Samco Hose Kits For The 5Th Gen Vfr800

sa1713

• Member Contributer

With all of the excitement regarding the 3rd and 4th gen SAMCO hose kits, I inquired about a kit for the 5th gen.

I got in contact with Richard Murphy at Racebikebitz who said they are willing to produce a kit for the RC46 5th gen and add it to their product line if there are 10 confirmed orders. I believe the kits will be similarly priced as the 6th gen kits, but the pricing will be confirmed once they have my donor kit.

Richard also wanted me to let everyone know that the VFRD discount is active for all members on any hose kit they carry. The discount code is VFR750-15.

I'm in for a kit, who else?

1. sa1713

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I just bought all the hoses for the 5th gen through Honda. I found the lowest price online then went to my local dealer and asked them to beat the total price. The final cost was $148, without tax or shipping. That included the small bypass, head hoses. Just FYI, for comparison.

• Member Contributer

Good man, I hope the members 5th Gen owners support this thread as well as the 3rd & 4th Gen owners are supporting theirs.

Kind Regards,

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Looks like Mr. Murphy has the potential to get even more of my money. That's OK I'm Irish too.

Put me down for 2 kits for the 5th. I should snag one for the Duc too while the discount is good.

Oh yes please, sign me up for a kit.

I recently acquired a '98 edition and thanks to this forum I have replaced the headers / muffler with a delkevic high rise kit and now I have made a clean spot. New hoses would certainly put some life back into the old girl and if this is the place to support such an endeavor all the better.

• Member Contributer

I tried for a couple of weeks to get one of the Samco products for my streetfighter build to no avail. I finally had to go with a different brand. Glad you guys are having better luck. There wasn't too much support for the individual buyer. Great product they offer however.

• Member Contributer

Is it for one specific color or any color? In other words, do we need 10 orders of the same color or can each of us order a different color?

• Member Contributer

This the link from the 4th Gen kits deal I organised for us, But the discount code can be used for any Samco product.

I hope this helps,

BigB.

http://racebikebitz....licone-Hose-Kit

I have also set up a voucher code available to all members with a 15% introductory discount. This is valid until end of March

VFR750-15

This is the code,

An account will need to be opened on the website for it to work.

It is case sensitive.

Since I've got a front mount, I don't need a full kit. But if I should get the curved hose that goes around the front of the left side of the engine in silicone.....

• Member Contributer

I'm in.

Mac Morgan

abarth1202@verizon.net

BTW, some of the Gen 6 hoses fit the 5.

• Member Contributer

They look like they have some nice SS hoseclamps, but McMaster has something similar for half their price stated for silicone hoses.

• Member Contributer

I have a couple of 5th gens, an '00 (34K mi) & '01 (40k mi).

Why would one replace the hoses?

• Member Contributer

Is it for one specific color or any color? In other words, do we need 10 orders of the same color or can each of us order a different color?

Any color is available

Over time (heat/UV) the hoses begin to break down

Okay, we are up to 4 kits, keep them coming....

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

Updated list:

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

5. alvin

6. gmtech94

7. Mac Morgan

Just a couple more orders and we will get these produced. My donor kit will hit the post early next week.

• Member Contributer

Over time (heat/UV) the hoses begin to break down

Is there a way to determine their condition?

• Member Contributer

Hi MaxSwell/gig, When I removed the hoses from my 1994 4th Gen (27k Miles) to send them as template I found that the two short hoses at the thermostat and the short one at the water pump were in poor condition so it would be worth checking your own even if your not going to fit Samco.

Samco state on their website that the engine will run cooler, all I can say for sure is that when I raced a 98 CBR 600 with a standard rad' I fitted a set and it ran about 5 degree cooler.

I hope that helps,

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Any color is available

Cool. I'm in for a set then. Haven't decided on color just yet though...

• Member Contributer

Cool. I'm in for a set then. Haven't decided on color just yet though...

Excellent

Updated list:

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

5. alvin

6. gmtech94

7. Mac Morgan

8. Duc2V4

Archived