That looks nice! :beer:

Looking forward to Rob's RC paint scheme too.. :wheel:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum CEO

well, maybe get rid of the eyeliner, but here's a quickie by me

4305112579_07da767484_o.png

Definitly has a house of the rising sun flair too it, unmistakenly Japanese! I kind of like it. I like the triple racing strips some Mustangs have with a 4 inch wide strip and two 1/4 inch strips along both sides looks classic to me - Tank, front fender, rear cowl, and rear fender. I was thinking about a vfrdisscussion.com graphic somewhere too! Bold the whole thing with perhaps vfrd in big letters above it. I dont know.

• Forum CEO

Definitely put a VFRD on there someplace!

There was a member here named Scooter from Texas who did a black race stripe on his vtec, I really liked how it came out. Somthing like that but white and with the two side details on either side of the stripe. He ended up getting a Duc I think and abandoned his vtec, stopped comming here. He was a charactor to say the least.

• Member Contributer

So, HS' why would you want to repaint "Old Faithful" when you have a brand spanking new one coming?!? :blink: :goofy:

Ok, c'mon people, don't tell me that nobody has thought of that one!!! I was just the first one to write it, is all!! But I meant it as a joke, so don't shoot me---not yet anyway... :ph34r:

C

• Member Contributer

I don't know why the Starsky and Hutch car comes to mind. :biggrin:

I tried but it doesn't really work on a bike so I turned it around. Now HS can get royalties from Nike. :goofy:

HSNike.jpg

• Member Contributer

That is your basic European RC51, AKA VTR1000SP2 stock paintjob.

But it's definetly going to look nice on my bike when finished.

Here is someone else's 5th gen done to look like an SP2 (photo courtesy of Sebspeed):

nicepaint.jpg

:biggrin::wub::goofy::wub::wheel::wub::wheel::wub::wheel:

• Member Contributer

That is your basic European RC51, AKA VTR1000SP2 stock paintjob.

But it's definetly going to look nice on my bike when finished.

Here is someone else's 5th gen done to look like an SP2 (photo courtesy of Sebspeed):

nicepaint.jpg

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I suppose that's better than fwap fwap fwap fwap fwap... but, what you do in your own time, meh - who am I to judge. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Since Miguel is going to be keeping his 5th gen and sprucing it up, and has already noted he is not really that interested in the new VFR1200, I suggest we re-allocate the funds people said they would be willing to donate for that to get him something to really give the old girl some wind under her skirt:

TOROCHARGER

:fing02:

Need some custom decals done up HS??

I did these up at work the other month on the sly for my 5th gen... they would have to go under the clearcoat... (the vinyl and pigment quality we use at work wouldn't withstand just being stuck on top, as our applications are short term)...

This would be one way of my returning the favour of you providing me with VFRD.

cimg4965t.jpg

I would just need a vectorized copy of your design and dimensions. (Nothing over say 40x20 cm although I can do something larger in sections)

cimg4966e.jpg

• Member Contributer

Need some custom decals done up HS??

I did these up at work the other month on the sly for my 5th gen... they would have to go under the clearcoat... (the vinyl and pigment quality we use at work wouldn't withstand just being stuck on top, as our applications are short term)...

This would be one way of my returning the favour of you providing me with VFRD.

cimg4965t.jpg

I would just need a vectorized copy of your design and dimensions. (Nothing over say 40x20 cm although I can do something larger in sections)

cimg4966e.jpg

Ooo ooooo ooo oooo!!!! I need some!!! PM me, my Spanish-bruthah-from-anothah-muthah, with a price to get some delivered stateside to 17319.

• Member Contributer

I know a few guys who paint their own, and whose bikes look absolutely terrific. They tell stories of setting up paint booths, heat lamps, wet sanding over and over with this grit and that grit, using buffers, etc. Tedious! But their results are awesome, until they neglect the waxing and polishing for a little while, or spill gasoline on them, at which point they look pretty bad. Meanwhile the stock paint holds up very well even without all that regular waxing and polishing. Is it possible to get anywhere near the finish you find on stock paint, in custom colors? Would I get a good quality finish if I took the bodywork off and dropped it off at an auto body shop to have it professionally sprayed? And if I had it professionally done, say I chose something simple, like the tangerine bike up thread, how much should I expect to spend?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum CEO

Well I started repairing the fairings where I went down this last summer and I also plastic welded on a new tab for my rear cowl, I must say there were a lot of deep scratches and the welder sort of went to town on the rear cowl.

Archived