Repainting my bike

HispanicSlammer

• Forum CEO

I have some damage to the tank and plastics, the front cowl is just wind blown and lost its luster, missing a chunk, the side fairings are cracked from a crash this last summer. I will proabably just repair the parts and have it painted. I have a set of new wheels I will get powder coated white. Red and white bike with a white racing stripe down the middle. Maybe a vfrd graphic on the side fairing?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wall_sp2_avant.jpg

The one bike I keep kicking myself in the ass for not buying one when I had the coins. BTW - I appreciate the pic, it will be a great help in installing the SP-2 front end on my VFR.

now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I'm going to weigh in with Dutchy - Tangerine is just off the hook! That said, a brilliant pearlescent white with silver accents and a red VFRD logo would be righteous as well - the red stripe, hmmm, dunno 'bout that. Beware the Maryland flat black Popo Patrol... :warranty:

Here's an Idea for you, find me a set of paint-able bodywork and what design & colors buy the materials and I'll shoot a set for you and we can slap it on in May! :ph34r:

Well, there's a handful of members here that paint - how about you do the prep work then take a ride somewhere for a clean & spray? :ph34r:

if your saying that you have a place to spray by you I will help and I can provide the material for our friend HS

Just my opinion but I think a oroer VFR should be red, just like a proper Ferari is red. I couldnt do whit wheels. I would go wih gloss black powdercoat.

• Member Contributer

Am I as predictable as Timmy? :blink:

YES

:goofy:

Thought so. :ph34r: When I get my hands on a 5th gen, it'll be painted to look similar to this:

5th_gen_rwb.jpg

• Member Contributer

When you say, "Red and white bike with a white racing stripe down the middle.", I assume you are talking upper fairing, tank, and tale?

• Forum CEO

Just my opinion but I think a oroer VFR should be red, just like a proper Ferari is red. I couldnt do whit wheels. I would go wih gloss black powdercoat.

They say that if the first and last letter are correct anybody can read the words in a sentance. I am going to keep the Red, but instead of black trim on the honda wing, white, and white powder coated wheels. Somthing about white wheels I like. I have a second set now so I am gonna do it up. I found a good powder coater here in town. They also do paint so I might just have them do the whole thing. White racing stripe down the middle!

• Member Contributer

Sounds good I would do the paint for you if I was closer .You might try adding another thin stripe along side of the middle stripe either white or contrasting colour to edge the larger stripe .Gold white ,black maybe .

• Member Contributer

Gotcha. This is a quickie of what popped in my head,..... (W/white rims of course.)

gallery_2922_262_106057.jpg

pnt.jpg

• Member Contributer

wall_sp2_avant.jpg

HEY, I got dibs on that paintjob!!!!

As soon as I get the hard parts bolted to my bike next week, the fairings are going to be sent off for this exact scheme.

This is by far the best 5th gen (it is 5, right?) looking VFR I have seen yet! Wow!!

c

• Member Contributer

They say that if the first and last letter are correct anybody can read the words in a sentance. I am going to keep the Red, but instead of black trim on the honda wing, white, and white powder coated wheels. Somthing about white wheels I like. I have a second set now so I am gonna do it up. I found a good powder coater here in town. They also do paint so I might just have them do the whole thing. White racing stripe down the middle!

Nt t gt tchncl r nthng bt cnsnnts r th mst mprtnt sgmnts n sntncs. You can Scr*w up vowels all you want.

c

wall_sp2_avant.jpg

HEY, I got dibs on that paintjob!!!!

As soon as I get the hard parts bolted to my bike next week, the fairings are going to be sent off for this exact scheme.

This is by far the best 5th gen (it is 5, right?) looking VFR I have seen yet! Wow!!

c

That is your basic European RC51, AKA VTR1000SP2 stock paintjob.

But it's definetly going to look nice on my bike when finished.

Here is someone else's 5th gen done to look like an SP2 (photo courtesy of Sebspeed):

nicepaint.jpg

Archived