Samco Hose Kits For 3Rd & 4Th Vfr 750

• Member Contributer

No pressure, then!

The foul weather here scuppered my VFR800F test ride as well as the RC36 hose-swap (test), but tomorrow should be a great day for wrenching...

Ciao,

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Okay, I got the hoses and I've installed them on my '93 FP: They're perfect!

Apologies for the state of the bike--it's been "off the road" on two continents for the past four years or so... :cool:

post-362-0-53985000-1401105180.jpg

post-362-0-23461800-1401105200.jpg

post-362-0-32535900-1401105220.jpg

post-362-0-34465600-1401105230.jpg

I was not sent the two short straight hoses that mount within the V, but these are included in the '94-'97 kit for some reason. But they are the same hoses, according to their part numbers. Without them, this kit is slightly cheaper and easier to install (because you don't have to pull the carbs). But Racebikebitz may update the '90-'93 kit to include the extra hoses before they start sellingit--I don't know.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I thought that there must be something different. I will contact Richard at Racebikebitz by email but it will mean that the full kit will be the same price as the 4th Gen kit.

BigB

• Member Contributer

I will ring Bruce at Racebikebitz in the morning regarding the 90-93 3rd Gen kits as when I removed my old hoses the two short hoses from the thermostat

to the coolant pipes in the "V" were not in go shape ie quite perished as was the other short hose.

BigB.

• Member Contributer

Well, like I told Richard, not having those two hoses certainly made it easier to install the kit! But, I agree, they're probably due for replacement if the other hoses are due. And I've got to pull the carbs anyway...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I got this note from Richard at Racebikebitz:

Thanks for the news about the kit and again thanks for your time. Just to clarify everything with the kit for you and the rest of the forum users:-

1) We will increase the length of the longer tank overflow by 50mm as you suggested.

2) The kit was originally requested as a 5 piece kit and that is how it has been priced and advertised at present, retail price £72.02+VAT.

3) We have decided to make the kit a full 7 piece set now, with the inclusion of the two short hoses that you need to remove the tank and carbs to get to, this means that the kit has been re-priced at £93.12+VAT.

4) As a gesture of goodwill, if any forum members wish to increase their existing order for the 5 piece kit to a 7 piece kit, then we will offer the additional two hoses for £10.55+VAT, so half the price they should be

5) Unfortunately with over 700 kits now being made, by over 100 skilled hose-builders, we have no ultimate say over the positioning of the logos, sorry.

I had mentioned that the longer of the two hoses/tubes on the overflow tank could stand to be slightly longer, and that the Samco logo on the upper (RH) radiator hose was upside down, when visible through the fairing vent (see third and fourth pics above).

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

I've just returned from the Isle of Man TT, a trip that was FOC at the expense of A VERY GOOD & RICH FREIND I had 5 hyperbaric chamber sessions which REALLY help with my health issues ( would recommend everyone with any health issues or defiantly a sports injury to give it a go ) I think that JZH as been holding the fort for me and has delete with all the issues. If there is anything else do not hesitate to ask me to help with thing from this side of the pond.

BigB.

• Member Contributer

I had 5 hyperbaric chamber sessions

And here I am, thinking a long, hard Guinness session would cure all ails.... :goofy:

Feel free to start a topic in the Race sections with some choice photographs from the IOMTT :beer:

I'm loosely in the market for this stuff, have been following, but just wanted to say - thanks bigb for this, your efforts are a good example of what makes forums like VFRD tick. I mod on a 4x4 forum that has very similar levels of participation, intelligence and rapport as VFRD, so I truly understand the efforts members like you go to when they stump up for efforts like this - a lot more goes on behind the scenes of what makes it into the forum topic :fing02:

Richard emailed me this morning notifying me of the additional two hoses that he could include in the 3rd gen kit. Hopefully I get mine soon.

Roger

• Member Contributer

I also got the email a few days ago about the 7 piece kit, with the discount price since I paid a month ago. I'm actually switching up hose colors to blue now so he said it would be 3-4 weeks. No worries, the bike is 3rd on the project list at the moment.

Got my hose set yesterday!

Haven't opened up the package yet, as my bike is dead at the moment with some form of electrical gremlin - see this thread if you have any experience with a 3rd gen that goes completely dead, no contact - http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/78235-bike-dead-what-to-do/

I will post some pics once i fit the 5 piece set on my bike.

hopefully by then, the bike will be running... fml.

Thanks again BigB!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm considering these hoses for my 5th gen. Their # to $ conversion is a bit wonky though - current exchange is $1.71 to 1#, but their site is more of $2.10 to 1#. Also the image doesn't show the two short hoses for the t-stat.

Anyone order a 5th gen kit?

(oh, and is there a permanent 15% code that I missed?)

Archived