Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

Need any parts? There's a clean-looking '86 Mini-ceptor with extra parts advertised for sale on the local CL just south of you in Richmond.

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/3758088922.html

If I didn't already have too many two- and four-wheeled vehicles I'd be tempted to check this one out...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Balls tapered rollers arrived today. I'll sort that and take a look at the carbs soon. I havent given up, but I needed a break from only sleeping, working and VF500-ing, because that is all I have done for a month. It feels incredibly light when you wheel it around, so that is a slight positive.............

• Member Contributer

I have a finished project in the garage that will make it's way out. I'll even fix that paintjob. Those wheels just add too much color to the whole thing :tongue:

2 of the carbs picked up some cack and prevented fuel flow. (Had nothing to do with my folger's coffee can tank, I assure you). Carbs got a visit to the bench and all seems well now. I will prolly wait till Burns gets here to do the head bearings, because I can potentially trick him into doing the entire job before he realizes it is finished. No time until saturday anyway because it is shift, 8 hours of M16 re qualifying, 4 hours rest, another shift, 4 hours sleep, then alarm clock bringing me back into the shed.

I have decided to sell the Seca, because by all rights, its place should be occupied by a V4. Looking for a Sabre to use as a commuter now.........

• Member Contributer

does the .223 that you "have" to shoot for work have two positions on the fire selector switch or three? 'cause I can burn through 1,000 rounds pretty quick if your weapon goes all the way to three...

no, although it is an M16A1, it has been altered and no matter how hard I push, the selector wont go to "fun" We are also required to call it an "Accessory Lug" Heaven forbid one should utter the word "bayonette"

Photo_040611_001.jpg

• Member Contributer

2 of the carbs picked up some cack and prevented fuel flow. (Had nothing to do with my folger's coffee can tank, I assure you). Carbs got a visit to the bench and all seems well now.

Way to stick with it! If I could suggest - not sure if you have done this yet - give a go at checking the valve lash. Side note, you will need to re-sync the carbs, using a manometer, after this is done.

vf500fcarbsync03-30-11.jpg

• Member Contributer

2 of the carbs picked up some cack and prevented fuel flow. (Had nothing to do with my folger's coffee can tank, I assure you). Carbs got a visit to the bench and all seems well now.

Way to stick with it! If I could suggest - not sure if you have done this yet - give a go at checking the valve lash. Side note, you will need to re-sync the carbs, using a manometer, after this is done.

vf500fcarbsync03-30-11.jpg

Definitely do this ASAP. When I did it on the magna motor, a bunch of the valves were so far out that I called a friend to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. It's kind of easy to adjust once you get the hang of it, since it moves a little bit when you're tightening it down.

• Member Contributer

no, although it is an M16A1, it has been altered and no matter how hard I push, the selector wont go to "fun" We are also required to call it an "Accessory Lug" Heaven forbid one should utter the word "bayonette"

Accessories available: 1, bayonet, lug mounted.

• Member Contributer

Bayonette splattered with red paint = Best crowd control.

Carry on.

• Member Contributer

Ahem, veering abruptly back on topic:

Honda-20VF400F-2083_1.jpg

Used to think it would be cool to own one when they are new and most conspicuous in Japan...still not a fan of the inbord discs on this or the early VTR250s

Archived