Samco Hose Kits For The 5Th Gen Vfr800

sa1713

• Member Contributer

I ordered the individual hoses and fit them to my RC46, per Mohawk's instructions. You can order straight lengths, 90-degree bends, 45-degree bends and even 180-degree bends from many suppliers (interestingly, I found that silicone hoses were cheaper in the UK than in the USA). More complex shapes can be made using hose joiners, but as each joiner requires two hose clamps, custom-bent kits can work out to be simpler and more elegant. As I wasn't using an OEM oil cooler, I wouldn't have been able to use a stock kit anyway, though.

Ciao,

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

One of the last mods that I think that I should do to my '01 is replacing the radiator hoses. Depending on the cost and time to get them, I am in for a red set.

I would be interested in a set for my '07 as well (in blue) if the price was right.

• Member Contributer

Anyone know how the coolant plumbing differs between the 5th & 6th gens?

I was under the impression that 6th gen rads give greater cooling capacity over 5th gens (~18%) and they bolt right up on a 5th gen frame.

• Member Contributer

Rush, when we put the 5G engine in the 6G bike we used the 6G rads and all associated plumbing that wasn't directly attached to the engine. On our 1,300 mile shake down run to Lee Parks Total Control classes in Nashville we found a troubling coolant leak that took the better of 3 days to identify.

The original 2001 hose on the left side lower of the engine that connects to the water pump had developed a leak from inside through to the thread reinforced middle section and was intermittently dripping from there.

We cut the hose about 3/4" shorter and re-clamped it then replaced it with the same hose from the 6G engine when we returned home.

As far as we can tell there is no difference in hoses between the 5.5G (bikes without the choke lever) and the early 6G. The 6G rads are 1 additional row for improved cooling.

• Member Contributer

Rush, when we put the 5G engine in the 6G bike we used the 6G rads and all associated plumbing that wasn't directly attached to the engine. On our 1,300 mile shake down run to Lee Parks Total Control classes in Nashville we found a troubling coolant leak that took the better of 3 days to identify.

The original 2001 hose on the left side lower of the engine that connects to the water pump had developed a leak from inside through to the thread reinforced middle section and was intermittently dripping from there.

We cut the hose about 3/4" shorter and re-clamped it then replaced it with the same hose from the 6G engine when we returned home.

As far as we can tell there is no difference in hoses between the 5.5G (bikes without the choke lever) and the early 6G. The 6G rads are 1 additional row for improved cooling.

Thanks Man!

This place rocks!!!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Any updates on this?

C'mon ya' cheap bastards. Pony-up for the nice hoses. You don't ride a VFR to save money. My 5th gen is apart at the moment so it's the perfect time to replace the 15-year-old hoses.

• Member Contributer

Hello again.

Here is an update:

Richard has put the used kit into pre-production and wants to gather enough interest to begin full production. Below is a list of members who have shown interest in a 5th gen kit. If you are not on the list and wish to buy a kit, please add your name to the list. I expect Richard to price a complete kit shortly. We are almost there with enough interest.

Updated list:

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

5. alvin

6. gmtech94

7. Mac Morgan

8. Duc2V4

9. Deltaboxii ?

I am tentatively in for this hose kit. I will be replacing the thermostat on my 1998 so that would be a good time to do the hoses.

Hello again.

Here is an update:

Richard has put the used kit into pre-production and wants to gather enough interest to begin full production. Below is a list of members who have shown interest in a 5th gen kit. If you are not on the list and wish to buy a kit, please add your name to the list. I expect Richard to price a complete kit shortly. We are almost there with enough interest.

Updated list:

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

5. alvin

6. gmtech94

7. Mac Morgan

8. Duc2V4

9. Deltaboxii ?

10. JES_VFR (assuming reasonable pricing, I'll want 2 sets, for my '99 and my '01)

• Member Contributer

So we are there? Good thing I put off ordering those stock hoses.

Hello again.

Here is an update:

Updated list:

1. sa1713

2. MBrane

3. MBrane

4. nuggetman

5. alvin

6. gmtech94

7. Mac Morgan

8. Duc2V4

9. Deltaboxii ?

10. JES_VFR (assuming reasonable pricing, I'll want 2 sets, for my '99 and my '01)

Can't see pricing being much different than the 6th gen kit they already offer. Yeah it ain't cheap, but there's a lot of hoses.

• Member Contributer

Richard advised that he hopes to have the pricing on their website around Tuesday next week. A lot of other products have gone into production and that has delayed their website's update.

• Member Contributer

Still interested, just waiting to hear on price!

• 3 weeks later...

RaceBikeBitz has them on the website! Just ordered a set, little pricey but they will look the part and last a long time.

• Member Contributer

Tried to order 2, but my bank is freaking out on the large UK charge. Will have to wait until Tuesday.

• Member Contributer

Finally got to the bank today. Just ordered 2 5th gen kits in black, and one for the ST4 in red. Figured I might as well go for it while I had the chance.

• Member Contributer

How much did it finally cost?

thanks Anik

For all 3 kits with stainless clamps was just under $1K shipped with the VFRD discount. Yeah a lot, but I will never have to worry about hoses on these bikes ever again.

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer

How well has this worked out for everyone?

Was it worth the price?

Are you happy with your color choice?

How does this price compare to Honda hoses?

Archived