Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sidecars go on in November and come off in March. So they can be used when there is snow/ice. There isnt ever anyone riding monkey, although I have offered. They are good for getting people up on the curb, too!

whole mess of 3 wheels

4394189226_53a3539860_z.jpg?zz=1

• Member Contributer

did he break it or just get GAAACKKKK all over it when he saw the flat black?

should hose off, which is more than I can say for that paint... :goofy:

Ahem, veering abruptly back on topic:

Honda-20VF400F-2083_1.jpg

still not a fan of the inbord discs on this or the early VTR250s

What possessed Honda to make brakes like that?

Was there some kind of a trick idea behind inboard rotors that allows them to stay cool even though they are enclosed?

• Member Contributer

They were experimenting with inboard brakes to try and center the forces. There are slots which are supposed to pull in the air to cool the disk. It was something they thought worth trying. Didn't work well enough so they got rid of it two years later. So good ole Honda. Trying something different, and ditching it when it doesn't work well enough.

So are we ever going to hear about what happened?

so I opened the door of the shed and I was elbowed out of the way before I could say "Everything isnt bolted down yet". The next thing I know, Burns is zipping down the road. Fast. Nothing bad happened, just that some more cack got into one of the carbs float needle. Easily and quickly fixed, but it was a long wait for him to get back.

So I fired up the blender. Then he broke that too. Then he left.

I think it is ready for sustained level flight tests, but I dont have a title for it yet. The guy I bought it from is going to get a replacement title. I have to put my extra Pilot Power on the front too, then set up the suspension.

I'll have to "home issue" some tags and remember to pack a gold piece of metal in my wallet for the next few tests.

• Member Contributer

and remember to pack a gold piece of metal in my wallet for the next few tests.

What was it again what Orwell wrote in Animal Farm???

Ah yes...

"all pigs are equal but some pigs are more equal than others"?? :goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy::goofy:

• Member Contributer

//The guy I bought it from is going to get a replacement //

THATsounds familiar.

I hope that your guy is better than mine was when it comes to titles.

Total noob question, but: inboard brakes? I'm familiar with the concept on cars, but not bikes...

Sent from the future via Google Skynet

• Member Contributer

Usually the bike breaking comes AFTER the Margs when you let a buddy "take it for a quick spin."

Looks like you're on the home stretch. :fing02:

repacked the exhaust cans in an attempt to quiet it down. It took away a little of the high pitched sound but is still not "quiet" Placed a pilot power on the front. Still starves the right carbs on longer rides, so I am going to chuck my extra petcock at the problem. Also, I think there is too much height in the back, so I will bring that adjustment back down to earth.

It is pretty quick, and in fact I really have to watch the tach to ensure I keep the revs down. I bought some Napoleon Bar-End mirrors, but the left bar is really short with the VF500 master taking up all the room, so that will have to be sorted. (maybe my superhawk bars are longer?) New chain arrives tomorrow................

• Member Contributer

Those in the Chain Rescue Society can breath a sigh of relief

GEDC0012_zpsbad67265.jpg

GEDC0011_zps61c853f0.jpg

Thank God!

Some of us were worried.

Great work Timmy!

Archived