Leaf Watching On The Dragon

• Member Contributer

Nice little video for you leaf watchers. This is what is referred to as a nice leisurely pace .

Dragon was deserted but Q3's rear chicken strips are gone .

Enjoy .

I thought I felt Rossi kicking me a couple times. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Nice ride, put a smile on my face. Been years since I was out there, unfortunately it was in a 3/4 ton pickup truck. Visor up even, getting a bit cool out this way.

• Member Contributer

Wow Switchblade, fancy letting your mum ride your bike. Shes pretty good. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Very cool video Switchblade. Some day, some day, I must make my way to your door and see if you would be so willing as to give me a personal tour. We certainly have our fair share of twisty roads here in the Okanagan Valley of BC, but nothing quite comes close. I think that's the first time I've watched a video of the ride from end to end. AMAZING.

How many times have you done that road?? IIRC, you live fairly close and can ride it frequently so I'm sure you have nearly every corner burned into brain and it might be like second nature now. LOL.

My son Liam was watching beside me as we had the video playing on the BIG screen (we played it on the 46" HDTV) and he was wondering when we could drive that road. His understanding of geography is bit limited at 8 years old and has trouble realizing the distance required to get TO the Dragon, but some day I told him........................some day.

• Member Contributer

Very cool video Switchblade. Some day, some day, I must make my way to your door and see if you would be so willing as to give me a personal tour. We certainly have our fair share of twisty roads here in the Okanagan Valley of BC, but nothing quite comes close. I think that's the first time I've watched a video of the ride from end to end. AMAZING.

How many times have you done that road?? IIRC, you live fairly close and can ride it frequently so I'm sure you have nearly every corner burned into brain and it might be like second nature now. LOL.

My son Liam was watching beside me as we had the video playing on the BIG screen (we played it on the 46" HDTV) and he was wondering when we could drive that road. His understanding of geography is bit limited at 8 years old and has trouble realizing the distance required to get TO the Dragon, but some day I told him........................some day.

On a motorcycle for 39 years. If you make it down I would be glad tour you around.

Nice colorful, curvy leaves! Thanks for sharing!

When are you returning ?

• Member Contributer

Great video! My favourite kind: No music except that of the engine. A lot more exciting than what I first thought:

2013-nissan-leaf-photos-and-info-news-ca

Watching a Nissan Leaf do the Dragon. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Nice video. Looks like good fortune with the traffic - the cars all seemed to be going the opposite direction. This would be good instruction for noob riders - riding the pace - almost never on the brakes - one smooth transition in to the next. Rinse and repeat. No wonder you like that road so much! Thanks for sharing.

• Member Contributer

Nice vid Switch. Have you got the whole thing memorized? I'd think that, theoretically, if all traffic was kept off for the duration of your ride, you could ride that road blindfolded.

That machine on that road spends very little time straight up and down. :)

• Member Contributer

Nice vid Switch. Have you got the whole thing memorized? I'd think that, theoretically, if all traffic was kept off for the duration of your ride, you could ride that road blindfolded.

That machine on that road spends very little time straight up and down. :)

Somebody posted about being in the "zone" thats what it feels like sometimes. Just you have to be careful because your not the only one on the road.

• Member Contributer

Watched the video got going pretty good there. Nice rythm in the tight stuff.

Thanks Miguel, a little slow the Q3's are toast .

Only on the sides . . . ?

• Member Contributer

Must have been the kicks that sent you over the DY

Fortunately those are optional as long as no one is coming the other way...

Nice run Buddy!

Which way do you prefer... heading East or West?

• 3 months later...

Nice run, I was there for my first time only a few days prior to you posting this on my 94. The dragon was definitely pretty and it was a great ride even though it was in fall with it being in the 70's that week.

• Member Contributer

Watched the video got going pretty good there. Nice rythm in the tight stuff.

Thanks Miguel, a little slow the Q3's are toast .

Only on the sides . . . ?

Yep ..

• Member Contributer

Are the po po still blitzing the place or trying to slow it down like they did a few years ago? Doesn't look like it. The not so esteemed Gov. Bredeson of Tennessee decided he was going to eliminate the fun through a TSP blitzkrieg. It didn't work apparently.

• Member Contributer

Are the po po still blitzing the place or trying to slow it down like they did a few years ago? Doesn't look like it. The not so esteemed Gov. Bredeson of Tennessee decided he was going to eliminate the fun through a TSP blitzkrieg. It didn't work apparently.

Kimball talk to one of the State Highway patrolmen a couple of weeks ago and he told him the State would be there everyday this year , not sure on how the state got him to stop and talk but that is another story.

Archived