The Asssys

28 members have voted

1. 1. What shall the Statuettes be called?

• The ASSYs
    • The Timmys

So Far the confirmed categories are:

Outstanding Achievement in a prang

Man of the Meet (people's choice)

Lifetime Achievement Award

Outstanding Achievement in Farkling

The Academy will convene to add to this list, as soon as a new box of sangria is delivered.

Did I miss something none of these were nominated by the committee ..

Well, it is kind of like a thing where everyone gets to participate and think they had a hand in creating it but the official committee is pretty small actually.

So kind of like the government?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Kinda thought it was gonna be like that . ^^^^

Don't worry, you still to enjoy the monkey and donkey show during the presentation of the awards...and we promise not to script anything again this year.

We need that guy from across the pond that goes by the name of DUTCHY ..

chip in and buy him a ticket, I am sure he will find a way to take the time off of work. :goofy:

You mean ALL of us chip in and buy him a ticket ...

• Member Contributer

Kinda thought it was gonna be like that . ^^^^

Don't worry, you still to enjoy the monkey and donkey show during the presentation of the awards...and we promise not to script anything again this year.

We need that guy from across the pond that goes by the name of DUTCHY ..

chip in and buy him a ticket, I am sure he will find a way to take the time off of work. :goofy:

You mean ALL of us chip in and buy him a ticket ...

not me bro....I saw that picture of him and Randy... :ph34r:

The Academy is open to suggestions.

In an effort to maintain a high degree of fairness and dignity in the process by which riders, enthusiasts, mechanics and others (collectively referred to as "VFRD") promote bikes and persons eligible for Asssy Awards® to Academy members, the Board of Governors of the Academy of Single Sided Swingarms has developed a set of regulations for the annual rite generally known as "campaigning."

The Awards competition is a process that requires the voting members of the Academy to make their choices based solely on the artistic and technical merits of the eligible bikes and riders. It is the Academy's goal to ensure that the Awards competition is conducted in a fair and ethical manner. If any campaign activity is determined by the Board of Governors to work in opposition to that goal, whether or not anticipated by these regulations, the Board of Governors may take any corrective actions or assess any penalties that in its discretion it deems necessary to protect the reputation and integrity of the awards process. Furthermore, any Academy member who has authorized, executed or otherwise enabled a campaign activity that is determined by the Board of Governors to have undermined the letter or spirit of these regulations will be subject to suspension of membership or expulsion from the Academy.

• Member Contributer

Person who trailered in the shortest distance.

That person last year dropped their bike taking it off the trailer....

Thus he was also awarded shortest trip on a bike .....

In an effort to maintain a high degree of fairness and dignity in the process by which riders, enthusiasts, mechanics and others (collectively referred to as "VFRD") promote bikes and persons eligible for Asssy Awards® to Academy members, the Board of Governors of the Academy of Single Sided Swingarms has developed a set of regulations for the annual rite generally known as "campaigning."

The Awards competition is a process that requires the voting members of the Academy to make their choices based solely on the artistic and technical merits of the eligible bikes and riders. It is the Academy's goal to ensure that the Awards competition is conducted in a fair and ethical manner. If any campaign activity is determined by the Board of Governors to work in opposition to that goal, whether or not anticipated by these regulations, the Board of Governors may take any corrective actions or assess any penalties that in its discretion it deems necessary to protect the reputation and integrity of the awards process. Furthermore, any Academy member who has authorized, executed or otherwise enabled a campaign activity that is determined by the Board of Governors to have undermined the letter or spirit of these regulations will be subject to suspension of membership or expulsion from the Academy.

Now that begs the question, just what constitutes a "Asssy" penalty ?

• Member Contributer

Well, it is kind of like a thing where everyone gets to participate and think they had a hand in creating it but the official committee is pretty small actually.

Kim-il-Tim sez.........

"Who's yer daddy???"

post-8974-0-54121800-1384418481.jpg

• Member Contributer

Warwoman

I trust you will personally ensure that any "I have not been over 100MPH" virgins will pop their cherry throttle at TMAC2014.........

• Member Contributer

I assume that non-Academy members will determine which Academy Members will be executed.

• Member Contributer

Warwoman

I trust you will personally ensure that any "I have not been over 100MPH" virgins will pop their cherry throttle at TMAC2014.........

I claim dibs on first in line!

Maybe I've missed the obvious..... shouldn't these awards be called "The Timmies" ?

Keep going Timmy - this will be good!

Poll added. Never let it be said that the Academy didn't reach out to the great unwashed.

• Member Contributer

Person who trailered in the shortest distance.

That person last year dropped their bike taking it off the trailer....

Be nice to those who came "all the way from NC" - I still chuckle about that.

I don't think that changing the award name to the Timmys will improve upon the board fairness ideology. I think we need an impartial tie-breaker. What does the monkey say in all of this?

Archived