• Aftermarket front cowl/headlight
    • Different colors
    • Add Heated Grips/gear
    • Add accessory power outlet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Having always had hard bags on previous VFRs, luggage would be the 1st thing I made sure this bike had.

VFRMike.

My first thought was "Nothing - I've spent too much time/money/sweat feedleen around with my current VFR!"

But then I had another look at your list, and decided that despite it never really getting very cold here, I love my heated grips, as they allow me to wear thin gloves year round.

Trouble is, I think that might just be the tip of the iceberg, so to speak, and once the farkling started, I'd be on a slippery slope to doom. :warranty:

However - it ain't gonna happen. They're NZ$28K here, so it's well out of my budget.

• Member Contributer

Tank.....280km just does not cut it for me. I hate stopping for gas, its bad enought now I have to get fuel everyday when riding to work in the nice weather. But having to stop once I get to work, because the range is short and I can't make a round trip for work adn get home on one tank is a show stopper for me. And that fact my 07VFR is still doing what I need it to do, I think I'll stick with it for a few more years smile.gif

1-- I'd go with exhaust too. I'd hope Remus would make an under tail dual exhaust like on the 6th Gen. That would be sweet. If not an aftermarket can on the side.

2-- Center stand, it should come stock, they left it off to keep weight down a little. Center stands are very handy to have.

3-- The next thing would be for a flat black color to match my 2004.

4-- Changing to a larger tank sounds good, but I doubt anybody is making an aftermarket tank so a change seems out of the question for now.

I think I'd wait to see what the touring version (if any) looks like.

:comp13:

• Member Contributer

Definitely the larger fuel tank. A major component of Sport Touring is, obviously, the touring. The greater the range the better.

And while I'm not a big fan of the aesthetics of that can hanging off the right side, exhaust would be secondary to a greater fuel supply.

• Member Contributer

I didn't vote because I wanted to select 7 out of the ten options....I sat on one in Chicago this weekend at the Cycle World show, and I just DO NOT like it....plus it's way too expensive. If I had the $16k to spend on a sport touring bike...the Kaw concours 14 would be my preference. You just get MORE for the money!... :comp13:

I like the bike in general and not looking for a sports touring bike however if I happened upon one the exhaust can is so repulsive it would be in the trash by sunset.

Does it have a rear cowl?The seat looks like a after market might be a good choice.All in all I like it. wheel.gif

• Member Contributer

If I had the $16k to spend on a sport touring bike...the Kaw concours 14 would be my preference. You just get MORE for the money!... :comp13:

False economy in my view. You'd still have a Kawasaki. :ph34r:

I chose the exhaust also. I don't think it looks that bad but it could look better. A different tank is pie in the sky as it's just not possible i.e. a different one doesn't exist to upgrade to, and everything else on the list you could buy with the bike if you wanted to. That's my reasoning!

I still can't believe a group of engineers would build a 'touring' bike and give it a range of under 300 kilometres - that just makes no sense at all.

Bigger fuel tank. Otherwise, I really like the bike.

• Member Contributer

oh by ..this is easy! the whole freaking body and exhaust!!!!!

then the shocks..and...

i would find out who make the stunning rc45 carbon body and add it the 1200

oh wait.. just give me the motor....

• Member Contributer

If I owned one, the first thing I'd upgrade is the Tank. I say that because I'd make sure it came with heated grips, luggage, and pretty much all the other available options. That is of course if I had a spare $30K to spend on a bike(Canadian, and tax).

When I'm touring I seem to keep reeling in around 375KM/tank on the 02. 400+ on several occasions (with some VTEC use too). Cutting that in half, I would have to stop twice getting to my cottage and back. And that's like 10 minutes of inconvenience! :rolleyes:

:angry:

But seriously, a bigger tank couldn't be a bad thing. Other than the Center of Gravity... Shouldn't make that much of a difference though. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

I'm hoping that Honda makes an upgrade in the near future.

I don't understand why they gave this otherwise technologically advanced specimen such lame brakes. Why didn't they equip the VFR1200 with the same finely-tuned system found on their newer sportbikes?

• Member Contributer

1) Convert it to belt drive...

2) Marchesini magnesium wheels...

3) BrakeTech Ceramic Comsposite Rotors...

4) Brembo billet calipers...

5) Brembo radial master cylinders...

6) Quick throttle...

7) Radar Detector...

8) Satellite radio...

9) Pireilli Super Corsa SP...

10) Temper Foam Seat...

11) Titanium exhaust with carbon can...

12) Ohlins forks and shock...

• Member Contributer

EXHAUST.

+1.gif the OEM can is so ugly it would make children in the street weep!

If I keep my choices realistic - then I'd go for Honda's low seat option. I liked the shape better when I sat on it at the NYC show.

After that, I'd be testing out the reach of the peg feelers, so making sure the suspension is tuned for me would be next, along with a nice set of tires. Then ride the thing and figure what to do next, cuz ya know, it never ends... !

Archived