Samco Hose Kits For 3Rd & 4Th Vfr 750

• Member Contributer

Hi, I have been in contact with Richard Murphy Managing Director of Racebikebitz (SAMCO)in the UK and they are willing to add RC36 model VFR's to their product list if he as at 10+ confirmed orders I have also been in contact with a guy in New Zealand who has three people that want kits so we only need 6 more people to make this happen. I have asked Richard to give we a approx' price of the kit if he can. If Richard gets back to me with a price I will post it here.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I think as there are only 2 long, 2 short hose and 2 small bore pipes from the coolant bottle the price will be in around £65-80 I hope.

1. BigB

2. SEBSPEED ?

3. Kiwi 1

4. Kiwi 2

5. Kiwi 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Other than a lovely blue, what -if any- does this bring over the OEMs?

and yes, a price would be nice!

Other than a lovely blue, what -if any- does this bring over the OEMs?

and yes, a price would be nice!

IIRC, the OEM hoses for the 3rd and 4th gens are getting very hard to find as most likely they are not being made anymore by Honda because of their 10 year limit with their spare parts support....

Plus these aftermatket hoses are usually made from longer lasting (silicone rubber?) materials. But dang, do they have to be in that boy racer, bright blue color??

I would be interested in a set for my 3rd gen. As someone posted earlier, 3rd gen hoses are not being made anymore. I tried a set of 4th gen hoses about 5 years ago but the right hand side doesn't fit very well with the fairing and I did not use it. I ended up buying a used set on ebay.

Roger

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

I have been in contact with Richard at Racebikebitz regarding the price of the kit if we can get enough people to place orders and today I received this reply.

Hi Brian,

1. Yes if we can get 5 on board we will begin to manufacture,

2. From when we receive your OEM hoses it can take 4-6 weeks for the 1st kit to be made,I will then have priced for you with no obligation. Give you an exact price. Then you can go to the forum with an exact deal, if all is good I can set up on my website and as soon as 1st 5 orders are in we will go ahead ! We would have the price in around 1 week from receiving the hoses.

Best Regards

Richard Murphy

Managing Director | Racebikebitz

I think that the price for these kits will be around £70-80 as there are two long shaped, three short straight and two small bore hoses. Which is more hoses than the HON-65 RC24 kit (4) and less than the HON-52 RC30 kit (11) which are £67 and £102 respectively

I am removing my hoses from my 4th Gen this weekend and will send them to Richard. When he gives me a price for the kit I will post it here, on VFRworld & Honda VFR club forums on the same topic

Then all we need is that at lease 5 people place orders and then they will start to manufacture the kit.

Going back to something that was said earlier in this thread about a 4th Gen bottom hose not fitting a 3rd Gen are 3rd and 4th Gen hoses the same or not???? If they are different some one will have to send Richard a full set of hoses as a template and then we would need 5 orders for each model to them to start to make the kits.

Can someone let me know A.S.A.P. If they are the same or not.

Richard has offered me the first kit FOC if I send my standard hoses but if the first 5 people are willing to place orders I will instruct Richard to split that discount between us.

Thanks,

BigB.

Please PM me if you are genuinely interested with contact info.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE,

Now 2 committed to placing orders Myself and "Cleaverchap" on the VFRworld forum and from New Zealand.

Only 3 more to get the ball rolling

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

Iam really pleased to see the support for this topic. As I have all ready said I will post my hoses off to Richard and then it should only be 1-2 weeks until he has a price for us. As anyone access to both models of RC36 and would be able to a definite answer on this question. The 3 short hoses have the exact same part numbers but the 2 longer shaped radiator hoses have a different prefix?

Thanks,

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

This topic is now gaining some pace. This how the lists of people that have already committed to placing orders to trigger Samco to add 3rd/4th Gen to their list.

SAMCO HOSE KITS FOR 3rd & 4th GENERATION VFR 750 RC36
1990-93 & 1994-97

4th Gen
1. BigB
2. Cleaverchap (VFRworld)
3. SEBSPEED
4. SamW
5. slo1

3rd Gen
1. JZH (Honda vfr club)
2. vfracer75
3. vfrcapn
4. YoshiHNS

So 4th Gen are know going to happen hopefully within 4-6 weeks. I am sending my standard hoses to Racebikebitz today. Then we need someone with a top and bottom rad' hoses and the two small bore pipes that run to the plastic bottle to them for them to check for any differences. The three short hoses have the same part numbers.

Thank you to all of you that have already supported this topic.

If we can get more people to commit to placing orders I will try to get a forum members discount from Richard at Racebikebitz.

BigB.

• Member Contributer

SAMCO HOSE KITS FOR 3rd & 4th GENERATION VFR 750 RC36

1990-93 & 1994-97

4th Gen

1. BigB

2. Cleaverchap (VFRworld)

3. SEBSPEED

4. SamW

5. slo1

6. YoshiHINS

3rd Gen

1. JZH (Honda vfr club)

2. vfracer75

3. vfrcapn

Made a correction there. I'm in for a 4th gen set.

Another question. Is this a one time shot, or will these be in stock for the same price from here on out. I might be tempted to pick up a spare set if this is a one time shot.

• Member Contributer

As I mentioned on the other site, I'm fairly certain I have the two hoses (top and bottom radiator) with different part numbers from when I dismantled my FL, but I cannot get to them for another couple of weeks. They are spares, so I would be happy to send them to be measured/compared with the 4th gen top and bottom radiator hoses. I should have the expansion tank hoses as well (but those are not custom-formed; they're just custom length). Now, what colour...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Hi YoshHNS/JZH,

JZH/ YoshiHINS,

If we can get enough interest in both models Racebikebitz (SAMCO) will add them to their list of kits they can supply and once they have made a kit they can make it again when required. Richard at Racebikebitz informed me that the hoses I have sent from my bike would not be returned to me as they would be kept as templates for future orders. I hope that would be ok that you wouldn't get your 3rd Gen spare hoses back but I am sure they will offer you some form of discount has they did with me, which as I've said before I have asked Richard to split between the people that place orders for 4th Gen kits

From my past experience with Samco, they only carry stock of fast moving kits and make kits as required for all others.

Thanks,

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

Now that we have enough people willing to place orders for 4th Gen kits (3rd Gen still need some more people to get involved and JZH/someone else to send top & bottom rad hoses and measurements of the 2 pipes which connect to the plastic bottle to Richard at Racebikeblitz then that kit should be ok to.

I have posted my hoses today and have email Richard to see what way he wants us to place the orders when he has given us a price and we are happy with the deal.

Thanks,

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Hi YoshHNS/JZH,

JZH/ YoshiHINS,

If we can get enough interest in both models Racebikebitz (SAMCO) will add them to their list of kits they can supply and once they have made a kit they can make it again when required. Richard at Racebikebitz informed me that the hoses I have sent from my bike would not be returned to me as they would be kept as templates for future orders. I hope that would be ok that you wouldn't get your 3rd Gen spare hoses back but I am sure they will offer you some form of discount has they did with me, which as I've said before I have asked Richard to split between the people that place orders for 4th Gen kits

From my past experience with Samco, they only carry stock of fast moving kits and make kits as required for all others.

Thanks,

BigB.

Sounds good. Thanks for setting this up.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

I will ask them to give P&P quotes for the UK, USA, Europe, Australia and New Zealand did I leave anyone out?

I think that the more people that get involved the lower a price we will have to pay.

Can everyone that has come on-board for 4th Gen kits please Pm me full name, email & location details so that I can pass them on to Richard at Racebikebitz.

Thanks,

BigB.

Archived