Wrapped My Vfr

Hotshoe1200

I have been wanting to customize my bike since last summer. Thought about paint, but wrapping was quick, probably comparable in cost and I had a chance to design some of it myself (see the front fairing!) I'm loving the final look.

post-30581-0-04191400-1429923991.jpg

post-30581-0-65170400-1429923996.jpg

post-30581-0-28955900-1429924001.jpg

post-30581-0-93690200-1429924005.jpg

post-30581-0-78413600-1429924010.jpg

post-30581-0-23992200-1429924015.jpg

post-30581-0-88352300-1429924018.jpg

post-30581-0-51930600-1429924022.jpg

post-30581-0-82271100-1429924026.jpg

• Member Contributer

Wow you got skills! I have been looking at a paint or vinyl job and was told by a vinyl "expert" there were too many angles on the bike to do a good job. I'll forward him your pics and tell him to get some schooling.

Sent from my cerebellum using Tapatalk

The Captain would only ride my VFR when he wants to get there fast. He rides HDs when he wants to throw them at the enemy.

You'll note that it's not a solid wrap on the tank. Everywhere you see red is the actual plastic. I have seen a thread where a guy wrapped his VFR with carbon fiber-look vinyl and his bike looked great. I think it's possible!

• Member Contributer

Pretty sure Capt America would ride a VICTORY! ........That layout is way over the top for me but I gotta hand it to you on design and finish. Very well done!

• Member Contributer

If that doesn't get you an invite to the premiere nothing will... very creative and skillfull

1. How much $ to do this?

2. Does it take training?

3. Could I do mine in pieces easily?

4. How long will this last?

My fairings on my 1999 are fading to hell and I need to do something that isn;t expensive and looks cool instead of homemade and I don;t know much about painting...

I could paint it, is that hard?

VFRfix, I don't think that vinyl wrap is very expensive and I hear that it's not hard to do if you aren't using a pattern or anything you have to match. What you'll pay for is design and labor. There was a guy on this forum who did his in a carbon fiber look vinyl and it was awesome. Very stealthy! I'll try to insert the image here:

Argh, it won't paste. And I don't even know how I got those images in my original post. I don't think it's that hard and our bikes don't have huge areas to cover so it's not as difficult as, say, a car would be. You clean the surface, peel off the backing and use heat and a plastic squeegee to smooth it over the plastic.

I think wrapping the fading fairings on your bike would be awesome! I'll try to get that carbon fiber pic into my gallery so you can see what I mean.

carbonfiberwrap

Remember, everywhere you see red on my bike is the original plastic. It didn't make sense to cover red with red. The carbon fiber wrap covers the entire tank though and I think that turned out great.

I fricken love it! You need to go get some high resolution staged shots with an urban background. That would be awesome for a wallpaper!

I think the "On your Left" is my favorite part!

• 2 weeks later...

To complete the look, and you have NOT gone halfway, you have to ride with Cap's shield slung on your back - careful walking through doorways to pay for gas!

• Member Contributer

Very well done. Congrats!

Is that a bat mobile picking from your garage?

Bet that Hollywood would rather give Captain America an old HD to ride, for the American "classic" look,....but they will surely make the mistake of getting him on an AMF or an Aermacchi... :rolleyes: ... Which will certainly make the villains feel good!...

Excellent job, now whats your helmet look like?

I work at Universal Studios and there's a big rig (Peterbuilt) I see all the time done up in that manner. .

Looks great.

You've got some skills.

Can I ask how much it cost?

Not my style, but pretty cool. A different Captain America bike. :beer:

Wrap looks like a very well done job! I like it, but I wouldn't do it to mine. :)

I forget the website right now, but the site with the Capt America also has Batman, Storm Troopers, etc...

Archived