member Contributer

Booked and registered... I am so STOKED!!! It'll be my first TMAC so be gentle :goofy:

There are only 2 rooms left at the Microtel, I got a 2 queen smoker so if anyone enjoys burning 'em and has a non-smoking room reserved I'd be happy to switch... I'll make it worth your while and buy you a few beers!

:beer:

Anyone heading to TMAC from the Midwest St Louis area? I'm planning on slabbing it to Nashville then taking some of TN fine back roads to Franklin. Any suggestions on TN back roads to take to the mountains?

:wheel:

Guest SN00PY

IRONMAN & I are in!!!!

The lady I spoke to 5 minutes ago said there were 2 rooms left and we just took one of them!!!

See you all there!!!!

• Member Contributer

Just signed up MiniCarver and myself on eventbrite and reserved a room. They offered a choice of rooms Queen or Queen with a sleeper sofa so the room count must not be quite right....some of you guys in the past have passed on the sign up fee as you already have enough tee's to change your oil in but the fee goes to other stuff so you should register for the event as well.

now where did i put my red and black socks and my flip flops.....

• Member Contributer

Rats!! :pissed:

Job or Tmac? Job or Tmac? Job or Tmac? I hate having to be responsible.

Where's your dedication man??? Tmac of course! :tongue:

correct! Dutchies need to stick together!!!! :tour:

Yeah, I'm torn like an old sweater. Certainly, I would prefer meeting the "world-famous" Dutchy along with getting some pictures of Timmy aggravating Nicole. :laugh:

DTCH9655.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a Microtel room booked for Friday and Saturday nights, and I will give it up to the first person who wants it. Send me a private message and we'll call the hotel and do the name change. My grandma lives about 20 minutes from the hotel, so I can sleep there for free. I'll still hang out with you guys on Friday and Saturday nights, but I'm sure there are others who need the room more than me.

• Member Contributer

KramBonz BBQ

Got another lunch option in Tellico Plains for anyone interested. Good little BBQ place across the street from Tellicafe and Hardees in that little shopping center with the Subway on 68. Not sure if it was around last year, just tried it for the first time earlier this year and again this past weekend.
(They do take credit cards for those of us who rarely carry cash, especially on the bike. Not AmEx, though)

• Member Contributer

I just released my hotel room - so there is one room available for Friday night and Saturday night for the first person who calls the hotel. I think there are some riders that still need the room. I'm going to stay at grandma's house and I'll still come hang with you guys both nights.

• Member Contributer

The back is a close up of Kevin's face.

And the front is a close up of the back of my head which is still hair unlike many other attendees! :tongue:

Hey, I resemble that remark! The upside is I don't have to see it. :smile:

If any of you are on the fence about attending, get your finger out and sign up. Where else are you going to find family entertainment like this:

DTCH9666.jpg

Archived