Corner Carver Made Me Do It

timmythecop

after coming out of a 2 day in-bed sickness, I discovered that the problem was that the petcock flowed really slowly and that is why the 2 right jugs were starved of fuel. That has been solved BUT, I still do not have a title and I keep thinking about the court appearance where the judge says "Sergeant Steffes, you should have known better....", so I AM loading up the Yellow Peril for the trip.

This is double bad news because I wanted everyone who wanted to have a go, to be able shriek around on that little rocket. It kinda negates all the sleepless days working on it to get it ready in time, but what are you gonna do, right?

I think I will drink some gin and then go bid on El Caminos to drown my sorrows.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Eventually you are going to take it to court (to get the title, I presume). Why wait? You're going to have to anyways. At least this way you know if you have a street bike or a track bike.

Also, there is that go-kart track behind the motel that may be big enough for the 500, but would require on-site testing. :fing02:

Spoke with Timmy last night - I believe the issue is that if the bike were to get impunded in NC for no title, the ONLY solution would be for the previously titled owner to show up in NC to gather the bike up. That wouldn't happen - so Timmy would be out a bike (long term) and depending on when the impound happened during the week that we are there - he may be riding a lawnchair at the motel for a few days while the rest of us are riding.

The Yellow Peril is the better choice given the circumstances.

I'm meeting Timmy about an hour south of Pittsburgh in Morgantown WV, and then we're loading his bike up from there. Couldn't really get 3 bikes on my trailer - it would be close to overload with that weight - and for a long trip - not gonna do that.

Is there a 'Cycle Garden' subsidiary in Netherlands? ;) www.cyclegarden.com Home of spectacular Guzzi restorations.

Good fortune, R3~

more test rides......

I love the motor. Very revvy, and the torque curve is a straight slant up. The power is near the same everywhere, so you do not have to pin it all the time. Really like it!

• Member Contributer

after coming out of a 2 day in-bed sickness, I discovered that the problem was that the petcock flowed really slowly and that is why the 2 right jugs were starved of fuel. That has been solved BUT, I still do not have a title and I keep thinking about the court appearance where the judge says "Sergeant Steffes, you should have known better....", so I AM loading up the Yellow Peril for the trip.

This is double bad news because I wanted everyone who wanted to have a go, to be able shriek around on that little rocket. It kinda negates all the sleepless days working on it to get it ready in time, but what are you gonna do, right?

I think I will drink some gin and then go bid on El Caminos to drown my sorrows.

So, did you get an El Camino?? If so, we need pics!!!

C

PS Sorry about all that hard work going to waste...

• Member Contributer

more test rides......

I love the motor. Very revvy, and the torque curve is a straight slant up. The power is near the same everywhere, so you do not have to pin it all the time. Really like it!

Good deal!

• Member Contributer

Timmy - upper respiratory deal knocked me down for a couple days this past week, too... Sickest I've been in a long time. Glad to have the worst of it out of the way.

We hauling anything down for ya?

• Member Contributer

Make sure it's the UK ebay site. Their El Caminos are nicer.

82kt1j6.jpg

Yes, I know it's actually Australian.

Make sure it's the UK ebay site. Their El Caminos are nicer.

82kt1j6.jpg

Yes, I know it's actually Australian.

Holden makes some sexy ass cars, damnit I want one!!!!!!!!!!

• Member Contributer

I ate lunch at El Ranchero and my 3 enchilada platter came from a kitchen that probably hasn't been cleaned since '72...see we really are two side of the same coin :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Hey, at least you'll get to ride it when you get back from TMAC.

The sarcasm is returning................he's on the mend

Archived